Sponsored Links Spacer Image

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 1:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

1st and 2nd dan in German Ju Jutsu (GeJJ) gone up in smoke.

I've put this in YMAS because the courtcase hasn't happend yet, maybe afther the sentencing I'll re-write it with names into a MABS article.

Like some of you already know I’m temporary home because of a sport accident.
    But I get alot of visitors so I’m not wasting away.
    An ex-trainingpartner and friend came by Sunday afternoon that I hadn’t seen for months. I had a great time and later in the evening we did some remenising about training in GeJJ when he said that he was happy that our former teacher is facing fraud charges. That surprised me, and when I demanded for some explanaiton I got an almost unbelievable story…

My former teacher, let’s call him Teacher X, hasn’t got a 4th dan in German Ju Jutsu, he’s got a 1st dan in Kyokushin Karate, a 2nd in Judo and is an experienced free-style wrestler.
    Normally a great martial arts CV, but he taught GeJJ an art in which he isn’t certified.
    I never suspected it in the 13 years that I trained with him and he pulled this scam off for almost 16 years. How he succeeded still puzzles me. On the advice of my friend I made yesterday an official complaint against him to the police to help the case. At this moment Teacher X has got a courtorder that prohibites him to teach any form of Martial Art, not even in his legit grades, until after the courtcase has been settled. Normally the case will go to court in between 6 months to 3 years and when found guilty, he will never ever be able to open a martial arts studio, sportgym or fitnesscenter.
    The only reimbursement that we his (ex-) students will get will be 1 euro for moral damages and the fact that his teaching days are over.

…after the story, I asked my friend what to do since I have now 13 years of training in something, but no certificates to prove anything. The answer was…”join a MMA gym to learn the ruleset and get a certificate in a year or so, because you trained 13 years in a skillset that suites MMA.”
    I really don’t know what to do.

Here we have a saying that everythings happens in three.
    First my knee got busted, second my dan grades aren’t worth the paper that they are printed on, I’m holding my breath for the third.

Greetz,

Zendokan

*edit*
    repair of some typos

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alternatively, once you're well, find a sympathetic "gejj" instructor, and see where he ranks you.

it's just paper, anyway.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 1:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    exactly.
    belts are for either holding up pants or keep your jacket closed.

in my case i use my belt to slap the guiz on their asses in the lockerroom.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 1:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    alternatively, once you're well, find a sympathetic "gejj" instructor, and see where he ranks you.

it's just paper, anyway.
    The problem is that there are no other GeJJ clubs in Belgium, only in Germany and I know from my friend that other students went to Germany for trying to establish a new grading.
    It didn't work.

Here in Belgium you need the paper to prove to the authorities your traininglevel, else no insurance company will give you an insurance when you open a club.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I may, what is Gejj anyway? What differentiates it from Jjj? Or Bjj?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 2:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan
    The problem is that there are no other GeJJ clubs in Belgium, only in Germany and I know from my friend that other students went to Germany for trying to establish a new grading.
    It didn't work.

Here in Belgium you need the paper to prove to the authorities your traininglevel, else no insurance company will give you an insurance when you open a club.
    So we get to the heart of the matter, you want to teach. We have had this discussion before Zen. You have to put down your entire problem if you want help.

How soon are you looking to teach?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 2:02pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you get a JJIF rank instead of a GeJJ rank?

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 2:04pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    If I may, what is Gejj anyway? What differentiates it from Jjj? Or Bjj?
    "From wikipedia:

In 1967, members of the Deutsche Dan-Kollegium (DDK, German Dan Council) started developing a new self defense system mainly based on Judo, Karate, and Aikido, all three styles in turn being based on or influenced by traditional Japanese Jujutsu. A lot of emphasis was put on techniques which could be used in real life situations. Over the years, experience from police work, and techniques from other martial arts, have influenced the system.
    In 2000, additional techniques from Kali / Arnis de Mano / Eskrima, Sambo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Boxing etc. were officially incorporated into German Ju-Jutsu."

The problem is that my version only consist of Kyokushin Karate, Judo and Freestyle wrestling with some basic knife and stick techniques (no Escrima).

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 2:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan
    "From wikipedia:

In 1967, members of the Deutsche Dan-Kollegium (DDK, German Dan Council) started developing a new self defense system mainly based on Judo, Karate, and Aikido, all three styles in turn being based on or influenced by traditional Japanese Jujutsu. A lot of emphasis was put on techniques which could be used in real life situations. Over the years, experience from police work, and techniques from other martial arts, have influenced the system.
    In 2000, additional techniques from Kali / Arnis de Mano / Eskrima, Sambo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Boxing etc. were officially incorporated into German Ju-Jutsu."

The problem is that my version only consist of Kyokushin Karate, Judo and Freestyle wrestling with some basic knife and stick techniques (no Escrima).
    You trained with him for 13 years?
    Do you know Judo throws with names?
    Do you know Kyokushin?

Is it a mish mash?

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 2:28pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    So we get to the heart of the matter, you want to teach. We have had this discussion before Zen. You have to put down your entire problem if you want help.

How soon are you looking to teach?
    Are you sure you have got the right Zen? Because I really can't remember having any discussion with you.

The entire problem is that I can't prove my teachings anymore, I studied this system for the longest (13 years).
    And you don't have to be afraid, I wasn't planning to teach in the nearby futher, it just said that now the possibility of teaching is gone.

It's a mishmash, every technique only had a flemish number, like throw 3 for 9 series, kick 2 from 8, etc...

I'm now studying Judo, so in a few years I now the Japanese names.

The GeJJ was until recent not connected with any other form of JJJ, because it's background was Karate & Judo, no koryo or gendai Ju Jutsu connection. The GeJJ federation didn't approve of other Gendai Ju Jutsu systems and vice versa.
    Last edited by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs; 10/14/2008 2:33pm at .
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast