Posted On:
    10/15/2008 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DJJ ah the days!!!!

Zen,

I trained DJJ from 99~01 in Bad Krueznach. It wasn't constant training because I lived in Baumholder and trained spradically or if I had to stay in BK I would train everynight I was able to. For me, a barbaric Amerikaner, grading was pretty easy. I wanted to compete in a sports JJ competition. To compete I had to be part of the Bund and have a grade in it. Eventhough I had a nidan in Judo I and to be tested from white belt. We took two days to go over all the material to BB and then tested on it. Also all outside training, tests, and competitions were recorded in a passport. From what I am told the cirriculum has changed but if you are grounded in what you learned I am sure there is a club willing to test you for grade, after you paided the appro fees.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 4:19pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay possible versions (because what you posted does not make any sense)

1) Ich kann dich nicht leiden (I don't like you)
    2) Ich liebe dich nicht (I don't love you)
    3) I am on drugs and pretend to speak German...

PS: "MeinE!!!!!! Frau" and not "Mein Frau"
    I guess I would have to go with Number 2. Thanks f4n4n.

All these years I held to the thought that it meant "Had we just more time!". So that is why she is no longer MeinE.

While the lesson is going on, how do you say...oh I don't know... something like..

"Give me back my stuff you heartless black-forest sow" for her facebook page.

Now back on track, my lineage JJJ is funny enough to have a SS Nazi youth link back a ways, long before the various modern federations and governing bodies existed. I guess I know some GeJJ too!

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 6:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    DJJ ah the days!!!!

Also all outside training, tests, and competitions were recorded in a passport.
    Those passport excist here for every MA, they are Federation passports and are the real certificate.

From what I am told the cirriculum has changed but if you are grounded in what you learned I am sure there is a club willing to test you for grade, after you paided the appro fees.
    I personnally have got enough from the politics in the european JJJ scene, the hostility excist even between clubs that practise the same style and are of the same federation.
    Been thru that **** once, and once is enough.
    I think that the mentallety has got something to do with the fact that some clubs practise in an alive fashion, while others LARP self-defense. But the dangrades are equal in the federation, so larpers will most of the times have a higher position in one and the same federation.

I think that I'll stay with BJJ & Judo, hopefully add next year Kyokushin (if I can find a club in the vacinity). No larping, no bullshit and I'm bored to prepare myself for the d34dly str33ts. Think that in the last 10 years I got in maximum 5 fights, so you can't say that we got d34dly str33ts here in Leuven.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 9:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA
    While the lesson is going on, how do you say...oh I don't know... something like..

"Give me back my stuff you heartless black-forest sow" for her facebook page.
    "Gib mir mein Kram zurück Du herzlose Sau aus dem Schwarzwald" or "Gib mir mein Kram zurück Du herzlose Schwarzwaldsau" deppends on if you want to put emphasize on her being a sow or her being from the black-forest ... I would opt for the last one but I don't know what you exactly try to express.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 3:28am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sie haben sauerkraut in ihrem lederhosen.

This is all.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 3:29am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, actually. Is this German Ju-Jutsu connected in any way with European Ju-Jutsu?
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 3:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr
    Well, actually. Is this German Ju-Jutsu connected in any way with European Ju-Jutsu?
    From this year there's a connection between federations, before they could meet eachother in tournaments, but the federations didn't respected eachother grades.

This was primairely because Gendai sport Ju Jutsu systems could track there linaege back to a JJJ system (Koryo or Gendai), while DJJ (GeJJ) started as a mix between Karate, Judo and Aikido.

Even that nowadays they look almost the same when fighting.

Edit: repair of some typos
    Last edited by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs; 10/16/2008 3:40am at .

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 4:51am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan
    Those passport excist here for every MA, they are Federation passports and are the real certificate.

I personnally have got enough from the politics in the european JJJ scene, the hostility excist even between clubs that practise the same style and are of the same federation.
    1. Budo Pass. Yes, every federation should sponsor them as it records the individual student's History. I have one and every time I've been Abroad (OK, I forgot it in Denmark last year but I'll get it stamped soon) the event has been recorded in it.

2. Politics. Notice how I referred to it and then skipped away? It's incredible how the very senior Dan Grades bicker and argue despite them knowing each other since Kyu grade. I know a very senior Brit wanted to bang the heads together of 2 very senior Belgians. It's not as though they ever really fell out with each other.....

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 7:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow i forgot all about my budopass.
    the thingies like tournament results go in there.
    i wonder where mine is.

the tournements are fucking ridiculous in jjj.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recently moved and in unpacking I found by BJJ Bund pass from when I started training BJJ under Hasselien in Neuried. I can't find my DJJ pass which sucks because I had alot of stuff in there from Kali seminars to tournaments, especially one against the Polezei. The first tournaments I attended were like Karate + Judo. When you hit the ground it was like Judo. Pple turtled alot and mainly chokes and armbars where used. Later ones started looking more like BJJ and more leglocks were allowed.

Then there was the No gi Sport JJ which was MMA but with headgear, gloves, adn shinpads. There were few takers on that.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast