Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2005 5:23am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by moha
    Hello people. I'm new to this whole thing, so bear with me, if you don't mind. To anyone who cares to venture an opinion, how do you rate Wing Chun? I plan to start WC training soon.
    Most people on bullshido don't like Wing Chun. I'd say go and watch a class and if they practice hard-contact sparring and the senior students look in good shape, then train there.
    The reason most people on Bullshido think WC is crap is that finding hard-sparring WC schools is difficult.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 10:22pm

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Well, it depends.

I wouldn't consider TKD or Tai Chi useless because your likelyhood of meeting chicks in a TKD/TC club is about 50x greater than in a "real" art."

^LMAO

most useless art- its hard to pick but i'm going for tkd
    reasons
    - generally produce blackbelts that cannot fight but think they can
    - one dimensional, almost anyone with some takedown and grappling training will tear them apart
    - the one class i attended, they didnt spar with a resisting opponent

NOTE, there is probably a lot of exceptions to the above, but i'm speaking generally

some ninjitsu stuff i have seen was terrible, but had a few good things mixed in

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    4/06/2005 2:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think wtf tkd is pretty useless... olympic sparring is dumb.

ninjitsu comes in at a very very close second. the only reason why i dont think its completely useless is because I am a Naruto fan.

and as for WC, some people say the system doesn't work, others don't like the way most schools train (light training w no sparring, just alot of theory and talk), others say both.

I say the system didn't work for me when i learned it and also the training wasn't too demanding and I passed all my ranks faster than a TKD school. : (

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2005 9:57am

Style: Cross Traiing/MMA/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WCKF for me or Aikido cant decide!

Just seen a lot of people doing em and they both look shocking. I have sparred with some good hitting people of most styles but neither of these!
    Last edited by Sonshu; 4/06/2005 10:00am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2005 2:09pm

Style: TKD, JKD, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    ninjitsu comes in at a very very close second. the only reason why i dont think its completely useless is because I am a Naruto fan
    :lookround
    Naruto's the ****.

I think Olympic style tae kwon do is the most unpractical.
    :pottytrai

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 4:30pm

Style: Silat, Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Useless Martial Arts:

Kendo (whoever carries a sword all the time nowadays, not to mention the lack of realism for self defence)

Ninjutsu (tought by 3 white 40yearold fat guys that act like they know what they are talking about, all in an expensive gym. Im not saying ninjutsu is a worthless art, i'm just saying it's unprobable those guys know enough to say they know ninjutsu. It's a lost art.) Naruto rules by the way..

Not sure about: making up your own silat from just 10 years of training in misc martial arts (boxing, ninjutsu, silat and karate). I'll be checking out a 'noob hybrid style' after the summervacation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2005 12:16am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say MT is the most useless art. Why bother with knees to the face and low kicks when you have the Fece Throwing Monkey©-style eye gouges and peach-stealing. Of course, it's useless if your opponent happens to wear glasses and is female. Then you'd have to flip out and Dim-Mak the 17th and 19th meridians, causing your opponent to explode.

I vote Shorthand Empty Hand.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2005 5:01am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I vote Submissive grappling becuase it doesn't actually exist (except in the minds of the anti-MMA grappling wannabes)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2005 12:53pm

Style: Karate, chang quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hello, i think no martial art is useless, all are good
    another point is i am confused some karate people don't like "kung fu" and hate it a lot, i though Karate originated from kung fu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2005 5:05pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman
    hello, i think no martial art is useless, all are good
    another point is i am confused some karate people don't like "kung fu" and hate it a lot, i though Karate originated from kung fu
    Aye, you're right there. Karate came from jujutsu, which is descended from the kung fu taught by Bodhidharma in the Shaolin temple many years ago. Judo also originated from jujutsu, as did aikido. That being said, we judoka like to remind karateka and aikidoka (verbally and physically) how much their arts suck like an oiverpriced fat prostitute.