Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 4:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by toxin
    what ever the reason i didn't say Aikido is coz in all honesty i don't know much bout it

and im not classing it as the bottom of all training just that i personlly don't like it at all

but whatever like i give a flying **** what you dickheads think

i should point out i based my answer on the syles i have tried personlly (which is why i never sai Tai Chi or Aikido or Ninpo or any of that **** coz i have not tried it so how can i have a oppion on it?)
    I just wanted you to know that a blue belt in aikido is supposedly be able to defeat a black belt in Karate. I don't know if its true I'm just saying, that if thats true then I don't see whats wrong with Aikido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 6:34am

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daggy
    I just wanted you to know that a blue belt in aikido is supposedly be able to defeat a black belt in Karate. I don't know if its true I'm just saying, that if thats true then I don't see whats wrong with Aikido.
    Who told you that? The Aikido guy?

Wouldn't that depend on the two individuals and their training? Size? Weight? Skill level? Age?

Can you get more specific than "Karate"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 6:59am

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOXMAN
    Who told you that? The Aikido guy?

Wouldn't that depend on the two individuals and their training? Size? Weight? Skill level? Age?

Eh, maybe if it was a guy who trains/trained with Hellis, against a dillman practicioner then that's quite believable. On the other hand, some Akikai guy against a kyokushin dude then no.

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 8:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOXMAN
    That's the trouble with the term. It's about as specific as "boxing". What kind of "boxing"? Thai? Western? Chinese? Likewise, Karate comes out of so many contexts that it could mean anything from Shotokan to Kyokushin. It could be Okinawan, Japanese, Korean...I even recall something from a few decades back called a name like "American-Eclectic".

Some Karate styles are all-striking; others, like Kyokushin-derived Enshin, have throws as a regular part of what they do. Some are all about fighting; others, um, philosophize a lot. Even the title (if you go by the "empty-hand" version) isn't 100% correct, as there are schools which do bo and sai, for those interested in blunt- or edged-weapon training. Just call it "pummeling, done more realistically by some than by others."

Anyone who says they "do Karate" has told you precisely nothing.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 11:36am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand
    ...Anyone who says they "do Karate" has told you precisely nothing.
    '
    Exactly. Couldn't agree more. Really.

And what about KARATE in your stylefield? ;-)

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 12:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    '
    Exactly. Couldn't agree more. Really.

And what about KARATE in your stylefield? ;-)
    Precisely.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 1:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daggy
    No martial art is useless. Its just the way you train. Half of the people that think a martial art that sucks is probably because they tried it and couldn't handle the mental and physical training of the skill. Plus if you know a martial art your probably gonna kick some dudes ass that doesn't no any. so :pottytrai :knob:
    I'm calling troll on this tard. Look at his style field. He can't even spell his own martial art correctly.

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 12:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kaikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not reviewed every post here so foorgive me if I over reach. Most people that have been training for many years will tell you unequically that it is NOT the Martial Art but the Martial artist. So to say one martial art is better than another is to indicate one's limited knowledge or exposure on the subject.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 1:39am

Style: Transitioning as usual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkster
    Most people that have been training for many years will tell you unequically that it is NOT the Martial Art but the Martial artist. So to say one martial art is better than another is to indicate one's limited knowledge or exposure on the subject.
    Not this **** again...

Firstly, this is a dead horse argument,
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkster
    Most people that have been training for many years will tell you unequically that it is NOT the Martial Art but the Martial artist.
    Bullshit.
    If someone develops a system or martial arts called "Exploding Fist of the North Star", in which any contact with one of their"Godly Fists" will result in your head exploding, or so it is claimed, and yet the average student of this system is incapable of pulling it off, the system itself is flawed.

And again, not one damn sensei/coach/instructor I've had in -any- of my current MA have excused other systems as "just having bad practioners", if anything they speak of the exact opposite, with mediocre or hypocritical systems having some phenomenal practioners with their heart in a very sound place that -forces- their MA to work, with their MA essentially being the force that is failing -them-.

So yes, stop making excuses for this crap. There are such things as faults and imperfections (sometimes in very high ranges), bad teaching=bad students, and therein a fault with the Martial Art itself. Having a minority "doing it right" doesn't excuse the majority "doing it wrong".

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 3:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    I'm calling troll on this tard. Look at his style field. He can't even spell his own martial art correctly.
    O do what you like. you call me a troll so I call you anal flab.