Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 3:11pm

Style: Contemporary Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick reply: I did mean "grappling" as in "takedowns and jointlocks + groundwork." It *was* somewhat surprising to find that CMA has at least "a" ground component, since we don't seem to like going to ground.

I will make a note to ask the people who posted it about the background, though. Some were postulating that it might be Yip Man (ya know, Bruce Lee's old wing chun teacher), but no one really knows.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 3:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRC4Eva
    Quick reply: I did mean "grappling" as in "takedowns and jointlocks + groundwork." It *was* somewhat surprising to find that CMA has at least "a" ground component, since we don't seem to like going to ground.
    Well, I'm surprised you'd be shocked. How new are you to CMA?

They don't like going to the ground these pics don't change that at all.

Comments like these make me think you really mean BJJ type grappling.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 3:53pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRC4Eva
    snip...

I will make a note to ask the people who posted it about the background, though. Some were postulating that it might be Yip Man (ya know, Bruce Lee's old wing chun teacher), but no one really knows.
    It is not unknown as you suggest. This link was posted on page 1 of this thread...

http://www.kungfulibrary.com/shaolin-chin-na.htm

Chin Na Fa from a book published in 1936.

The person pictured is not Yip Man as suggested by the person writing in the link of your original post. It would likely be Liu Jin Sheng, the author of the book.

The book was a manual published in Shanghai and was a police manual for Zhejiang province. Yip Man was from Foshan, later moved to HK. Not likely he would have traveled to appear in photos for another art.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123