Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2008 10:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    get your facts straight then so you don't always look like a fool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2008 6:59pm

Style: San shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    grow up you're so petty

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2008 11:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by toxin
    i have to say TKD that **** just don't work by its self when added to another art MAYBE but by its self it sucks

oh and boxers tend to be very cocky i have found all that head bobbing **** **** that,boxing has some good aspects but most of it does not work in a real fight

WTF,.the head bobbing is great keeps u from getting hit.but u say boxing is not good for a street fight..that may be the dumbest thing ive read here.........u guys give to much creadit to the regular street fighters ...if u cant beat a drunk mans ass with boxing skills u cant woop nobody plain and simple...yes there are some good street fighters but most people suck at it..so there haymaker is better then my 1-2-3 combo..makes no sense
    Last edited by jokerp; 6/21/2008 11:15pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2008 11:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lets all give up our MA..they all suck

1.the little fat kid down the road can catch any
    tkd or karate kick
    2.everybody knows in a real street fight its hard to pull guard on somebody and all they got to do is stick there fingers in your eyes and u want be able to choke or anything
    3.kung fu is for tv
    4.the muay ti front kick will kill u at the same time the same tkd front kick is a joke..
    5.add to the list

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 8:13am

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerp
    lets all give up our MA..they all suck

1.the little fat kid down the road can catch any
    tkd or karate kick
    2.everybody knows in a real street fight its hard to pull guard on somebody and all they got to do is stick there fingers in your eyes and u want be able to choke or anything
    3.kung fu is for tv
    4.the muay ti front kick will kill u at the same time the same tkd front kick is a joke..
    5.add to the list
    You do realise that the standard set up for a cross body armlock from the guard is to wait untill someone reaches too far, say, I dunno, to gouge someones eyes out and then swing your hips straight into the lock?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 12:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Kosho, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im gonna say TKD and ki chuan do

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 11:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist666
    im gonna say TKD and ki chuan do
    I WOULD SAY any form of karate..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 10:25am

Style: San shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I WOULD SAY any form of karate..
    what about kyokushin, koshiki, shinkyokushin, daido juku, and every other full contact karate thats been proven to work. Although to be fair daido juku has a grappling component as well.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 7:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Kosho, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwatcher
    what about kyokushin, koshiki, shinkyokushin, daido juku, and every other full contact karate thats been proven to work. Although to be fair daido juku has a grappling component as well.
    a very slim grappling component. didnt do minoki ichihara much good against royce gracie

wait, im pro karate, why am i arguing against it

and ichihara did last longer than any other of royces opponents up until then. rock on ichihara

my brain hurts now

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 10:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ,prowrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF,.the head bobbing is great keeps u from getting hit.but u say boxing is not good for a street fight..that may be the dumbest thing ive read here.........u guys give to much creadit to the regular street fighters ...if u cant beat a drunk mans ass with boxing skills u cant woop nobody plain and simple...yes there are some good street fighters but most people suck at it..so there haymaker is better then my 1-2-3 combo..makes no sense

by itself Boxing is very very weak no leg defence,no ground defence, no weapon training defence or fighting with them,the only thing they show you is how to punch and dodge the same said punches in a controlled envoment

the reason why i am saying it does not work on the street is coz i do not bealive any boxer would hold his own against someone WHO IS NOT FIGHTING THE SAME WAY

its not that hard guys if he likes standing up put him on the ground and boxers are like a hooker get them on there back and they are fucked,a boxer is a very one dimensional fighter he will punch you thats all he will do and pop his head like a bobblehead when you go to hit him

and not only that your assuming that they are only drunk what if they are on roids (or PCP,pills,crack,has STD,s) and don't feel half the punches your throwing their way? lets not forget other styles show you to break bones or choke them out boxing you have one chance and one only knock him out which is easier said then done.And if he has STD'S the last thing you would want to do is put some blood on his face (if he doesn't spit his blood at you)

maybe you should go down to your local pub/club/drinking hole and have a look at the brawls there is no street fighter worth his salt would not be throwing haymakers UNLESS he knows for sure that they will hit (which they won't) and lets face it the chance they you will come across a street fighter who knows what he is doing coz he has tested it in real fights not training or sparing but a real fight

with something else boxing is O.K as long as you learn to cover the weakness of the art if not you will be a sitting duck