Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 6:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA-ish stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude
    hey, he didn't say it was his! Sheesh, way to poke a sore subject....
    :love3: :XXspermy:
    +
    :love8: :XXspermy:
    =
    :XXmonkey:
    Poke a sore subject? Sounds like a monarch having some fun with the town prostit....

I'm just gonna go sit in the corner.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 8:45pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha! The baby is mine, a baby girl (oh boy, I gotta start making booby trapped trenches to fend off the suitors). Baby is growing pretty fast by the size of Mrs. Macho's belly, so that can only be attributed to my portentous, creatine-fueled genetic contribution ;)

Mrs Macho is doing fine, but incredibly frustrated since she can't deadlift or do push ups, but she still tries to work out. The one-hand wall push ups turned out to be a good substitute.

Going back to the subject:

You can actually make one-hand wall push ups really hard by pushing with the hand above the head. It turns it into a quasi-incline-press/quasi-overhead press/quasi-tricep extension thing. In addition to that, the instability recruits the rhomboids, the posterior delts, and a whole bunch of tiny, meaty muscles over and under your shoulder blade, and a bit on the lats and middle traps. That itself makes this a very good exercise to do on a regular basis.

Another way to make a one-hand push up (either the plain vanilla or the hand above head level) more challenging is to do them on one foot only. Try it and see!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2008 12:25pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi all,

Thanks so much for the incredibly useful tips everyone! I really appreciate it. I'll have her try the wall pushups when we're back in the gym next week.

oh and congrats Mr. and Mrs. Macho!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12