Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 289101112 131415162262 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BreakDance Fighter

Posted On:
    4/26/2003 2:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How in the world is karate and hapkido more usefull than bjj, I mean of course you need to add some stand up, but bjj by itself will trash those other two arts, has the world gone mad????

BreakDance Fighter

Posted On:
    4/26/2003 2:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and too royal dragon, yeah monkey stylists can be deadly effective, just look at the chimp in the video section of bullshido, I would never want to meet up with him in a dark alley.

Posted On:
    4/26/2003 1:15pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MC-obviously these slug throwing projectile weapons beat a sword or unarmed......

Wushu is a preformance art.....blah blah blah

I don't understand why BJJ is on that list, Hapkido practitioners vary greatly in my limited experiance.....

SB-I agree aikido is pretty useless, though a good wrist lock is good to know

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

http://www.thaing.net/technique.htm
    Thanks to Blade Windu for link. Click on link and wait for codec install prompt. Then install and watch. Nasty fights.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2003 3:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some pp actually voted for BJJ and catch wrestling? Wow, there must be some bitter ppl on this site.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/26/2003 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Naw they just know that:

WRESTLING SUCKS!!!

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
    THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2003 8:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if any of ye have been on the receiving end of "real TKD" THEN DONT VOTE AGAINST IT. TKD IS ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE MOST EFFECTIVE TRAD MA'S AVAILABLE.

i myself practice kung fu and have used it to good effect in the street, thats because i take my training seriously.nothing to do with what i pracitce.

for fucks sake if you wanna roll round in a cage go to the fucking zoo.
    im sick of all this bjj hype bullshit,ie the ultimate ma, yer all just saying it becaues your sheep... following the godamn ma trends.

you'll proably change your views in the next deacde too.

Edited by - crushing fist on April 26 2003 20:11:38

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2003 9:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm kind of dismayed that Tae Kwon Do is currently ranking #1 as the least desireable martial art to have spent ten years training.

WTF? I mean, TKD is ranked even lower than Wushu. I'm not knocking Wushu, but even those guys would be the first to admit that its mainly theatrics not fighting.

And Capoeira? I'd say its probably the most hardcore form of breakdancing on the planet!

I can only think that since TKD is the most popular martial art in North America, its also the most hated. I think I'm going to have to write an article about TKD for this board.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2003 10:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido useless. Hmmm, in one of recent post Kendo was said to be useless as well. Aikido, Judo and Kendo are three martial arts Japanese cops learn. I wonder why.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2003 10:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd never say that TKD is "the most" effective martial art. . .that's just silly. I don't think there is any "most effective" one, which one is the "best" depends mainly on the circumstance and the individual.

Back to TKD, I also won't deny its substantially similar to Karate (or various other styles). How many ways are there to punch or kick somebody?

But that's exactly my point. If TKD is essentially the same as Karate why is it getting twice as many votes for "most useless"? (And ten times as many as Hapkido which is really quite similar as well).

Is TKD really "more useless" than Karate AND Wushu AND Capoeira? I don't think anyone who is really familiar with all four and is intellectually honest could really claim that.

Again: Most popular = most hated. Read the end of the year polls on favorite music album, and its the rule, not the exception that the same albums often end up as both most popular and most hated!

I'd love to hear some (intelligent) comments on this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2003 10:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmmm, as of wrestling being the first MA to be developed in any country, I must agree.

But isn't it the case that main aim of anceint wrestling is about trhowing your opponent to the ground and not about attempting to submint your opponent by rolling around on the ground. Majority of ancient Greek/Roman piecuture seems to be standing grappling. Wouldn't this actually prove the point that the ground is considered to be the least preferable place to go in the battle even by the anceint?

By the way, I hear that current Greco/Roman wrestling is modern revival and has no direct connection to the anceint art.