Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 8:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by acidcrakker
    I do alot of my work out at home. I dont use weights but I do put on fat if I dont change up my work out rotuine every 2 weeks.
    that's probably more due to the _ing _hun than anything else. Chunners always get fat, as teh r347 chun need body mass to make all that centerline **** work... :qgaraduat
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 8:41pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by excess_rage
    I started drinking fresh milk (full cream) 3 times a day 2 weeks ago, but found out that I could not take in that much milk; I had upset stomachs pretty much everyday. I found out I was a bit lactose intolerant (I heard most Asians are).

Whey protein powder for shakes are pretty expensive here...I have heard green beans (in porridge form) contain lots of protein and can be an alternative to expensive protein shakes. Is this true? If not, do you know any alternatives, besides lots of meat and egg-whites?
    You'd be better off drinking green smoothies for the aminos (live enzymes). LOTS OF LIVE GREENS = MORE ENZYMES = MORE AMINOS. Live enzymes are a lot easier to process for their aminos than dense protein sources. Milk will kill you, bro. Stay away. Just get a decent blender that you can grind up greens & soaked nuts & seeds with. Throw some banana & young coconut in for flavor. You'll see...
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 8:44pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I eat at least 2 HUGE meals a day. A huge mound of rice, lots of meat and veggies, and a huge bowl of soup/broth/meat or veggie stew. For supper or breakfast I used to just heat up whatever's in the refrigerator, with full cream milk or bread with peanut butter. Now I eat 4~5 eggs, fried with a few pieces of pork luncheon meat and a few slices of cheese thrown in, served with rice. Simple but amateurish dish, lol! I will try and experiment replacing the luncheon with either beef or chicken breast for supper.
    Personally I space it out a little more with 3 meals. Plus snacks in between. But the snacks are stuff like tuna, nuts, vegies, stuff like that. I cheat on the weekends. But usually on the weekends I'll grill something big like ribs, or boston butt, or salmon. Yes I do cook my own meals. Sometimes in the afternoon I have to grab something on the run. But when I do, I try to find something that is good for me. But yeah, when you are trying to gain, you eat as much as you can, if you are working out right, it will all even out.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 8:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke
    Personally I space it out a little more with 3 meals. Plus snacks in between. But the snacks are stuff like tuna, nuts, vegies, stuff like that. I cheat on the weekends. But usually on the weekends I'll grill something big like ribs, or boston butt, or salmon. Yes I do cook my own meals. Sometimes in the afternoon I have to grab something on the run. But when I do, I try to find something that is good for me. But yeah, when you are trying to gain, you eat as much as you can, if you are working out right, it will all even out.
    Yeah, more small meals throughout the day (because of your diet) would be much, much more beneficial. Break those two meals into 4 or 5. Spread those calories out through the day, put the protein after your workouts. You will probably notice a difference within weeks.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 12:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sanshou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude
    You'd be better off drinking green smoothies for the aminos (live enzymes). LOTS OF LIVE GREENS = MORE ENZYMES = MORE AMINOS. Live enzymes are a lot easier to process for their aminos than dense protein sources. Milk will kill you, bro. Stay away. Just get a decent blender that you can grind up greens & soaked nuts & seeds with. Throw some banana & young coconut in for flavor. You'll see...
    Thanks for replying. I'm not familiar with this, though I am intrigued :XXjester: For the greens, anything you'd like to recommend? Broccoli? I live in Indonesia and the veggies available here are quite different from what you have in the states. We do have water spinach (it's called "Bayam" in this part of the world) in abundance.

