Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 12:16pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm reviving an old topic here, but not all SK military used TKD.
    There is a heavy Judo presense in the SK military, at least back in Vietnam.

My judo coach was part of the ANGLICO corps, attached to the ROKMC blue dragon brigade.
    I used to buy MA gear off of a guy called Master Kang, who was sent to Vietnam as a captain or a major, I forget, to teach US, ARVN, and ROK personnell Judo. He used to teach Judo as well as TKD.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 5:57am

Style: Brazilian Jiu - Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    krav maga is useless and the worst mc dojism i ever saw. admit it, can you be faster then a bullet? no you cant. so krav maga is useless. only works with fake guns or even , and i saw it personally, shoes. yes, most krav maga masters use shoes or other foot related things.
    since its a jewish martial art, its a completly mc dojo. money for nothing.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 6:03am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomKnight View Post
    ...since its a jewish martial art, its a completly mc dojo. money for nothing.
    I´ve got 4 letters for you, DoomKnight: STFU.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2013 11:58am

Style: Escrima, JKD, Iaido, LINE

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by :-)-: View Post
    And btw, there are very few 'useless' martial arts. It's your training methods that suck.

Good TKD? Korean military, Muksodo. Any of those guys will rip you a new asshole in seconds.

You can't base a martial art's effectiveness on something as narrow-minded as NHB application or what you've seen or heard of it. To give you an honest opinion, most Americans who practice traditional martial arts suck. Simple as that. They are ****. But you can't base a martial art's effectiveness on its dumbass practitioners.

That's just your sorry-ass, complacent attempt to make yourself feel better about what style you're taking. Either contribute something productive or shut the **** up before you make an ass of yourself again.

Yep that about sums up how I feel, you just saved me writing it.

Posted On:
    7/06/2013 1:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TSD/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say there are no bad martial arts at all.It strictly depends on the instructor though;how willing is he to let you indulge in many drills and sparring,stalling your progress in order to milk some more money from you etc.

I do cast a suspicious eye on Krav Maga and Systema though;the overly scripted nature of theirs and (even worse) the dillusion they pass to the student he can overcome weapons and a number of attackers has me quite sceptical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 3:57pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nööb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Decay View Post
    I'd say there are no bad martial arts at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2014 9:48am

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've just spent the afternoon reading the entirety of this thread. Feel a bit sad for it to be honest. Specially in the fact that I don't feel I can add anything to this thread, though think I'll give it a go anyway cause, I'll be damned if I've read this whole thread for nothing.

I've noticed the whole "There is no bad martial art" argument being used which is silly but interesting. See, I do concede to the fact that you can make any martial art work. However there's a massive asterisk on the end of that. See, a good martial artist could make a bad martial art work purely on his own skill, ability, physical fitness ect (Though an artist like this could probably make just about any art work for him) also, you could make any art work but I imagine in order to make the art work you'd probably have to butcher the original style to the point that it's no longer recognisable.

Nothing ground breaking, probably beaten a dead horse and necrod an old thread but hey. Hoping to justify reading this whole thread beginning to end.

I noticed a good bit of hate for TKD. Which always perplexed me (not difficult) though maybe it's cause it's a fairly popular martial art, easy to make money off by people not knowing what they are doing suckering in people who don't know what to look for.

Honestly I was part of a Mcdojo TKD school least the head of it was. The fellow who actually did the bulk of the training, did a great amount of full contact sparring and didn't have much time for the pumsee (though when the head of the gym trained it went back to the old Mc Dojo, padded semi contact stuff) I honestly thought that TKD with a bit of boxing thrown in would make a good base for a Kickboxing style. Still use some of the techniques now.

Though I did remember a fellow coming in as like a special guest teacher type thing. Telling us to speed up the kicks and not worry about the power cause its not that important when it comes to points. We had our eye brows up at that point and people including myself started to leave the gym as it went closer and closer towards that line of thinking. Oh and they had a 12 year old taking one of the classes.

Still I think if the style didn't have such an abundance of terrible mcdojans, it would possible be respected as much as Kyukushin. Possibly...

So yeah, probably not said anything that hasn't been said before but maybe my afternoon wasn't completely wasted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2014 6:00pm

Style: Shoo Sheetzoo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to necro, but I feel this thread is made somewhat obsolete in modern times, due to the generous contributions Mr. Thomas Daw has made to the field of martial arts mediocrity. Without further ado, I'd like to nominate Orange Dragon Karate, UK Karate, Daw Ryu and whatever other nonsense styles he's come up with as the most useless martial arts (and I use the term extremely liberally) out there. Say what you will about Yellow Bamboo, at least it's got more than one guy practicing it!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2014 1:29pm

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadzu View Post
    Sorry to necro, but I feel this thread is made somewhat obsolete in modern times, due to the generous contributions Mr. Thomas Daw has made to the field of martial arts mediocrity. Without further ado, I'd like to nominate Orange Dragon Karate, UK Karate, Daw Ryu and whatever other nonsense styles he's come up with as the most useless martial arts (and I use the term extremely liberally) out there. Say what you will about Yellow Bamboo, at least it's got more than one guy practicing it!
    Think this post wins the thread...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2014 8:45pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadzu View Post
    Can someone more knowledgeable with the site's workings than self please start up a poll? It'd be good to see if Daw wins and certainly good for another YouTube tirade from mom's basement.

Other nominations could be Yellow Bamboo and .....

Oh hell, just make it between Daw's flailing and the Yellow Bamboo power chi chit.