Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 313738394041 4243444551 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2008 7:20am

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, vibrating palm? Why didn't he just go the extra mile and claim that training his style leads to your hands counting as +1 magic weapons at level 7, one use of stunning blow per day per three levels, immunity to poisons and diseases at level 12, increased walk speed and quivering palm at level 16 to make enemies save vs wands or die?

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 9:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    probably hung-gar kung fu, tae-kwon do, aikido and tai-chi chuan are the worst fucking useless MAs I've seen; but there are a myriad of lesser known styles which also totally S U C K

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 11:21pm

Style: Muay Thai, RBSD Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kultist
    Dude, vibrating palm? Why didn't he just go the extra mile and claim that training his style leads to your hands counting as +1 magic weapons at level 7, one use of stunning blow per day per three levels, immunity to poisons and diseases at level 12, increased walk speed and quivering palm at level 16 to make enemies save vs wands or die?
    no ****. that is true of heaps of those shitty scams. more believeable during a D&D swap meet
    -------------------

as for the defense of these shitty scams by an earlier poster :-)-: (and who's obviously a practictioner/instructor/creater of one of them or a conspiracy buff), I cant believe your ****. sure, many times do we laugh at others to make ourselves feel better. but you have to see **** for what it is. if it looks like ****, sounds like ****, feels like ****, then it is surely ****. feces or metaphor, you decide. very few useless martial arts? FFS, you have to be the only one in the world to believge that. they all have + & - but you have to weigh up the minus on the more fucked up ones, as the minus' will leave you without any way of defending yourself against anyone bigger than mini-me.

many people are **** no matter the training. but what is teh appeal in **** arts?

just because you may be a believer in Jedi mind force, doesnt make it real.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 4:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: taiji mantis, MMA, thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    HEY!! Whats up Bidch?
    If I was a Police profiler I would portray you in one of two ways.

a. Someone who has WASTED years of training time(Like myself) believing that Real fights looked like 'Enter the Dragon' or that you become STRONGER everytime you yell KEE-AYE during your Kata class.

b. Someone who was just gotten into the Martial Arts recently and has had the VERY unfortunate luck of being reccomended to a Kung Fu academy, in which case, ALL o the above applies as well.

You can bidch and cry and DREAM that because you know 6 Katas and wear a Karate Costume that you are a capable and knowledgeable person in Martial Arts. You dont know Jack.
    You have no idea for how long I trained or in what styles. You just saw the Karate Kid and instantly KNEW that YOU were Daniel San and would one day become Mr Miyagi.
    You will one day recieve the help you so desperately need.
    hold up hold up time out.... what the hell is ur problem with kungfu, the most expierence u probley have with it is seeing it own TV and thinking that cuz its choreographed, to look good own camera meens its bad. u hav never fought me or my sifu, so what gives u the right to say my style is bad or more directly i as a martial artist suck.

you obviously hav never seen wong kiew kit's students sparr. or his sparring methology.
    i kinda find it very hard to believe that a stlye workd for hundreds of years and the second MMA comes out now its useless. now true i hav no knowledge of u or ur martial arts capabillites but u hav just as less of mine. and with as many kung-fu and TMA fighters own this forum who can probably beat u any day of the week while drunk, high:XXhippylo and blindfolded. u have no base from witch to justify ur opinion except a bad atitude probably cuz of a Mcdojo u once went to, and sum Kung-fu movies u did not care for.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 7:17am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, learn to write properly. English is my third language and I still type better than you do.

Second, you have no base in your argument but your hurt feelings when someone doesn't agree with you and your own training experiences. He has his, you have yours and they seem to differ quite a bit. It seems that most of the US Kung Fu schools are larptastic and mcdojoish. Thus almost everyone who has ever attended kung fu know **** about real fighting and a lot about choreographed dancing. If your school does spar, then good for you.

That still doesn't take away the fact that most of them kungfuers are experts only in mental masturbation. In other words: throwing away your time if you want to learn how to fight.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 3:52pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro90
    hold up hold up time out.... what the hell is ur problem with kungfu, the most expierence u probley have with it is seeing it own TV and thinking that cuz its choreographed, to look good own camera meens its bad. u hav never fought me or my sifu, so what gives u the right to say my style is bad or more directly i as a martial artist suck.

you obviously hav never seen wong kiew kit's students sparr. or his sparring methology.
    i kinda find it very hard to believe that a stlye workd for hundreds of years and the second MMA comes out now its useless. now true i hav no knowledge of u or ur martial arts capabillites but u hav just as less of mine. and with as many kung-fu and TMA fighters own this forum who can probably beat u any day of the week while drunk, high:XXhippylo and blindfolded. u have no base from witch to justify ur opinion except a bad atitude probably cuz of a Mcdojo u once went to, and sum Kung-fu movies u did not care for.
    Stick around and read the threads on this site for a while. We don't really object to any style. What most people here object to is that within certain styles in the past several decades, it has become popular to train only katas, forms, techniques (or whatever you want to call them) without alive sparring. That is a training methodology, not necessarily representative of these styles as they were originally taught. It is more representative of market forces in a modern world where most people who train martial arts want some measure of achievement, without having to risk getting injured or coming to work with a black eye.

Unfortunately, a lot of Karate, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do and Kung Fu schools fall into this category. That doesn't necessarily mean that your school or your style is bad. There are exceptions; there are people who use variations of most of those styles effectively in competitive fighting, but they tend to be in the minority. If you feel that your training is teaching you to fight effectively, that's great. If you'd like to spar against practitioners of other styles, check out the Throwdown Forum to see if there will be a throwdown in your area in the near future. Most people here are open to learning things that work. But most are not interested in the mythology, mysticism, history, tradition, ritual, etc. that often gets muddled with "martial arts."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 9:27am

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any sword art where they use those bendable blades that goes swosh-swoshi-wosh at the slightest flick of the wrist. They would've been much better of if they didn't pretend that they used swords, but admitted that they are using metal spanking straps.
    Last edited by Father Dagon; 2/12/2008 9:37am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 11:20am

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Severe
    no ****. that is true of heaps of those shitty scams. more believeable during a D&D swap meet
    -------------------

as for the defense of these shitty scams by an earlier poster :-)-: (and who's obviously a practictioner/instructor/creater of one of them or a conspiracy buff), I cant believe your ****. sure, many times do we laugh at others to make ourselves feel better. but you have to see **** for what it is. if it looks like ****, sounds like ****, feels like ****, then it is surely ****. feces or metaphor, you decide. very few useless martial arts? FFS, you have to be the only one in the world to believge that. they all have + & - but you have to weigh up the minus on the more fucked up ones, as the minus' will leave you without any way of defending yourself against anyone bigger than mini-me.

many people are **** no matter the training. but what is teh appeal in **** arts?

just because you may be a believer in Jedi mind force, doesnt make it real.
    The reason i brough that up is because in Baldurs Gate 2 and the neverwinter nights games (and possibly icewind dale, i'm not sure) the monks had a special move called "Quivering palm" where the target had to save vs wands or be instantly killed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2008 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all good. only the top line was for you dude. all the text under the -------- line is for :-)-:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2008 3:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr
    First, learn to write properly. English is my third language and I still type better than you do.
    Total OWNAGE.