Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 3:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkster
    I have not reviewed every post here so foorgive me if I over reach. Most people that have been training for many years will tell you unequically that it is NOT the Martial Art but the Martial artist. So to say one martial art is better than another is to indicate one's limited knowledge or exposure on the subject.
    I couldnt agree more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 11:00am

Style: TKD, Wrestling (retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daggy
    I couldnt agree more.
    So a talented driver will get the same performance out of a new Porshe 911 as out of a 25 year old mini-van?

Because that's where you are headed with this line of thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 10:32am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank god someone finally pulled out a car analogy. This was getting convoluted!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 12:57pm

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Lancaster PA the people still use horse drawn carriages. I totally respect their commitment to their tradition but I do not think anyone can claim they can get goods from point A to point B as quickly as someone with trucks.

If that were a "fight" the trucking company would win easily.

Some Aikido guy going against an equally skilled MMA fighter that trains alive and is well conditioned would get his head knocked off...Fact.

All due respect to the Aikido guy that is skilled yet stuck in tradition of course.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 5:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by toxin
    3)i said that boxers DO punch very well however i feel the weakness of there art leaves them open (leg attacks,ground game,weapons **** like that)

why is it so hard for everyone to get that i don't like it COZ of the weakness of the art but you know what im sick of this
    I used to have that perspective on boxing. Till I realized that those really aren't weaknesses for boxing. Boxing doesn't claim to be an all encompassing martial art - it focuses on a specific range of fighting and takes it to the extreme, in terms of training and pressure testing it.

Within that scope, boxing would be the best system. Having that scope and limiting what is offered in boxing isn't a weakness, actually it can be seen as a strength. There's a reason why most MMA gyms have boxing, muay thai, some form of grappling, strength and conditioning classes, etc. - because most martial arts systems that try to include them all end up not doing any of it right, either in inherent properties/techniques or in training.

So if your only gripe about boxing is that it doesn't cover other ranges of fighting, might want to revisit your perspective a little bit since it's evaluating boxing in the context of other, more ambitious (yet epic failzor) martial arts systems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2008 8:24am

Style: brazillian jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    I used to have that perspective on boxing. Till I realized that those really aren't weaknesses for boxing. Boxing doesn't claim to be an all encompassing martial art - it focuses on a specific range of fighting and takes it to the extreme, in terms of training and pressure testing it.

Within that scope, boxing would be the best system. Having that scope and limiting what is offered in boxing isn't a weakness, actually it can be seen as a strength. There's a reason why most MMA gyms have boxing, muay thai, some form of grappling, strength and conditioning classes, etc. - because most martial arts systems that try to include them all end up not doing any of it right, either in inherent properties/techniques or in training.

So if your only gripe about boxing is that it doesn't cover other ranges of fighting, might want to revisit your perspective a little bit since it's evaluating boxing in the context of other, more ambitious (yet epic failzor) martial arts systems.
    BJJ is actually the exact same way. Within the limits of what it was designed to do, it's kick ass. Go beyond those limits and it weakens.

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 4:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Pekiti-Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    since multiple person scenario ang weapon attack very common, i would say Latosa Escrima is the art i wouldn't like to train, also some forms of Kali Silat, some Escrima's and Penchak Silat styles are total crap ... in fencing arts - kendo sucks (wrong prioritees), and Aikido is all bullshit - nothing to do with reality, adrenaline rush ot weapon threads ...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2008 6:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i bet over half the people here have never put there skill to a test..i bet the guy knocking kartate and tkd never even took it..its hard to claim anything until u at least get in a ring against anthor MA of the same skill level ..going out and beating up a 10 yr old blackbelt aint saying nothing..sure some are bad but ive seen bad in mma ,mt and all...ive seen MT guys get beat in kickboxing and ive seen tkd get beat in kickboxing....theres good fighters in all of them..trust i know ive been to a few ...........

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2008 9:11pm

Style: Confused variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive met really great and nasty fighters whose only style is crystal meth. Surely its the person that determines effectiveness?
    MMA and full contact fighting may well be the best way to train a normal fit and healthy person, but full contact is not going to help a sick or elderly person learn to defend themselves?
    Different people have different needs? Different situations and environments have different needs?
    What really is a problem is when false claims are made?

Posted On:
    7/13/2008 8:49am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerp
    i bet over half the people here have never put there skill to a test..i bet the guy knocking kartate and tkd never even took it..its hard to claim anything until u at least get in a ring against anthor MA of the same skill level ..going out and beating up a 10 yr old blackbelt aint saying nothing..sure some are bad but ive seen bad in mma ,mt and all...ive seen MT guys get beat in kickboxing and ive seen tkd get beat in kickboxing....theres good fighters in all of them..trust i know ive been to a few ...........
    What an incredible original and in no way fucking retarded, cliched, badly written post. [/sarcasm]