• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 10:32am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrote about his once, blah blah blah research I give the background every time some asshole decides to ask this question. Long story short, weed slows your reaction time but not by a whole hell of a lot.

So, if you roll hard enough, the small increase in time needed to react poses a threat of injury because you don't tap or let go fast enough. If you take it easy during practice then it's still just fucking rude.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 3:38pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mssvphenom
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract

http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/c...Wheelock-e.pdf

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/social.htm

First of all here are some links. There’s plenty more out there so do a google search yourself. Secondly how you trained to shoot your rifle has nothing to do with learning while under the influence of THC. Let me know when you can offer something resembling an intelligent argument instead of bringing up unrelated crap and telling me to shut the **** up.
    Thanks for posting the links. They do support the idea that smoking marijuana can impair your ability to perform complex tasks. Probably not a big surprise.

However, these studies do not support your original assertion: IE. that learning in a certain altered state will only be of use when you are in that state again.

Your origin assertion remains unsupported.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 4:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've rolled against stoners, its a BJJ/surfer/pitbull-havin'/lifestyle choice. Personally, I could do without the stink. From habitual users the smell leeches out of the skin. It helps my game by motivating me to crush teh stoner!

Srsly, I know many people are day2day users but I just cant fathom being like that constantly. We have married friends trying/tried to have babies and that **** just kills your sperm production like it was the male pill. I don't understand how people can live in a constant fog. Then again, how many times a day am I checking new posts on BS?

Getting buzzed on good ol'red wine is helped by having long, sober moments to contrast with.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 4:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next time you roll with someone who's stone. Mount them and cross-face the living **** out of them. Don't even bother with submissions. It'll sober them up real fast.

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 5:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think grappling reflects mood a lot. For example, you might tell if someone had a bad day when they're crossfacing the **** out of you, and doing dick-submissions like ripping to get armbar instead of applying technique.

anyway, that being said, herb changes your mood, therefore changing the way you grapple.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 5:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right, and since weed makes you stupid, you'll probably roll like an idiot. Then again, if you smoke weed before class , you're probably already an idiot.

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 5:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    You're right, and since weed makes you stupid, you'll probably roll like an idiot. Then again, if you smoke weed before class , you're probably already an idiot.
    That is logical, but I don't roll like an idiot after smoking. I've actually pulled things off during grappling (after smoking) that I never got before while sober.

However, I have been caught in pins simply because I was to lazy to move when I had to.

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 5:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOLzmatazz!! That's some ROFL ****.

gameness, good for you to also not get caught by teh Razz, but "Gameness" called&they want their name back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 5:39pm

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gameness
    I've actually pulled things off during grappling (after smoking) that I never got before while sober
    What, like this?

YouTube - Tiger Mask - Standing Backflip Double Knee Drop

I honestly don't understand how a groovy armbar is a significant improvement over the non-groovy variety

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 5:59pm

Style: Yoshi orc + Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anybody besides me train with a lot of cops? I'm thinking showing up high would be a no no.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast