Style
    bjj, MT, boxing, poverty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

noob thread: about me, questions, how do i get rep-- don't ban me plz

ok so I have been reading these forums for a while now, much to my entertainment, and I decided to start posting the other day... then I read the forum rules, and the mad cow quarantine, which is mostly filled with spammers, and I realized that I may in fact get banned for something I am totally unaware of doing wrong. I have read the rules, and its unclear how many noobs like myself get banned for unwittingly trying to contribute to a discussion but alas, get banned for some reason or another. Anyway here I have proof that I can post a thread: I read this by "PizDoff":

Hi there friends, happy friends and future friends.

Please feel inclined to avail yourself to the New Thread button located in the top-left area of the Newbietown forum. With the new page presented, display your savvy with a relevant witty thread title.

In the body, tell us a bit about yourself. Location, what you want from martial arts, what you want from this forum. Ask any questions here, we'll try to answer them as best we can. See you on the boards!

Ok so all that angst is out of the way here is a bit about me= I live in the L.A. area, and I want to compete in mixed martial arts competitions, and my interest in MMA leads me to such labyrinthine forums as bullshido. By the way I love bullshido despite its ability to be completely perplexing. So this is what I wanna know:

MY QUESTIONS
    Who here lives in los angeles, and reps a good gym? I trained out of 10th planet for a while at Legends in Hollywood, but it was getting expensive, and I think I need something a bit more basic. I was thinking about going to XTC in eagle rock, but the ads with the busty blonde on it makes it seem kinda... gimmicky. idk

If I can't view a particular forum is that because I was banned from it? I wrote in a thread about Gong Sau: R.O.E., and was relating a story that pertained to internet calling-out stupidity, and I got a response notice in my e-mail, but Bullshido won't let me view it.

For those of you who are comfortable with this forum: When do I get to start responding to threads and contributing, outside of noobtown or whatever?

Last question: what the heck are "stickies"

Thanks! I love this site please don't ban me =)

BJJbot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So alienmuaythai, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alienmuaythai
    If I can't view a particular forum is that because I was banned from it? I wrote in a thread about Gong Sau: R.O.E., and was relating a story that pertained to internet calling-out stupidity, and I got a response notice in my e-mail, but Bullshido won't let me view it.
    It has probably been moved to the Mod Forums, unviewable by those who aren't staff or supporting members ( i am led to believe). Or something similar to this.

For those of you who are comfortable with this forum: When do I get to start responding to threads and contributing, outside of noobtown or whatever?
    You can do this whenever you like. But nobody is very nice outside of here. Make sure you posts are well contructed, thought out and actually contribute. Or funny. That works to.

Last question: what the heck are "stickies"
    Threads in each forum that are 'stickied' to the top of the forum page. They read like 'alienmuaythai: READ ME: thread title" or something like that. Mostly FAQ's or info about the forums or good articles. They are normally important and should be read. And no, they're not just for you- everyone sees them with their own username plastered all over them.

I couldn't help with the first one, however. Sorry. I suggest you get to know you 'user control panel' and 'new posts' buttons quite well. Any onther questions? I'm in quite a charitable mood today.
    Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??.........................​My work here is done.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    welcome

Style
    BJJ, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the question in the title: Rep is awarded by users with sufficient post counts and rep (I think, I'm not a mod), for making posts that they approve of, usually due to the being a good contribution to the thread. Conversely, negative rep is given for what the person giving the rep considers to be a bad contribution to the thread or just mind-numbingly stupid. So, make the best posts you can, and you'll propably get some varrots eventually. From your OP, I'd wager that the rep you get is going to be positive.

Style
    No longer training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sybs, why don't you adopt the OP and help him negotiate the open seas of BS? :)

OP, welcome to BS. 'Stickies' are just awesome threads that are a 'must-read' pertaining to that particular sub-forum.

Style
    bjj, MT, boxing, poverty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sweet. thanks guys very helpful.