And by soaked nuts & seeds, you mean pre-boil them? Sorry noob no understand :new_smile About breaking up the meals to 4 or 5 small ones, will it help if I eat slowly instead? I've tried eating in this pattern before. I always feel full or just lose appetite for quite a few hours, then feel hungry when its already too late.

nomamao - I stay away from the luncheon meat now =) But I do eat a lot of rice. as in 3/4 of a rice cooker each day.

diesel_tke - Does it make any difference if I eat 4/5 meals instead of 2/3 huge meals? I weigh 174 pounds now! I was 169 last week!! Yay. My shoulders and arms are bigger. I am managing level 9 going to level 10 in the bodyweight culture 20 level challenge.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 1:45pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    4-5 and maybe 6 meals a day is a good thing, and as long as they are small meals you won't be too full for the next meal.

2-3 meals a day is ok, but if you want to improve your metabolism, then the smaller yet more meals a day is better.

That's how I understand it.

And, when I used to eat large meals all the time, I was constantly bloated and lethargic.

I only eat that much rice like once a week (I have a Chinese girlfriend and am constantly at her parents house= impossible to avoid rice without looking like an asshole) and notice it's a great way to gain weight, just not the weight I want. :)

Like I said before, you'll figure out what's good for you. Not everyone works off the same diet to get the same results, but more protein is the way to go.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 2:48pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excess - yep I eat egg omeletes also. But the 2-3 raw as soon as I wake up guarantees to start my metabolic engine.

Jim - I forgot about those Dragon Flags, they're intense. Think I'll build/find a board to do those on.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    diesel_tke - Does it make any difference if I eat 4/5 meals instead of 2/3 huge meals? I weigh 174 pounds now! I was 169 last week!! Yay. My shoulders and arms are bigger. I am managing level 9 going to level 10 in the bodyweight culture 20 level challenge.
    Heck yeah. That bodyweight culture is awesome. I tell people all the time. You don't have to take my word for it...just try it out. You will believe in the end.

Since you are used to 2 meals a day, I would go to 3. Then eventually to 4. I've been up to 5 but got tired of it because you are eating all day. I knew people that took it to extremes and would wake up in the middle of the night. I wouldn't go that far. Just make sure it is comfortable and convenient. If it is too crazy, you will get tired of it and just not do it.

Keep up what you are doing. You're up 5lbs and that is huge. Don't try to push it too fast. Get used to the diet and work out. But yeah, you should get some big gains pretty fast because you are shocking your system.

When you start to plateau, you will need to rely on your motivation and discipline to stick with it. Don't sweat it right now, just be aware of it when it happens so you don't get discouraged.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2008 8:13am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They have this thing for arms, back, chest, shoulders. Bodyweightculture has it. It's like 2-3 exercises for muscle group. If you do them, you will get really big. A friend of mine has been following during the summer and not diet change, just exercises. His upper body got huge with those exercises. People don't believe all he does is bodyweight.
    It's in bodyweightculture's article or program section. It's actually great programs.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2008 9:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sanshou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odorblocker
    They have this thing for arms, back, chest, shoulders. Bodyweightculture has it. It's like 2-3 exercises for muscle group. If you do them, you will get really big. A friend of mine has been following during the summer and not diet change, just exercises. His upper body got huge with those exercises. People don't believe all he does is bodyweight.
    It's in bodyweightculture's article or program section. It's actually great programs.
    Yeap I'm on this Bodyweigh Culture's 20 level challenge. I am currently at level 9.

nomamao - For the first few days I started eating huge amounts of food, I too got lethargic and very nauseous every time I have a very heavy meal. And I do get bloated as well. Nowadays it's not so bad, and the lethargy goes away much sooner. I guess my body is getting used to this eating regime by the day.

diesel_tke - I am pushing myself till my arms practically tremble by the end of a workout. I was surprised myself how much I've gained. I promised myself I would get to 176lbs, I'm close to this but I haven't seen much improvement. I think I'm gonna buff up till I'm 187lbs (85kgs), or maybe even 198lbs (90kgs). I have to be careful so most of that weight gained is not all fat!

Thank you all for replying and offering your advice. I really appreciate all your help! I will continue to post updates on this thread. I'd really love to buff up to light-heavyweight or cruiserweight. I'm going to need the muscle to lift and slam opponents (I do San Shou).
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast