Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2008 10:01pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A good bodyweight routine is all you need. Weights can just accelerate the process.

Do pushups, diamond pushups, wide pushups.. Pull ups, narrow grip pullups, commando pullups.. Situps, Toe Touches, Flipper kicks, Hello-Darlins.. Body builders, mountain climbers, hand-stand presses, chin ups, etc etc. Squats, dips.

You should do each group (pushup group) in pyramid fashion, 2 4 6 8 10 8 6 4 2 (3 different styles)

and alternate pushup days and pull up days, pull ups 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1 (on 3 different styles)

add a situp group on each day upper one day lower the next, 5 10 15 20 25 20 15 10 5 (2 styles)

Set a strict time of 15 second break in between each step of the pyramid and a couple minute break between each change in method. (Go as high as you can with good form on any pyramid, then back down)

You may not get all blowed up and puffy like some lifters, but you'll be cut like wind through blowing through the grass. The more protein and good timing of amino acids intake as well as just eating a lot will bring results faster.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    10/12/2008 10:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm getting big just reading this thread! *rimshot*

But seriously, if you have a barbell, it's not any different from the barbells at the gym. Just do the same things you would do at the gym, but at home. This has probably all been said before but I didn't read this thread because it's all the same as these other 'Iz d0n't w4nts z to g0 to the gymz!' threads.

Posted On:
    10/12/2008 11:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    I'm getting big just reading this thread! *rimshot*
    well then, stop "rubbing it so furiously"!!

man makers, all you need is two 35# dumbbells-ouch! (scroll down in link to see photos):

http://www.gymjones.com/schedule.php?date=20051123

Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 7:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sanshou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

omg

wow, I didn't know there are so many exercises out there I could do, and so many names for them.

Nemesai: What are Hello-darlin's?

theotherserge: I meant big as in, getting to look like a light-heavyweight boxer would look like. Or like Cung Le. I am not sure if he works out in the gym, so the question is can someone my size (just converted my height & weight to US standards: I'm 5'10, 168 pounds) grow to look like him, just working out using my bodyweight? I apologize because I was not clear enough before :icon_rabb

DannyMac: "the holy grail: One-arm\one-leg on an incline push-ups" Wow. I wonder how one does that. Have a video of a guy doing this? :icon_boun

Teh El Macho: Thanks, I just had this idea of lifting full water containers (for my dispenser at home) off the ground up to me one of my shoulders. I'm gonna do squats with them later on! Great!

I only thought of workouts that are conventional: push-ups with the gym ball (I can manage about 40 now), 10 close-grip pull-ups (i raise my knees to my chest when I pull up), dips that have helped build muscle in me arms and chest (raising my knees to me chest when I push up the twin rails too).

Motivation - yes that's the main problem right now, I'm just too lazy to do squats. For my legs, I play futsal (indoor soccer) 3 times per week, and i practice kicking on me heavy bag.

I have started doing push-ups on stair rails, but I found it awkward pushing up. Perhaps not used to this routine? :icon_boun

diesel_tke: Thank you so much for the link to Bodyweightculture.com! Exactly what I need. 180cm and 102kg, holy sh*t what is your work out???

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 7:23am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can make your own weighted bag from some sand and old duffle bag or holdall or even a sack or a matress cover. Here's a legal free downoad of an exercise manual for a bag.

http://www.performt.com/manual.pdf

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 12:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dumbells are pretty cheap. I think my 40's were about $0.50/lb.

I like that 'man-maker' in that gymjones link you posted there serge. like burpees with dumbells and rows thrown in. i'll be doing that one more often.
    :new_all_c

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 1:25pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That "man-maker" looks to be a killer workout. Will have to give that a try....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 1:43pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesai
    A good bodyweight routine is all you need. Weights can just accelerate the process.

Do pushups, diamond pushups, wide pushups.. Pull ups, narrow grip pullups, commando pullups.. Situps, Toe Touches, Flipper kicks, Hello-Darlins.. Body builders, mountain climbers, hand-stand presses, chin ups, etc etc. Squats, dips.

You should do each group (pushup group) in pyramid fashion, 2 4 6 8 10 8 6 4 2 (3 different styles)

and alternate pushup days and pull up days, pull ups 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1 (on 3 different styles)

add a situp group on each day upper one day lower the next, 5 10 15 20 25 20 15 10 5 (2 styles)

Set a strict time of 15 second break in between each step of the pyramid and a couple minute break between each change in method. (Go as high as you can with good form on any pyramid, then back down)

You may not get all blowed up and puffy like some lifters, but you'll be cut like wind through blowing through the grass. The more protein and good timing of amino acids intake as well as just eating a lot will bring results faster.
    Blowed up and puffy = strong... right?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by excess_rage
    Teh El Macho: Thanks, I just had this idea of lifting full water containers (for my dispenser at home) off the ground up to me one of my shoulders. I'm gonna do squats with them later on! Great!
    There you go. I actually have two 5-gallon plastic jugs of water which I use for cleans (for time). As they become easier, I will begin replacing some of the water with sand. Replacing a liter of water with sand can easily bring up the weight by approximately 4lbs.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 7:15pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakmongkol
    Blowed up and puffy = strong... right?
    Size isnt necesarily = to strength. There are good ways about getting big and strong, like Stronglifts 5x5 program. But you can get shredded without any equipment too.

Hello-Darlins = laying on your back, hands under butt. Raise your feet off the ground a few inches and spread them apart, bring them back together and repeat. It's brutal.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast