Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 7:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sanshou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke
    They eat as much tuna, peanut butter, and hamburgers as possible. Usually eating the tuna strait. Sometimes mixing it in with noodles. And that is it. Most try to eat one gram of protein per pound of body weight. That figure is a little debatable. But it is a good rule of thumb when trying to gain.
    I weigh 168 pounds now... so does that mean if I were to follow them I should have 168 grams of protein per day? What is actually the best ratio for rapid growth? I'm gonna head to the hyper market and buy lots of canned tuna later this evening :karated:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2008 8:40pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. You want to take in at least that much. Oh, and just a pointer. Most people I know that start adding protein to their diet get really constipated at first. If you want to help that out, drink a lot of juice.

There is not an actual best ratio for rapid growth because everyone's body works a little differently. So you are gonna have to experiment with it. A good way to do that is to get a notebook and keep measurements of your body. Neck, biceps, chest, stomach, but, quads, and calves. Then take measurements once a month. On a side note keep track of what your diet is like during those months. That will help you to see what causes what.

When you see your gut going up then you know you need to cut carbs. But check everything because everyone stores fat in different areas. Don't worry about storing a litle fat but you want to monitor it to keep it under control.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 4:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll start measuring me body then :) I've been working out for years but in such a casual manner it really didn't make a lot of difference. I'm going to take in a lot of eggs too.

Say I take in like 10 eggs a day, with the yokes. Would it be dangerous if I do this in the long term? I was told to remove the at least half the yokes. So it would be 10 eggs but only 5 of them with yokes. For now I'm eating everything - along with other dishes but so much that I have to wait for almost 3 hours before I can start working out comfortably.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 6:49pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, and egg has 6 grams of protein in each one. 3g in the white and 3g in the yolk. So if your eating 10 eggs then your getting 60 grams of protein. But the way you are doing it, you are only getting 45 grams. But you are cutting out 25 grams of fat. There is no reason why you can't eat that long term other than the fact that it will get boring. I like to eat chicken breast because it is a good source of protein and you can flavor it all kinds of ways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 8:19pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love my eggs. Every morning I eat atleast 2 of them raw and whole. Do it consistently and longterm and you'll see the benefits on your own. Until then, everyone is sceptacle. Dont worry about taking out yolk or whites or whatever, it's a perfect food.

I wake up and eat 2 in 10 seconds, head off to work, 1-2 hours later I eat a cheese omelete fresh of the grill, couple slices of bacon, and whatever else I want. 1-2 hours later I eating a lunch, whatever they've got on the grill, 1 hour later a bowl of pasta at the house and I'm off (bananna on the road) to train, couple hours later, more eggs, later more normal food, sleep repeat. 5-6 meals a day woohoo!

I'll eat raw eggs forever.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 11:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nemesai - I can never eat eggs raw. I always eat them either fried in olive oil, in om elettes, or boiled. Don't you get bored eating raw eggs like that every day? You never cook them?

diesel_tke - Do you cook your own meals? sometimes when I eat out I can eat a whole roast chicken with a plate of rice, or half a chicken and 2 plates of rice. oh, and you were right. I got constipated last night.

I eat at least 2 HUGE meals a day. A huge mound of rice, lots of meat and veggies, and a huge bowl of soup/broth/meat or veggie stew. For supper or breakfast I used to just heat up whatever's in the refrigerator, with full cream milk or bread with peanut butter. Now I eat 4~5 eggs, fried with a few pieces of pork luncheon meat and a few slices of cheese thrown in, served with rice. Simple but amateurish dish, lol! I will try and experiment replacing the luncheon with either beef or chicken breast for supper.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 3:45pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 huge meals a day? Lots of rice? Luncheon meat?

I can only afford to eat like that maybe once or twice a week, or I'll instantly feel my body shifting into "holy ****, I'm getting fat" mode.

Well, you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Good luck.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 8:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang
    Short answer- the only big you're going to get is fat without a gym membership or a way to add resistance to your workouts each week (read: dumbell set/weights/pullup bar/deadlift bar).

Long answer - i hate explaining answers which have been asked 1000 times by 1 post noobs. Ride your bike to the gym.

Your kickboxing gym doesn't have weights?
    Don't listen to this idiot. According to him, any gymnast that doesn't lift weights isn't going to get anything but fat. of course, one million & one gymnasts around the world would disagree....

Man, if you're doing pull-ups, dips, hand stand pushups (start with handstands, do negatives for handstand pushups, get your strength up), you can kick the shiznit outta that bag, do your ab work, do BW squats & work up to one-arm pushups & one arm pullups, pistols, & train hard... you'll be one hard dawg!!!

BTW, the key to gains when doing high leverage BW work is to EAT-EAT-EAT. Don't worry about maintaining 4% body fat, or anything like that. Just make sure you're eating a balanced diet, plenty of fresh fruit and veggies (I assume it's not too hard on Java...) & stay away from processed crap food.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 8:22pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    I'm getting big just reading this thread! *rimjob*
    Fixed.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 8:30pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesai
    Size isnt necesarily = to strength. There are good ways about getting big and strong, like Stronglifts 5x5 program. But you can get shredded without any equipment too.

Hello-Darlins = laying on your back, hands under butt. Raise your feet off the ground a few inches and spread them apart, bring them back together and repeat. It's brutal.
    trade of Dragon Flags + Flutter kicks for sets.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast