Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 2:36pm

Style: Savate, Combatives(BJJ)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwatcher
    and now I'll prove why you're wrong and I'm right.

our arguements simplified mean this

I say
    san shou = mma - brazillian jiu jitsu ness
    where (brazillian jiu jitsu ness, involves grappling, submissions and gnp)
    And i think its fitting, but imprecise

you say

san shou = kick boxing + throws
    and state it as fact

san shou involves kick counters, and several different techniques not present in kickboxing.

so san shou is not kickboxing + throws
    but more like kickboxing + throws + kickcounters + misc kicks + takedown defense

which makes it more like mma - the ground game

where ground game is what I defined earlier as brazilian jiu jitsu ness

QED

So what your saying is that San Shou would be Mixed Martial Arts if you added Brazilian Jujitsu?(another martial art)..

So two martial arts together make, in theory, mixed martial arts?

Hell man, I could say that about anything.

Aikido = MMA - Indian Leg Wrestling

Or better yet, since San Shou + BJJ = MMA, does that mean Fedor wasted all of those years on Sambo because if he would have followed your training path he would have ended up at the exact same result?

Hell guy, there aint' even a set definition of what MMA looks like, it's not a particular type of martial art..Chuck Liddel is a long way from Cung Le..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 2:42pm

Style: San shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RegularJoe
    So what your saying is that San Shou would be Mixed Martial Arts if you added Brazilian Jujitsu?(another martial art)..

So two martial arts together make, in theory, mixed martial arts?

Hell man, I could say that about anything.

Aikido = MMA - Indian Leg Wrestling

Or better yet, since San Shou + BJJ = MMA, does that mean Fedor wasted all of those years on Sambo because if he would have followed your training path he would have ended up at the exact same result?

Hell guy, there aint' even a set definition of what MMA looks like, it's not a particular type of martial art..Chuck Liddel is a long way from Cung Le..
    no I'm saying san shou is similar to mma except its missing ground work. Which I said imprecisely as brazillian jiu jitsu ness. And fedor did judo as well, mixed martial artists come from a variety of backgrounds, I'm not sure what your point is.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the hell is brazillian jiujitsu ness? is this a new term you've coined that includes ever aspect of mma that isn't part of san shou's curriculum? If so then I completely agree with you!

Im going to start training in 'brazillian jiujitsu ness' immediately! look for me soon on the big stage!
    Last edited by Angry-Monkey; 6/18/2008 6:41pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 6:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no I'm saying san shou is similar to mma except its missing ground work. Which I said imprecisely as brazillian jiu jitsu ness. And fedor did judo as well, mixed martial artists come from a variety of backgrounds, I'm not sure what your point is.

his point is the same one I've been making this entire time that you're dumb and shouldn't be trying to tell people about things that you don't know anything about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 6:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Monkey
    what the hell is brazillian jiujitsu ness? is this a new coin you've termed that includes ever aspect of mma that isn't part of san shou's curriculum? If so then I completely agree with you!

Im going to start training in 'brazillian jiujitsu ness' immediately! look for me soon on the big stage!
    I'm explaining a mistake I made, you anal rententive ****.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 6:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is what I said, not paraphrased or altered to prove a point. I admitted it was an imprecise definition, but I think anyone can agree. That san shou is a mix of styles, that lacks as I've said "brazillian jiu jitsu ness" what I meant was it lacked ground game, including the intricacies of brazzilian jiu jitsu, and ground and pound I suppose. And I'll admit immediatly that I have I don't have as much credibility regarding mma, and maybe even san shou. But I dont declare my opinion as fact. Where as you, with marginally more credibility do.

school: U f T
    "ground and pound" is not just something you practice against a heavy bag lying on the floor. Adding strikes to the ground game changes it COMPLETELY. To draw a parallel with the stand up game, you can compare it to the difference between sanshou and folkstyle wrestling. In one you can hit the guy and in the other you can't.

The only time I declared a fact was when I said that mma does NOT equal sanshou plus jiujitsu (ness) as you claimed. And the FACT that you are an idiot (I looked it up, its true).

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 6:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is really unlike me to argue like this on the internet. If you and I both show up to a toronto throwdown at some point we can continue this conversation and maybe you can teach me some "brazilian jiujitsu ness"

poser

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 6:48pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, we may not agree on the most useless, but clearly the most useful martial art is Argue-Jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is silly I think anyone realize how hypocritical you're acting, I gave an imprecise definition of san shou, then corrected it later. Its purpose was to give a general idea of the style to someone whose never heard of it. You gave an incorrect definition of san shou and you still haven't seemed to defend yourself against it. I don't disagree with anything you're saying, in fact I FUCKING AGREE. You're just a fucking stubborn ass who gets off on making other men concede defeat, call me a fool call me an idiot all you want, I don't care. It doesn't make you any more correct or any less of an anal retentive asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 7:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Monkey
    This is really unlike me to argue like this on the internet. If you and I both show up to a toronto throwdown at some point we can continue this conversation and maybe you can teach me some "brazilian jiujitsu ness"
    I've got work on the 28th, you can try the next one.