C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 7:40am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by toxin
    by itself Boxing is very very weak no leg defence,no ground defence, no weapon training defence or fighting with them,the only thing they show you is how to punch and dodge the same said punches in a controlled envoment...
    Damned, toxin, stop spewing toxic saliva on boxing already, would you! You even insult me, a would-be, one time chinese boxing student.

Controlled environment? Controlled f*cking environment? You mean controlled like "you get hit more often and get to hit more heads than almost any other MA around" kind of controlled?

You just suggested to somebody to go and watch bar fights.

I suggest you visit a decent boxing club and explain the gentlemen in there why you think they can't fight for ****.

Video, please.

Also, if you don't stop the anti-boxing agenda: ban, please.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 7:50am

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of things dont work in a pub especially when there are no weight classes. Lets face it, a 240lb athlete can usually pummel a 175lb equal athlete.

That said, I saw plenty of boxers handle themselves just fine in real situations. Why? They are used to getting hit and they strike hard.

Everyone should take a month or two of Krav Maga to understand the importance of turning on that switch and go from 0-100mph in a second. Fighting is agression and I think most miss that point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 11:02am

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by toxin
    by itself Boxing is very very weak no leg defence,no ground defence, no weapon training defence or fighting with them,the only thing they show you is how to punch and dodge the same said punches in a controlled envoment

the reason why i am saying it does not work on the street is coz i do not bealive any boxer would hold his own against someone WHO IS NOT FIGHTING THE SAME WAY

its not that hard guys if he likes standing up put him on the ground and boxers are like a hooker get them on there back and they are fucked,a boxer is a very one dimensional fighter he will punch you thats all he will do and pop his head like a bobblehead when you go to hit him

and not only that your assuming that they are only drunk what if they are on roids (or PCP,pills,crack,has STD,s) and don't feel half the punches your throwing their way? lets not forget other styles show you to break bones or choke them out boxing you have one chance and one only knock him out which is easier said then done.And if he has STD'S the last thing you would want to do is put some blood on his face (if he doesn't spit his blood at you)

maybe you should go down to your local pub/club/drinking hole and have a look at the brawls there is no street fighter worth his salt would not be throwing haymakers UNLESS he knows for sure that they will hit (which they won't) and lets face it the chance they you will come across a street fighter who knows what he is doing coz he has tested it in real fights not training or sparing but a real fight

with something else boxing is O.K as long as you learn to cover the weakness of the art if not you will be a sitting duck

You're wrong because:

1) Boxers put an enourmous emphasis on conditioning and strength. So in a bar they will have processed their 10 pints much quicker than you and be less drunk than you, and they will be stronger and faster than you. Unless you have a tungsten-titanium alloy jaw, that's all they need because you just have to turn your head the wrong way and a cross snaps your face in half.

2) Handspeed and strength two of the most important components in fight, and boxers have them in oodles. They are the difference between getting hit or hitting back, and between a punch starting a fight or ending it.

3) "Street fighters" probably box. Chavvy parents tend to be boxing fans and stick their little hellspawn in boxing clubs, and at the other end of the spectrum boxing is very popular in the armed forces. When people say they get in a fight with a randomer, they tend to tell you that someone chucked a bottle at them and then punched them in the face. Also, stop using the term street fighter because it makes you look like a tool.

3)b: Street fighters who don't box and are good just by reflexes and watching enter the dragon on loop tend to have poor impulse control, which makes them ****. Case in point: 16 year old rudeboy in secondary school sees PE teacher off campus, decides to take a swing at him. Said PE teacher is built like Omega and everything about him yells "I HAVE AN IMPOSSIBLY SQUARE JAW!". The telegraphed swing doesn't even make contact, because the PE teacher double legs him, drops him on his neck on the grass and then drags him kicking and screaming all the way back to the secondary school where he gives him a two hour afterschool detention for his trouble.

4) "its not that hard guys if he likes standing up put him on the ground"
    So all a boxer needs to do is train to sprawl and he's invincible?

5) "no weapon training defence" Name a common martial art (eg one that you could easily find a very good school of in just about any city) that has weapons defence that isn't entirely counterproductive.

6) "and not only that your assuming that they are only drunk what if they are on roids (or PCP,pills,crack,has STD,s) and don't feel half the punches your throwing their way? lets not forget other styles show you to break bones or choke them out boxing you have one chance and one only knock him out"

The only person I know to ever have broken bones in a fight (several in fact) was a kickboxer, and every single one of those broken bones came from his freakishly strong punches from having freakishly conditioned arms. Also, you hardly want to grapple with someone who has a contagious disease, trust me on this one. Also, if someone is strong enough that they can simply arm curl out of armbars or wrench your arms off their neck because of PCP or anabolic steroids, what use is grappling? The only thing that will surely help you there is a weapon or being able to run really, really fast which boxers do all the time in their training.

