233549 Bullies, 3367 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 9:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    im still having minor problems with my back myself.

fucking old age i guess.

im sure my new 19 yr old g/f has something to do with it aswell.
    Yeah chasing those rape victims can give you back problems every now and then...
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 10:22pm

Style: Hiatus: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm having a bit of trouble figuring this out. From what I can gather you basically were taught Kyokushin, Judo, and Freestyle wrestling for 13 years and your main complaint is that your teacher wasn't teaching German Jiu Jitsu as advertised? Your upset that the pieces of paper he gave you no longer have meaning as far as GeJJ is considered? What's there exactly to complain about?

Not like over the course of 13 years you were sweating out little pieces of paper that combine into one glorious certificate. **** it man. You know what you know and that's all there is to it. No one can take that way from you. I can't fly out to Germany and smear your face across the canvas and suddenly those 13 years don't matter. There's only two issues I can think of: Is what I know effective? and How am I going to teach it without credentials? The first ones easy, the second one take your friends advice. Spend some Mat time learning MMA and if your set on teaching then get a certificate from them and teach to your hearts content.

Boo fucking hoo some douchebag lied to me. Welcome to Life. You flick the mother fucker off and then move on with your life.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 10:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think his point is, if he wanted to teach, he's screwed. He can't get insurance because he doesn't have papers proving his lineage, since his instructor got boned.

Or something like that, I guess.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 10:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the thing is, in Germany and I think in Belgium too, you are not allowed to teach or run a school if you don't have the "paper". I have 10 years of MA but I never gave a **** about belts and certificates. I am not allowed to give a class for more than 4 people. So this actually sucks balls for him.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 5:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    Well the thing is, in Germany and I think in Belgium too, you are not allowed to teach or run a school if you don't have the "paper". I have 10 years of MA but I never gave a **** about belts and certificates. I am not allowed to give a class for more than 4 people. So this actually sucks balls for him.
    This is also the case in Holland.
    Technically it is allowed here to teach any MA without certification, as it is not a 'protected'profession, being a MA-instructor.
    But a lot of people here look at which federation the school is under.
    Over here we have the JBN, which stands for the Judo federation Netherlands.
    They are under the olympic national organisation and it also includes jiujitsu and aikido.
    They are the mainstream organisation everybody nows.

When you're a member (i still am) you get a personal card that gives you discount up to 15% on sporting equipment not necesarrily ma equipment, which is pretty cool.

We have some spin off/rogue federations but they are really small in numbers and affiliated schools compared to the main body which is the jbn.

The judo level standards for teachers are pretty good, ive attended 4th dan exams and they're pretty tough.

The (traditional)jiujitsu level im not too impressed with, and im having a never ending discussion about that with a friend of mine who's actually in the national technical committee of that federation.

As for the GeJJ i once trained with a guy from i believe it was Frankfurt, and there are minor differences at most between dutch and german style JJ.
    We were both brown belts at the time working on our bb exams.

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 5:47am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the whole EU you can't hire local authority halls and facilities unless you are part of a recognised organisation, this is rarely enforced though as it's a minefield of **** like most of the rest of EU legislation. This was attempted in the council I work for when they stopped the lease for WTF clubs as some half-wit thought ITF were the recognised organisation. They got their balls booted before it even got to court for misinterpreting the act.

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 5:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GeJJ - what does this actually mean? Is it just your shorthand? Do you mean the DJJB (loosely translated into English as the German Ju Jitsu Association, which is led by Sensei Dieter Losgen). Or is there no affiliation?

In Belgium, to whom who is your "teacher" affiliated? Gino LoGiocco, Eric Schoot, Steven van Hauwermeirin, Leslie Otteoy - do these names ring any bells with you?

I've been on the mat with all of them. Allowing for some international JJ politicking (which I won't go into here) you could always contact them and check your standing etc against their syllabuses and transfer to them.

Hope it helps.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 6:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    GeJJ - what does this actually mean? Is it just your shorthand? Do you mean the DJJB (loosely translated into English as the German Ju Jitsu Association, which is led by Sensei Dieter Losgen). Or is there no affiliation? .
    Teacher X always said that we were affiliated with the Deutscher Ju-Jutsu Verband (DJJV)
    led by President Herbert Frese. The style is called Ju-Jutsu ( in Germany the term Ju-Jutsu is used solly for the German developped Ju-Jutsu, other styles were called Jiu-Jitsu ) or in Dutch the "Duitse stijl Ju Jutsu"

In Belgium, to whom who is your "teacher" affiliated? Gino LoGiocco, Eric Schoot, Steven van Hauwermeirin, Leslie Otteoy - do these names ring any bells with you?
    Teacher X said that he was affiliated to a German teacher, since his club was the first here in Belgium. The policy was that the clubs would expand by using Belgian teachers and not by bringing in Germans.

The names don't ring a bell, googled them and they appear to be practisiners of JJJ.

I've been on the mat with all of them. Allowing for some international JJ politicking (which I won't go into here) you could always contact them and check your standing etc against their syllabuses and transfer to them.
    That was the problem that existed, JJJ federations didn't acknoledge GeJJ (DJJ) because it was a mix of Karate & Judo and the DJJV didn't acknoledge the JJJ schools.
    And since I now don't have either a background in DJJ or JJJ, you can be sure that no club will do a check against there syllabus, so my choice is to start again from scratch with a JJJ club, but I started BJJ & Judo this year and will be looking for a Kyokushin Karate club near the end of 2009. I think that I'll stay now with the three separate arts.

GeJJ is my own shorthand of the English translation of DJJ (Deutsche Ju Jutsu) because GJJ is Gracie Jiu Jitsu.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks for the help.

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 7:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, thanks for that. Interesting point re the claim that the German teacher was the first in Belgium. Hmm. Well, Gino LoGiocco 8th Dan retired a couple of years ago and handed over to Jacques Pietquin, who I remember being raised to 6th Dan in Gillingham and whom I saw last November in an international meet in Denmark as 7th Dan.

Like The Beach Boys, "I get around".

IIRC, Pietquin took over Club Kabuki in Charleroi. Then again, I attended the final Interational meet in Aalst hosted by Gino LoGiocco. It drew in many BJJ-ers and Kickboxers and the competitions held in the afternoon (seminar was in the morning) was, er, somewhat brutal.

I was again in Aalst last year for another seminar, which included Groundfighting under BJJ rules. So, things aren't set in stone...

Sorry to digress. I'll have a cast around and try to find some URL links you can explore.

Cheers

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 8:29am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sad to say, the links seem to be broken so...this may or may not be helpful:

http://www.djjb.de/ under Sensei Dieter Losgen.

These Belgium Senseis may be more identifiable from where you are:

Senseis Eric Schoot, 6th Dan, Club Sensei Wichelen;
    Sensei Steven van Hauwermeiren, 5th Dan, Club Sensei Erpe;
    Sensei Hassan Emankaf, 5th Dan Club Sensei Anderlecht;
    Sensei Stefan Seyaert, 1st Dan, Club Sensei Diksmuide;

I did have links to Musashiryu and also Yukio Tani - which were the names I remember but I can't find them now.

Apologies if this is of no use to you.

Minor point, although drawn from Japanese origin (via Britain I think especially Yukio Tani) they are essentially modern deriviatives and not "authentic" Japanese (as I've learned from Bullshido).

Good Luck.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast