Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 7:12am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by :-)-: View Post
    And btw, there are very few 'useless' martial arts. It's your training methods that suck.

Good TKD? Korean military, Muksodo. Any of those guys will rip you a new asshole in seconds.

You can't base a martial art's effectiveness on something as narrow-minded as NHB application or what you've seen or heard of it. To give you an honest opinion, most Americans who practice traditional martial arts suck. Simple as that. They are ****. But you can't base a martial art's effectiveness on its dumbass practitioners.

That's just your sorry-ass, complacent attempt to make yourself feel better about what style you're taking. Either contribute something productive or shut the **** up before you make an ass of yourself again.
    1) Man, what's your glitch? It seems like you have a superiority complex.

2) Look at what this guy is writing. Jesus! Even if what you're saying here is true, who says what is taught as MMA/No-gi or any full contact art (i.e. MT or Judo) isn't effective? YOU and who else? I don't have an A in Math, but the odds that you're the one who is right and that any and all of us here are wrong aren't exactly in your favor.

3) Good TKD? Look pal, nobody's denying that it isn't in South Korean army's training, (here it comes) BUT! if a war breaks out between N. & S. Korea, and I see South Korean troops giving up their guns, jets and tanks, only to defeat North Korean nukes in a blaze of Kung Fu/TKD glory, then it's effectiveness will truly be proven. But wait a sec, how likely is that? Honestly?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 8:10pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoist View Post
    1) Man, what's your glitch? It seems like you have a superiority complex.
    I don't think you're going to get a response. The post you are responding to was made almost 8 years ago, and the person who made it hasn't posted in almost that much time. Also, the last post he made was to create a thread titled I'm Gone announcing that he is leaving the site.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 9:59pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoist View Post
    3) Good TKD? Look pal, nobody's denying that it isn't in South Korean army's training, (here it comes) BUT! if a war breaks out between N. & S. Korea, and I see South Korean troops giving up their guns, jets and tanks, only to defeat North Korean nukes in a blaze of Kung Fu/TKD glory, then it's effectiveness will truly be proven. But wait a sec, how likely is that? Honestly?
    I'll argue that point mostly because I'm something of a dick.

Apparently during the Vietnam war an ROKMC fire base was attacked by NVA commandos at night.

Rather than ordering the usual (firing positions, sirens, floodlights,) the officer in charge simply announced the arrival of the NVA commandos and ordered his men not to fire their rifles over the loudspeakers, then shut off all the power at the fire base.

Over the next several hours, the NVA commandos were stalked and stomped to death, one by one. I think the last handful surrendered as dawn was breaking.

So this makes more sense - small unit tactics for raids usually entail a team of 18-20 men breaching the perimeter and scattering as widely as possible, one man to a firing position. Once they're inside the lines, the intended targets usually **** their pants and start firing wildly into the night. As they're doing this, they're picked off one by one by the raiding party.

The Korean response was kind of a ****-job to that strategy. Don't illuminate yourself by firing your weapon, and use your intimate knowledge of the terrain to hunt down and manually kill the raiders.

The NVA commandoes couldn't fire, because they didn't have the concealment afforded by self-illuminating, panicking targets. They were alone in their chosen positions and a gunshot from one of them would have given them away.

Granted, it could have been any martial art used, and it WAS taught much differently than the McKwoon **** we see in the US. However - what it didn't do was fail because it's ineffective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2010 12:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Capoeira Angola

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Tower View Post
    Tae Kwon Do or Capoeira
    Too dependent on Kicks.
    Some practitioners are good but for any self-defence or serious fight that is not in a dojo, kicks are not something I would want to rely on
    Lots b.s. about Capoeira on No BS Martial Arts. People who don't know a balão from a rasteira from a cabeçada talking crap. While it is true most capoeiristas in the U.S. don't train to engage in sport or street fighting, Capoeira has a long history of being a problem for authorities in Brasil in terms of fighting and killing.

Capoeira as practiced by most people is a (mostly) non-violent game, with beautiful moves. The fight of Capoeira is something entirely different. My mestre's mestre spoke of Capoeira as being "everything the mouth eats." Its not solely about the physical movement but the mental ablility to neutralize or execute an attack.

I agree with the post that mentions that in L.A., people attack in packs. I have seen more than a few men get stomped into the concrete and kicked around like dolls after being rat-packed by gangbangers. If you train BJJ (or any other grappling art) correctly, you will not grab one guy and try to submit him with a triangle choke while the other five to ten attackers continue to break your ribs, kick you in the head and stab you in the back. If you train Capoeira, you will not be trying some aerial 360 kick or fancy cartwheel to attack so you can knocked to the ground and get knocked the eff out.

The most useless martial art is one that leaves you unable to defend yourself after ten years of training. That includes Capoeira, TKD, BJJ, wrestling, boxing and anything else taught and trained incorrectly. No b.s..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2010 1:59am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spidy View Post
    Lots b.s. about Capoeira on No BS Martial Arts. People who don't know a balão from a rasteira from a cabeçada talking crap. While it is true most capoeiristas in the U.S. don't train to engage in sport or street fighting, Capoeira has a long history of being a problem for authorities in Brasil in terms of fighting and killing.

Capoeira as practiced by most people is a (mostly) non-violent game, with beautiful moves. The fight of Capoeira is something entirely different. My mestre's mestre spoke of Capoeira as being "everything the mouth eats." Its not solely about the physical movement but the mental ablility to neutralize or execute an attack.

I agree with the post that mentions that in L.A., people attack in packs. I have seen more than a few men get stomped into the concrete and kicked around like dolls after being rat-packed by gangbangers. If you train BJJ (or any other grappling art) correctly, you will not grab one guy and try to submit him with a triangle choke while the other five to ten attackers continue to break your ribs, kick you in the head and stab you in the back. If you train Capoeira, you will not be trying some aerial 360 kick or fancy cartwheel to attack so you can knocked to the ground and get knocked the eff out.

The most useless martial art is one that leaves you unable to defend yourself after ten years of training. That includes Capoeira, TKD, BJJ, wrestling, boxing and anything else taught and trained incorrectly. No b.s..
    if you are fighting with 5 or 10 guys and if they are keen on fckn you up even a gun may not work.
    The example you gave doesn't mean ****.

Also can you please give a good example of "fight of capoeira"

I m not saying some guy who trains mma and makes some moves work in an mma match or something.
    I want to see some effective fighting of capoeira with no bs involved.

Posted On:
    6/27/2010 2:19am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    if you are fighting with 5 or 10 guys and if they are keen on fckn you up even a gun may not work.
    The example you gave doesn't mean ****.

Also can you please give a good example of "fight of capoeira"

I m not saying some guy who trains mma and makes some moves work in an mma match or something.
    I want to see some effective fighting of capoeira with no bs involved.
    here is some hard Capoeira.
    If you want to see Capoeira in a mma match without the person looking like a mma fighter well that is just silly

YouTube- capoeira, batizado em brasilia

Posted On:
    6/27/2010 2:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    If you want to see Capoeira in a mma match without the person looking like a mma fighter well that is just silly

What the **** was that supposed to prove? All I saw was, if you play capoeira against a grappler you're going down hard.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    6/27/2010 2:44am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Man, what is that, the capoeira club of the local bodybuilding gym or something? :-)

But, you see, spidy:
    you are here for 4 years and could already know that posting a video, like greg did, is more of a benefit to your argument and capoeira than a block of text.

Ideally, it would be a video of you practising capoeira as a fighting method with your training buddies, IMO.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2010 3:17am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

well thanks for showing me a video that proves capoeira sucks against grapplers and an mma fighter can kick a capoeira guys ass so hard.

Every winning technique in the video was grappling ones. And some ground and pound.

Now you can say "hey they are all parts of capoeira" but, come on, its like doing muay thai but calling it "brazilian thai"

Oh this video also proves another thing. If you pick a capoeira guy up he starts to swing his arms and legs same way that my turtle does when i pick him up holding from his shell.

And about the mma example part you misunderstood. I said i want some clean example like maybe machida using karate, instead of some guy like Anderson silva using aikido in an mma fight just because he s so good at anything he does.

Posted On:
    6/27/2010 3:46am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    or I can just say that capoeira has grappling that looks the same as BJJ because it is from the same area.
    Chances are half of them are BJJs anyway and if they want to do take downs when they have something to prove more power to them.

Or even better I wasnt trying to prove anything and just dhow some contact capoeira as requested.