218357 Bullies, 4346 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i wouldn't bet on that, given his brother.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Alex some kind of knife fighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mslbebiz
    I think Jim_Jude nailed this question better than anyone. There's a huge difference between rolling around in a ring spending 3 minutes to try and get a submission vs a crackhead coming at you full speed with a knife, and his 2 friends joining in to help him gut you and rob you. If you guys honestly think your BJJ and MMA is the best preparation for this, that's pretty sad. I love the sport as much as the next guy, but the ignorance and blind love is pretty overwhelming in this forum.

Flame me if you want, I joined this forum thinking most of you actually had something intelligent to say about these things, but it always comes back to MMA and BJJ rule, and everything else sucks. MMA and BJJ do rule... in the ring. But face someone trained to use a knife in the street vs your MMA and YOU DIE. ...Unless you've had some serious complimentary training to deal with these things, which in most cases is based on the same MA's your constantly bashing.

Then, unless you're actually planning to compete you're better off just training something with a non-sporting emphasis in the beginning. Not to say the training for competition won't help you, I really believe MA's like judo can be very effective *when complimented with other important training for these scenarios*, but if you think Fedor would be better off facing 3 knife-wielding crackheads vs Kelly Worden for instance (who's not even a young guy), you'd probably be betting on the wrong guy.
    what I've boldfaced in your quote here, portrays you as an idiot.

What the hell are your expectations when you compare a measurable, verifiable test of skills between two fighters and your fantasy scenario?

Do you have any clue as to why, say, the Soviet Army developed a sport derivative version of their combatives program?
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:44am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    Is Alex some kind of knife fighter?
    let's just say that he's had to "earn" most of his tattoos.
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:46am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Should I replace the word "earn" with "stab a lot of people for"?
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Whatever works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was simply an example. It could well have been 1 knife wielding attacker. The same outcome is likely. And I didn't say LIVE, I said do better. It doesn't surprise me that everyone blows my comments way out of context though.

And as far as my 3 minutes to submit a guy comment, you regularly STILL see advanced BJJ players struggle for some time to submit fighters that suck on the ground. And this would only become more difficult if the person was bigger or on drugs.

But that's not my point here anyways as I've already stated I appreciate MMA and BJJ as much as the next guy. My point was to simply give another point of view other than BJJ being the top 5 lol. But again, unless I'm one of the herd singing the all mighty praises of BJJ and have no opinion other than that, you bash me and call me an idiot. So goes the Internet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:53am

Style: FMA / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But that's not my point here anyways as I've already stated I appreciate MMA and BJJ as much as the next guy. My point was to simply give another point of view other than BJJ being the top 5 lol. But again, unless I'm one of the herd singing the all mighty praises of BJJ and have no opinion other than that, you bash me and call me an idiot. So goes the Internet.
    Yes, there are people on this site that believe that BJJ is the ultimate in MAs, and there are those that don't.

I, and I think most people here, have a problem with the way you stated your argument, not with you saying that BJJ isn't the greatest MA ever.

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:57am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was simply an example. It could well have been 1 knife wielding attacker. The same outcome is likely. And I didn't say LIVE, I said do better.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.

It doesn't surprise me that everyone blows my comments way out of context though.
    No, they were completely taken within the context you put them. Now if you wish you had presented it in a different context, that's another issue.

It doesn't surprise me that everyone blows my comments way out of context though. And as far as my 3 minutes to submit a guy comment, you regularly STILL see advanced BJJ players struggle for some time to submit fighters that suck on the ground. And this would only become more difficult if the person was bigger or on drugs.
    Are you aware that absolutely NOBODY takes pro fights without training BJJ? You also don't seem to know that the first thing most people learn is defense.

Let's just be honest, your point isn't about the fallibility of BJJ. It's about the supremacy in your opinion of Kali or Escrima. Go ahead, you can say it. Try to repeat after me. "I don't like that my Filipino Martial Art doesn't have as many nutriders as BJJ."
    Last edited by Gabetuno; 10/16/2008 12:00pm at .

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:57am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was simply an example. It could well have been 1 knife wielding attacker. The same outcome is likely. And I didn't say LIVE, I said do better. It doesn't surprise me that everyone blows my comments way out of context though.
    1. this is YMAS, read the the stickies re: this

2. You "could well" give any fucking imaginary, white rage, kill or be killed scenario you'd like to. The problem is, it's still fantasy world.

I've seen way too many jokers take your point of view. You want to train in a non-sportive style that is reality-specific and deals with killing/crippling people and ****? Go get yourself thrown in jail. You will learn everything you need and quickly.

Again, do you have any idea why militaries all over the world create or use sport-variants for their training?
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 12:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Whatever works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't even practice FMA, I just put that in when I joined a few days ago. I'm not training at all right now, I came here to seek advice on evaluating my best options. I'm actually strongly considering Judo.

When I was in high school one of my best friends was in Judo, and had been for a few years. He was a small guy, too, about 5' 9", 135lbs, yet he decided he liked to go to the bars and pick fights and he was an animal. I don't think he ever lost that I remember, even against 2 or 3 people at times. Back then the UFC was just starting up and we'd regularly have full contact matches of our own after watching the PPV (I imagine a lot of you did the same thing lol) and he'd regularly whoop on almost all of us, no matter the size.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast