Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 7:06am

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by toxin
    1) i was saying street fighter meaning untrained person
    I've seen quite a few fights but I've never seen one where someone untrained with normal levels of conditioning beats a conditioned trained fighter.

2) and maybe you guys fight some pretty piss poor "untrained" fighters coz i have never seen a haymaker and i have been fighting (self defence) for most of my life.....i think i saw it in grade 3 and that was it
    You're claiming you've seen plenty of fights between untrained drunken opponents but haven't seen a haymaker since childhood? Goes against my personal experience and most video evidence, but if you say so....

3) a street fighter or untrained does not mean they do not know what they are doing in fact they could know a few very nasty tricks they picked up from the net,magazine,game,movie anything have seen if it works (in real life) and started using it,they are more then likey going to use a straight forward attack (body and head)
    What, they attack the body and head and they learn these tricks by fighting lots? Jeez, if only I knew of a popular western martial art taught just about everywhere that showed someone how to do that.

4) what did i say eariler on? i said that boxers tend to be very cocky and don't defend themself's against other attacks (not saying they can't just that they don't and of course there is a execption to the rule)
    What 'other attacks'? Most people can't kick for **** with very few exceptions. Yeah, a good grappler might beat them, but that **** is the case with all striking arts.

5) i have fought someone on roids and i tell you grappling was the only thing that saved my ass and he feelt next to no pain i had to choke him out,as for if he has a STD the way you beat them is by not punching them (or grappling them really) and thats to pull the shirt over there head (covering there mouth) and then go to town on them
    And what would have happened in that situation if the roid head had wrestled for sport?

6)you never seen broken bones in a fight? not even a nose? then why are you having this arguement with me as it sounds as if you are only repeting what you learned in the dojo and have never had many if any real fights
    Can you read? I just wrote about a paragraph about a certain friend of mine who was famous for breaking peoples bones in fights. He did it all using punches, not locks.

and im guessing Kultist you have not seen mant fights that don't happen in a cage boxing while good if paired with something else but is pretty weak by itself and i would not want to put my life in the hands of "ok three guys now i bob my head and punch"
    I take it you missed the video of the turkish boxer against about 7 people?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 9:07am

Style: San shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Monkey
    what do you know about my character? I just think you're dumb, that's a character trait that only recently developed.
    why are you so immature?

Featherweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 8:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Monkey
    he probably meant these ones that are supposed to have the same protection for your training partner as 16oz:
    http://www.combatsports.com/IMAGES/TG4_detail.JPG

and shotokan karate >> jokerp

YES THANK U thats the ones i use..very good.for grappling also.. and im sorry for the karate thing the karate guy posted about tkd and i thought i would throw him a bone..i respect karate also...

Featherweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 9:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for me i think the hands are the most important thing..u have to learn to keep them up keep your jaw tucked ..with good hands the low kicks come in also the side kick..most a street fights ive seen usually have one guy just throwing rights and lefts has fast has he can..not bringing his hands back to his face..u have to learn to see this to defend it..thats the way i practice..i get somebody to start slow just throwing rights and left..then i react and go from there...then we speed it up...a good front kick from any art will slow down a puncher ..

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 9:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ,prowrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kultist
    I've seen quite a few fights but I've never seen one where someone untrained with normal levels of conditioning beats a conditioned trained fighter.

You're claiming you've seen plenty of fights between untrained drunken opponents but haven't seen a haymaker since childhood? Goes against my personal experience and most video evidence, but if you say so....

What, they attack the body and head and they learn these tricks by fighting lots? Jeez, if only I knew of a popular western martial art taught just about everywhere that showed someone how to do that.

What 'other attacks'? Most people can't kick for **** with very few exceptions. Yeah, a good grappler might beat them, but that **** is the case with all striking arts.

And what would have happened in that situation if the roid head had wrestled for sport?

Can you read? I just wrote about a paragraph about a certain friend of mine who was famous for breaking peoples bones in fights. He did it all using punches, not locks.

I take it you missed the video of the turkish boxer against about 7 people?

OMG people on here are fucken moron's

have you thought that there is some very shitty boxers out there? or some very good untrained fighters?

and i said go watch a pub fight as you are talking as if a punch to the head is all it takes BULLSHIT i have seen people eat punches like cookies and still keep coming

and as for telling boxers that they can't fight why would i do that? can you read? i said that BY ITS SELF i would not like to count on it for **** sake read the OP it says "if it came down to it which style would you of not wanted to waste 10 years of you life learning" i said boxing as by it self ITS WEAK

you know what if i get banned for saying what i think then this site can go **** itself and **** all of you

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 10:14pm

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ban please

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 10:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and as for telling boxers that they can't fight why would i do that? can you read? i said that BY ITS SELF i would not like to count on it for **** sake read the OP it says "if it came down to it which style would you of not wanted to waste 10 years of you life learning" i said boxing as by it self ITS WEAK

you know what if i get banned for saying what i think then this site can go **** itself and **** all of you
    Really? Boxing is the style you least like to have spent 10 years practicing? You'd rather have spent 10 years doing the chun or capoeira?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 1:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ,prowrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no i would rather learn Krav Maga or CQC something like that that covers all aspects not just punching as for Chun i assume your talking about Wing Chun and yeah that would be better then learning boxing i think

and i found it funny how many people are getting upset over my stance on boxing if i had said **** Ninpo,TKD (which i did) or Aikido then no one would of said a thing

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registeredTagger Second ClassRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 5:59am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no i would rather learn Krav Maga or CQC something like that that covers all aspects not just punching as for Chun i assume your talking about Wing Chun and yeah that would be better then learning boxing i think

and i found it funny how many people are getting upset over my stance on boxing if i had said **** Ninpo,TKD (which i did) or Aikido then no one would of said a thing
    Doesn't it ring a bell when a chunner defends boxing?

Because, when you train all aspects of an MA (hands, feet, ground, weapons...) in a SHITTY & COMPLIANT WAY, it's bollocks compared to a boxers seriously trained "hands only".

Got it? Nobody is saying there are no weak boxers.

But even the weak boxers tend to have more experience with ACTUAL PHYSICAL CONTACT than most MA practitioners who claim to train for so called real life situations...

Anyhow, I'm done arguing with you - just do as I suggested: either visit a boxing club and tell them how they can't fight or come to a Throwdown close to you, I'm sure there'll be at least one boxer you could verify your claims on...

Howgh.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 10:56am

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My son is 14 and boxing. He spars now. He gets hit. He hits. If had taken a TMA he'd still be hitting air at this point.

So the worst MA I would want to spend 10 years wasting my time on is any art that DOES NOT train like boxing......whether it's using kicks, grappling or whatever.