222261 Bullies, 3502 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 10:08am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    few takers when YOU were there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 5:10pm

Style: Judo/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    I recently moved and in unpacking I found by BJJ Bund pass from when I started training BJJ under Hasselien in Neuried. I can't find my DJJ pass which sucks because I had alot of stuff in there from Kali seminars to tournaments, especially one against the Polezei. The first tournaments I attended were like Karate + Judo. When you hit the ground it was like Judo. Pple turtled alot and mainly chokes and armbars where used. Later ones started looking more like BJJ and more leglocks were allowed.

Then there was the No gi Sport JJ which was MMA but with headgear, gloves, adn shinpads. There were few takers on that.
    sounds great actually doesn't it?
    I had toyed with the idea of training German JuJutsu but I could never realize my plans. German Polizei was training solely Jujutsu many years ago if I remember right.
    GEZERE: How would you rate De.JJ? what do you think about it as a MA?

jetzt auf Deutsch: Es gab eine Jujutsu Schule in Wedding Berlin. Menschen haben die Schule staending gelobt aber Ich war damals ein WT-Freak, dementsprechend habe ick mich fuer WT entschieden. Scheisse!!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 9:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reindo
    GEZERE: How would you rate De.JJ? what do you think about it as a MA?
    It wasn't bad. It would probably fit the basic SD need for your average joe. There was some hockey parts of it like having to create your own kata for testing but we did randori ever class. When it was time for DJJ ZWEITAUSEND there was more things being added. I would recommend it if there wasn't BJJ or a MMA school in the area.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 7:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

jetzt auf Deutsch: Es gab eine Jujutsu Schule in Wedding Berlin. Menschen haben die Schule staending gelobt aber Ich war damals ein WT-Freak, dementsprechend habe ick mich fuer WT entschieden. Scheisse!!
    not scheisse, STUPID!

ghehe dont worry, i wont translate it in english...

i just nod my head at you though...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 7:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that I want to conceal it.
    I wrote many times on this forum that I was WT believer then which was a total mistake. There is nothing wrong making mistakes, as long as you dont repeat them.

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 7:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that I want to conceal it.
    I wrote many times on this forum that I was WT believer then which was a total mistake. There is nothing wrong making mistakes, as long as you dont repeat them.
    yeah ok, thats the right attitude my friend.
    but i bet you feel stupid now for taking that up instead of the JJ right?
    That school in Berlin is a bjj school?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 7:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Lebell,
    I dont remember now after many years exactly which JJ the school was teaching, but there is a high probability that it was the german jujutsu, the eclectic one I mean.
    After Gezere's evaluation, GeJJ or DJJV does not look that bad at all. I was then heavily indoctrinated (by my WT instructors) against anything japanese or where you are supposed to wear a gi, hence my belated discovery of Judo and BJJ.

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 8:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Lebell,
    I dont remember now after many years exactly which JJ the school was teaching, but there is a high probability that it was the german jujutsu, the eclectic one I mean.
    After Gezere's evaluation, GeJJ or DJJV does not look that bad at all. I was then heavily indoctrinated (by my WT instructors) against anything japanese or where you are supposed to wear a gi, hence my belated discovery of Judo and BJJ.
    What exactly did they have against japanese styles and gi's?
    stuff like: in a real situation you dont wear a gi?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 9:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I can remember, my WT instructors were no different than those met by other forum members.
    They were insistently emitting an invincibility flavor, ornamenting their self-proclaimed undefeatable status with propositions like "WT is the real deal", "others lack on reality but only WT is a realistic solution, which is needless to add, th3 r34l str33t d34dly and has no mercy "etc.....
    "Karate and Judo on the other hand are devoid of reality touch, they are only competition sports"

you know usual crap they sell....
    what irks me I had right off the bat found out that a huge portion of WT training is ONLY THEN useful, if your opponent too is using deadly WT techniques, but in real fights, of which I had my fair share, this never ever happens. (See Boztepe vs. Cheung (!!) video for how Sifus fight), HOW COME people practising WT fail to recognize this.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567