7) Have you ever seen a bar fight? I mean, as in you'd recognise one if you saw one? In a shitty bar someone knocks someone over the head with a bottle and then they play Rock 'Em Sock 'Em untill one falls down because they're too pissed for footwork or in a nice bar two white collar idiots go outside, stand 4 feet from each other yelling while tapping their pecs in what they hope is some kind of gang sign and pray that their mates drag them apart before the fight starts.

7)b) OK, maybe I'm wrong about 7), perhaps you've seen some pretty damn skillful (yet entirely untrained) "Street Fighters" in some pretty bad "Barfights" back in your day. Would you mind defining exactly what a streetfighter is, how they fight and if possible, how they get so good with probably no more than an hours training a week tops?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 9:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    STREET FIGHTER IS THE NUMBER 1 OVER USED WORD on this board..we are all street fighters..but our MA gives us a heads up on punches,kicks and other things..i see punches coming at my face all the time...i have a younger brother 21 6'2 around 40 pounds heavyier then me..got all the thug looks and acts..was known has a great fighter in his school days and even today..he called me out last yr at a 4th of july party in front of family and everybody..wanted to fight..we put on headgear and the 16 oz grappling gloves and went at it..i didnt even have to kick or anything..just dodged a few haymakers and finally ended it with a punch to the jaw..a few weeks ago he came over with a few of his buddies they heard i did MA and wanted to spar..the first one went out with a busted nose..1 punch and the other a football player and very big guy was slow and couldnt handle a jab...i love all MA and anything u learn is something u gain ..not just in MA but all of life..

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 9:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Kosho, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerp
    STREET FIGHTER IS THE NUMBER 1 OVER USED WORD on this board..we are all street fighters..but our MA gives us a heads up on punches,kicks and other things..i see punches coming at my face all the time...i have a younger brother 21 6'2 around 40 pounds heavyier then me..got all the thug looks and acts..was known has a great fighter in his school days and even today..he called me out last yr at a 4th of july party in front of family and everybody..wanted to fight..we put on headgear and the 16 oz grappling gloves and went at it..i didnt even have to kick or anything..just dodged a few haymakers and finally ended it with a punch to the jaw..a few weeks ago he came over with a few of his buddies they heard i did MA and wanted to spar..the first one went out with a busted nose..1 punch and the other a football player and very big guy was slow and couldnt handle a jab...i love all MA and anything u learn is something u gain ..not just in MA but all of life..

huh thats funny. didnt think they made 16 ounce grappling gloves

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 9:28pm

Style: San shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ya grappling gloves are usually around 6 oz

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 9:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ,prowrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) i was saying street fighter meaning untrained person

2) and maybe you guys fight some pretty piss poor "untrained" fighters coz i have never seen a haymaker and i have been fighting (self defence) for most of my life.....i think i saw it in grade 3 and that was it

3) a street fighter or untrained does not mean they do not know what they are doing in fact they could know a few very nasty tricks they picked up from the net,magazine,game,movie anything have seen if it works (in real life) and started using it,they are more then likey going to use a straight forward attack (body and head)

4) what did i say eariler on? i said that boxers tend to be very cocky and don't defend themself's against other attacks (not saying they can't just that they don't and of course there is a execption to the rule)

5) i have fought someone on roids and i tell you grappling was the only thing that saved my ass and he feelt next to no pain i had to choke him out,as for if he has a STD the way you beat them is by not punching them (or grappling them really) and thats to pull the shirt over there head (covering there mouth) and then go to town on them

6)you never seen broken bones in a fight? not even a nose? then why are you having this arguement with me as it sounds as if you are only repeting what you learned in the dojo and have never had many if any real fights

7)the bar fights were i live usally start with a jab to the face NOT a haymaker they always end up on the ground and most times it is multi attackers (or at least 2 on 2 etc) and a nice bar the guys would be kicked out before any problems began but hey what do i know its only my job to kick these idiots out

i was getting at untrained fighters have learnt from past fights if they have been in many then haymakers don't work

and im guessing Kultist you have not seen mant fights that don't happen in a cage boxing while good if paired with something else but is pretty weak by itself and i would not want to put my life in the hands of "ok three guys now i bob my head and punch"

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 10:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwatcher
    ya grappling gloves are usually around 6 oz
    he probably meant these ones that are supposed to have the same protection for your training partner as 16oz:
    http://www.combatsports.com/IMAGES/TG4_detail.JPG

and shotokan karate >> jokerp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 10:46pm

Style: San shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Monkey
    he probably meant these ones that are supposed to have the same protection for your training partner as 16oz:
    http://www.combatsports.com/IMAGES/TG4_detail.JPG

and shotokan karate >> jokerp
    that was uncharacteristic.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 6:42am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what do you know about my character? I just think you're dumb, that's a character trait that only recently developed.