Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 12:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    hey ******, maybe you should think before you speak.
    I am offended by your assumption of my sexual preference and feel that I am being discriminated against.

I shan't converse with you.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 1:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    Pretty sure Eddie Bravo is just a good Jiu jitsu guy, and also happens to like pot. I believe there is no correlatory evidence, and he has propagated this myth so much so that it's created a placebo effect amongst other people.
    QFT, I just meant that one does not exclude the other.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 1:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think rolling stoned would help you better understand your mental self. For example, am I better when I'm more relaxed than I normally am?

Of course, problem with rolling stoned is that with the category, "Indica" or the body high type, it potentially could be a way of cheating depending on the type of strain you take. If you're ever like me, and have friends who do it every day, you're bound to hear the story about those friends and the day they went weight-lifting, and the experience of how they felt like they could weight-lift it all day long too. Those type of strains are unfair to your sparring partners because you're like the Energizer rabbit, and not only that, pain could be easily shrugged off which means two things, tomorrow morning you're going to be really sore and have lots of bruises, and two, that's not truly yourself that's capable of handling and taking the pain. I've been there before, but since I'm not very energetic body or mind high wise, I don't plan on going to my dojo while high.

But if you can get away with it, try it out. It's always best to experiment for yourself.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 2:03am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a guy at my gym that I really enjoy rolling with, well half the time. I have been around you stoney baloney mother fuckers my whole life so I know when your lit and when not. This dude is a very solid blue who gets me really good and poses a good challenge. Well when he isn't stinking with bongwater breath. Those days I end up just wiping the floor with him. He tells me when he is stoned, well more admits it when I punk on him after class about getting schooled. So that is my experience with stoney rollers.

On a side note, I did come to class off my ass on xanax once. Good ol DEA purple belt took a great liking to me that day. . . I got my ass handed to me and a stearn lecture from him and my instructor. To my defence I had been perscribed said medication earlier that day and in no way knew how out of it I was at the time. This said I really do not see any upsides to recreational drugs for anything well other then recreation. The bong should be on your bedstand not in your gym bag.

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 3:51am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mssvphenom
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract

http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/c...Wheelock-e.pdf

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/social.htm

First of all here are some links. There’s plenty more out there so do a google search yourself. Secondly how you trained to shoot your rifle has nothing to do with learning while under the influence of THC. Let me know when you can offer something resembling an intelligent argument instead of bringing up unrelated crap and telling me to shut the **** up.
    None of the links you posted support your allegation (quoted below), did you read them. Plenty about long term usage and chronic usage causing problems, stuff about performance being negatively affected for a period after use, nothing to say if you learn stoned you should be stoned when you apply your skills IRL. Nice try fucktard.
    Now will you shut the **** up or find something that actualy backs up the drivel you are spouting. And why is how I learned to fire a rifle any different from learning to do anything else, it's learned skills not magic.

So try again and this time keep your "bringing up unrelated crap " out of it and give us some links to non wackjob research findings that back you up please. You haven't impressed me by the way and i think you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by mssvphenom
    Stupid idea! Psychologically speaking if you learn something while under the influence ie studying for a test then you should be in the same mental state when you put that knowledge to use ie taking the test. Are you going to be stoned every time you might need your martial arts ability?
    Last edited by adouglasmhor; 10/15/2008 3:56am at .

Weak

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 6:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    This said I really do not see any upsides to recreational drugs for anything well other then recreation. The bong should be on your bedstand not in your gym bag.
    QFT. Hallelujah!

By the way, I think the OP was stoned once and mistook his vibrator for a bong on his bedstand and smoked that instead.

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 7:52am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    QFT. Hallelujah!

By the way, I think the OP was stoned once and mistook his vibrator for a bong on his bedstand and smoked that instead.
    Bad Lily - someone could try it and lose their front teeth.

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 9:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sucking on a vibrator can get you high?

*rummages thru drawers*

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 9:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge
    Sucking on a vibrator can get you high?

*rummages thru drawers*
    You put a vibrator down your drawers rather than the traditional cucumber?
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 9:28am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not smoke, have not ever, will not never.

That being said I have found a double shot of Jameson after class helps IMMENSELY with muscle pain and aches both in the short term and the next morning.

I still stretch but there's something about a double on the rocks on my front porch that just helps. I dunno, take it as you will.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast