228264 Bullies, 4610 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 174
Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. mslbebiz is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:06am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Whatever works

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Another Sport vs Street (Knives included) rant.

    I think Jim_Jude nailed this question better than anyone. There's a huge difference between rolling around in a ring spending 3 minutes to try and get a submission vs a crackhead coming at you full speed with a knife, and his 2 friends joining in to help him gut you and rob you. If you guys honestly think your BJJ and MMA is the best preparation for this, that's pretty sad. I love the sport as much as the next guy, but the ignorance and blind love is pretty overwhelming in this forum.

    Flame me if you want, I joined this forum thinking most of you actually had something intelligent to say about these things, but it always comes back to MMA and BJJ rule, and everything else sucks. MMA and BJJ do rule... in the ring. But face someone trained to use a knife in the street vs your MMA and YOU DIE. ...Unless you've had some serious complimentary training to deal with these things, which in most cases is based on the same MA's your constantly bashing.

    Then, unless you're actually planning to compete you're better off just training something with a non-sporting emphasis in the beginning. Not to say the training for competition won't help you, I really believe MA's like judo can be very effective *when complimented with other important training for these scenarios*, but if you think Fedor would be better off facing 3 knife-wielding crackheads vs Kelly Worden for instance (who's not even a young guy), you'd probably be betting on the wrong guy.
  2. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:09am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mslbebiz
    I think Jim_Jude nailed this question better than anyone. There's a huge difference between rolling around in a ring spending 3 minutes to try and get a submission vs a crackhead coming at you full speed with a knife, and his 2 friends joining in to help him gut you and rob you. If you guys honestly think your BJJ and MMA is the best preparation for this, that's pretty sad. I love the sport as much as the next guy, but the ignorance and blind love is pretty overwhelming in this forum.

    Flame me if you want, I joined this forum thinking most of you actually had something intelligent to say about these things, but it always comes back to MMA and BJJ rule, and everything else sucks. MMA and BJJ do rule... in the ring. But face someone trained to use a knife in the street vs your MMA and YOU DIE. ...Unless you've had some serious complimentary training to deal with these things, which in most cases is based on the same MA's your constantly bashing.

    Then, unless you're actually planning to compete you're better off just training something with a non-sporting emphasis in the beginning. Not to say the training for competition won't help you, I really believe MA's like judo can be very effective *when complimented with other important training for these scenarios*, but if you think Fedor would be better off facing 3 knife-wielding crackheads vs Kelly Worden for instance (who's not even a young guy), you'd probably be betting on the wrong guy.
    There is a very clear implication in this post, which is that there in fact IS a preferred Martial Art for addressing three knife wielding crack heads. So since you seem to be so sure that MMA training with help you not at all, and you also imply that something will, maybe you could inform me as a "blind lover" of the sport what exactly that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  3. mslbebiz is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:10am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Whatever works

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, the point is missed because it wasn't yours.
  4. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:14am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I got your point. MMA is not the end all be all. But ths is a typical argument that people offer up against it. "Because BJJ/MMA doesn't address X, it's not really as great as anyone says." "Well, then what addresses X?" "You're missing my point!"

    The fact is, there IS no MA that effectively addresses 3 knife wielding murderers on one unarmed man. Your premise is false, and therefore, so is your point/argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  5. escrimador6 is offline
    escrimador6's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    548

    Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:18am


     Style: FMA / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mslbebiz
    if you think Fedor would be better off facing 3 knife-wielding crackheads vs Kelly Worden for instance (who's not even a young guy), you'd probably be betting on the wrong guy.
    I'm not sure there are many people in this world who would fair very well unarmed against three opponents with knives.

    So your point is that if we make the scenario extreme enough, we can prove that all MAs suck on the street?

    15 guys versus one guy who knows BJJ, 6 of them have bats and one has a super sweet pair of nunchucks. He would totally lose. BJJ is not effective.
  6. Blue Negation is offline

    Woke up in the mortuary

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,228

    Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:23am


     Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 minutes rolling around? Man, are you so fucking stupid that you don't realize it lasts that long because both fighters KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING?

    It takes a 155 lb purple belt I know 2 seconds to "submit" uppity/spastic noobs from standing. Do you think that someone that doesn't even fucking know that their opponent is a grappler is magically going to be harder to apply a jointlock or choke on than one that is prepared to defend their extremities and knows what is coming?

    THOUSANDS of judoka and sambists and BJJ'ers and submission grapplers in the world are at this level of skill. It isn't impossible or unusual or mythical. Just look at youtube and watch some Judo, Sambo, BJJ, ADCC highlights. And remember AGAIN that these are TWO skilled grapplers. Throw a douchebag like you from the streets in there and you'd get your ligaments and joints shredded as fast as you can realize what's going on.

    No fucking duh that escrima or kali or whatever would help against a knife, but you're still probably going to get cut and quite likely to die. Three knife wielding thugs? Kelly Fuckwit having a good chance? No, you or your hero would both get literally butchered by three people with knives. That's just how it works, dumbshit, and no "martial art" is going to prevent you from getting murdered by three people with knives.

    If you have evidence to the contrary, post it, but posting retarded **** about rolling around on the ground for three minutes=BJJ/MMA LOLZ (CUZ THEY'RE THE SAME) proves that you probably don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.
  7. Transcendent Sunchips is offline
    Transcendent Sunchips's Avatar

    Happy birthday to me.

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Nazareth, Galilee
    Posts
    1,155

    Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:24am

    supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by escrimador6
    So your point is that if we make the scenario extreme enough, we can prove that all MAs suck on the street?

    15 guys versus one guy who knows BJJ, 6 of them have bats and one has a super sweet pair of nunchucks. He would totally lose. BJJ is not effective.
    Why not give the BJJ guy some internal handicaps? Let's see if he can handle these guys while drunk, bloated from a buffet, and his dog just died. Oh and he can't wear his gi and he must wear dress shoes.
  8. pauli is offline

    i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    herndon, va, usa
    Posts
    3,521

    Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:27am

    supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so... he has to be ed o'neill, dressed as al bundy?
  9. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:31am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What annoys me about this moron's post is he ascribes a love of BJJ or MMA by the patrons of this site as ignorance to other arts. Just so you know, mslbebiz, most of the people who post regularly on this site have in the past or do currently cross train in some TMA. You just offered up a scenario that, despite whatever your instructor tells you, most reasonable people who have been in a fight, and most LEO that I know, would be certain death unless you can outrun those three crackheads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  10. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    10/16/2008 11:32am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You also seem to conclude that Fedor has no knife fight experience. I wouldn't bet on that, given his background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.