Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 7:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by excess_rage
    diesel_tke: Thank you so much for the link to Bodyweightculture.com! Exactly what I need. 180cm and 102kg, holy sh*t what is your work out???
    Yeah, I found that site a few years ago. I love going on there. It is great for motivation and gives you all kinds of cool ideas.

Right now I do MMA on Mon. and Thurs. On tues days I do pushups, pull ups, burpees, dips, and different variations of them. On Fridays I do body squats, lunges, wall chairs, jumping squats, one legged squats, and leg lifts. Wed. I do abbs with crunches, the ab wheel, trunk twisters, leg lifts.

I keep a log of the totals that I did the week before. I always try to beat my previous score. I also switch it up a lot and do different veriations of the same workouts. Sometime throw stretch bands into the mix. The main thing is that I stay with something for about 3 motnhs and then change it up totally. Except for the MMA which stays on the same days all the time.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 1:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sanshou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke
    Yeah, I found that site a few years ago. I love going on there. It is great for motivation and gives you all kinds of cool ideas.

Right now I do MMA on Mon. and Thurs. On tues days I do pushups, pull ups, burpees, dips, and different variations of them. On Fridays I do body squats, lunges, wall chairs, jumping squats, one legged squats, and leg lifts. Wed. I do abbs with crunches, the ab wheel, trunk twisters, leg lifts.

I keep a log of the totals that I did the week before. I always try to beat my previous score. I also switch it up a lot and do different veriations of the same workouts. Sometime throw stretch bands into the mix. The main thing is that I stay with something for about 3 motnhs and then change it up totally. Except for the MMA which stays on the same days all the time.
    How much do you eat to grow and then maintain that body weight? I bet with your workout it's all muscle. Do you take whey protein supplements? They are hellishly expensive here in Indonesia, and since I am still a student I can't afford a lot of them.

How long have you had this body of yours? Were you originally fat or skinny?

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 7:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesai
    Hello-Darlins = laying on your back, hands under butt. Raise your feet off the ground a few inches and spread them apart, bring them back together and repeat. It's brutal.
    That sound easy compared to doing v-sits on a stability ball, and I do those all the time. Haven't seen much improvement from that though, id rather do leg-lifts in a captains chair.
    :new_all_c

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 7:28pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can check out Ross Enamait's website http://www.rosstraining.com/. He has published a decent book called Never Gymless which has helped me out quite a bit.

Avoid Matt Furey titles. You will get the same info from Ross' book without spending hundreds of dollars.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 12:58pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    That sound easy compared to doing v-sits on a stability ball, and I do those all the time. Haven't seen much improvement from that though, id rather do leg-lifts in a captains chair.

V-sits are good too.

HDs seem to target the inner part of that V-cut as well. Lots of strain everywhere though. You don't put your feet down after each rep, they stay 3 or so inches of the ground for the duration.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2008 3:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sanshou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are V-sits? I have a stability ball...

Weak

Posted On:
    10/18/2008 5:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    excess_rage - what is your diet like? Do you take any supplements, protein etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesai
    Hello-Darlins = laying on your back, hands under butt. Raise your feet off the ground a few inches and spread them apart, bring them back together and repeat. It's brutal.
    That's a pole dancing move, I'll agree that its brutal.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    10/18/2008 12:39pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang
    Short answer- the only big you're going to get is fat without a gym membership or a way to add resistance to your workouts each week (read: dumbell set/weights/pullup bar/deadlift bar).

Long answer - i hate explaining answers which have been asked 1000 times by 1 post noobs. Ride your bike to the gym.

Your kickboxing gym doesn't have weights?

ummmmmmmmm no. Heres an e-slap for you. Can't quite feel it through the interwebs yet but just imagine.

First off all, without adding any weight, bodyweight exercises are a fine way to stay in shape. You could even put on a good deal of size with them.

Pull-ups,push-ups,dips,squats,pistols and more.

Now with all of the equipment you listed, you could add weight to them. Use a back pack and add weight (if you dont have weights it could be sand or books or anything) to your dips, pull-ups and pistols.

It would be nice to get a dumbbell set if you can though, you could work the lower body better and they dont take up too much space.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2008 5:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing-Chun/ Maui Tai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do alot of my work out at home. I dont use weights but I do put on fat if I dont change up my work out rotuine every 2 weeks.

Posted On:
    10/18/2008 5:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by excess_rage
    How much do you eat to grow and then maintain that body weight? I bet with your workout it's all muscle. Do you take whey protein supplements? They are hellishly expensive here in Indonesia, and since I am still a student I can't afford a lot of them.

How long have you had this body of yours? Were you originally fat or skinny?
    Well, that is actually a long story. So I will shorten and highlight it for you. Yes, I was skinny in high school. I was about 175 lbs. When I went to college I walked onto the rugby team. The coach put me at hooker but I wanted to play flanker. He told me I was too small.

So I started lifting weights like a mug. I ate everything in sight and drank lots of protein shakes. I got up to 250 lbs. I actually ended up playin prop my senior year. Which was fun. While I was in college I bounced at a few local clubs to make some side money. When I graduated I got a job as a correctional officer. That was when my martial arts started up seriously.

So I was bench pressing 405lbs as my max and I got on the RRT(rapid response team) and had to make the PT standards. Well I was too big for the running, and pull ups. So I started a lot of cardio. I got down to about 230lbs when the PT standard changed and I had to start maxing out on pushups for the test... I figured I was money because I could bench so much...Wrong! I could only do like 40 push-ups. Then I noticed that I was soar the next day. So I figured I would change up my routine and see what happened.

I had been wondering anyway because I would always see these inmates walking around that were like 225-250lbs of solid muscles doing nothing but pushups, pull ups, and dips. So I started doing it. That was about 3 years ago. Fast forward to today. I'm 220-225lbs depending on the day. I eat pretty normal now and try to monitor the scale. I'm at a comfortable weight so I'm just trying to maintain. If my weight starts going down I up the protein shakes. Otherwise just eat 3 healthy meals a day.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast