Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2002 2:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the problem here is often in definition.
    To us, Wu Shu means Martal art. We diferentiate by calling real traditinal combat arts traditional Wu Shu, and the performing art contemparary Wu Shu.

Most Schools just advertise Wu Shu and you kind of have to be in the know to tell the differance.

Some Wu Shu school advertise Kung Fu.

Some Kung fu School teach some Wu Shu and some Wu Shu schools teach some Kung Fu.

you prety much have to be a part of the shool to know.

With MMA's they don't have that many options. With them, you can either fight, or you can fight, there is really no choice in the matter.

Also, with MMAs you either punch and kick (elbow too I guess) or you suggle on the gorund. in Kung Fu we can throw, trip, grapple standing up as well as kick and punch. plus our ground fighting is much more brutal and will often leave spinal injuries from the throws alone, let alone the dammage fist and feet raining down on a floored opponent will do. I'd like to see a BJJ guy survive getting thrown head first on the ground, and then have his ribs crushed by a full weight drop on the lower ribcage with the knee (Called a "Cage"). If one of us was psycotic enough to do that in the ring, your BJJ would be bleeding internally and the medics would be having to rush them to surgery to remove the chuncks of ribcaged from their lungs.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/16/2002 3:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SD,

Ah my nemisis rears his head here as well!!! How have you been?

>Wushu actually means "martial art" while Kungfu means "hard work". So saying Hung gar, Choy Lay Fut or even BJJ is wushu isn't wrong. So the definition mixes people up

Let me set this straight. WUSHU means "MARTIAL METHODS" (It is the same characters as BUJUTSU in Japanese. the kanji for "ART" as in SKILL is different)

AGAIN, as I always say, "Don't judge the ART. Judge the person." There crappy pple in ALL MA as there are good pple. The truth is VERY FEW pple who train in MA are decent fighters.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2002 5:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The truth is VERY FEW pple who train in MA are decent fighters.

Reply]
    Asia, very true. This includes BJJ guys and Muy Tai guys as and MMA's as well. In fact, I think it's safe to say there are many more MMA's that do badly at NHB fighting than anyone. It seems only a small few of them make it to the top.

Edited by - Royal Dragon on July 16 2002 17:58:35

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2002 10:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asia,

I assume when you say "SD, my old nemesis," you mean Shaolin Dynasty, not me.

As everyone knows, my nemesis is the baby with one eyebrow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2002 11:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh Asia is here as well, I may get the chance to destroy you yet! You win this round by correcting my translation but I will have my revenge!

Sdriver-I thought the baby with one eyebrow was maggie simpsons nemesis?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2002 9:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me, Maggie Simpson, whoever. What am I, Kreskin? ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2002 8:08pm

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Also, with MMAs you either punch and kick (elbow too I guess) or you suggle on the gorund. in Kung Fu we can throw, trip, grapple standing up as well as kick and punch. plus our ground fighting is much more brutal and will often leave spinal injuries from the throws alone, let alone the dammage fist and feet raining down on a floored opponent will do. I'd like to see a BJJ guy survive getting thrown head first on the ground, and then have his ribs crushed by a full weight drop on the lower ribcage with the knee (Called a "Cage"). If one of us was psycotic enough to do that in the ring, your BJJ would be bleeding internally and the medics would be having to rush them to surgery to remove the chuncks of ribcaged from their lungs."

Ahh, the typical 'My art's too dangerous' argument.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2002 3:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taekwondo, useless? That's not proven yet. I watched the video clip here and it clearly shows that the taekwondoist couldn't win 'cause he has improper usage of techniques. The Muay Thai dude came in to close range and only does about 2-3 moves to knock the Taekwondoist down. Read Musashi and the Book of Five Rings to see what I'm talking about. There is no martial arts supremency! Each had a history that shows how the art is used in order to do certain things like war, self-defense, or spiritual discipline.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    7/23/2002 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty much ALL Kung Fu sucks man. I know that you TRUELY want to believe that Monkey Kung Fu might be real in some distant reality but, SORRY, not only does it have NO value as a martial art but its practitioners look ridiculous when training in it.
    I wonder what its going to take for people to understand that most of this **** is total garbage...
    What if GOD came down to earth and listen an 11th commandment saying:
    "Thou shalt not practice Kung Fu for it sucks in every concievable way."
    What would all these morons do then?
    I know what they'd do; Tell God he should go fight Emin Boztepe.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    7/23/2002 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Royal Dragon is one funny mutherfukker, huh? He sounds like he's describing a fight scene from Iron Monkey.

I got a question, genius. You say Kung Fu has everything from poking the eyes, to throwing, to the launch codes for the United States nuclear arsenal, but practice mainly in striking. How the hell is a Kung Fu person who hardly ever practices throwing techniques(in a realistic manner) ever possibly going to throw someone who spends the majority of his time clinching, throwing, and wrestling?

This nut comes across like Don King: "How is da graplla gonna be able to survive Iron Mike Tyson pickin him up and throwin him down...".

He wouldnt have to survive that because Iron Mike could never outgrapple a grappler. All of a sudden every Kung Fu weirdo claims hes been doing Mongolian Wrestling for half of his life. Or Turkish wrestling. Or Shui Chiao. Meanwhile half a lifetime in ALL of those things plus a quarter would even get you a pack of bubblegum.

Cant you guys stick to watching Kung Fu Theatre and buttering your own popcorn? Shave your head, learn to meditate, buy yourself some robes, learn Tai Chi, buy yourself a friggin Bonzai Tree and im sure you'll be immediately respected in your comminity as a person of much cultural awareness.

THE SHID DONT WORK! ITS A BUNCH OF BOOLSHIT!

Anyone from those arts who can fight well does so out of personal toughness and athleticism and would be the same way with or without his or her useless movements.

Edited by - PeedeeShaolin on July 23 2002 14:07:48
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast