Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/13/2008 4:57pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's because it is a specific type of bag not just a hanging system.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/13/2008 5:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    That's because it is a specific type of bag not just a hanging system.
    Give TEM a couple of days and he will post detailed instructions after McGuyvering one.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/13/2008 5:40pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    Give TEM a couple of days and he will post detailed instructions after McGuyvering one.
    As soon as I can move to a home with enough space to hang one up. I can actually see tying a small-size bag (50-60lbs) like an uppercut bag with heavy duty nylon webbing and gorilla glue... but only if the bag is covered with canvas or real leather and not synthetic material. If it's synthetic vinyl ****, you'd have to cover it up real thigh with canvas first. I'm building a clean-jerk sandbag with vinyl webbing handles, so the concept is very similar.

OTH, they aren't that expensive when considered with other types of equipment, and I'm sure one can find a cheap one in eBay or craigslist.

Back to the topic, I've found training uppercuts on a heavy bag to suck ass real bad, but then again, I suck at striking so there.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 6:03pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson
    Unless you get one of these cool things.

http://www.combatsports.com/CSI/Prod...L2-SR&CTitle=&

I've never got to use one, but I think they would be good.
    Take my word... they're boody awful! We had a TWINS one at our gym and I hated it. There was no give at all and with hooks/uppercuts, your fist rebounded twice as fast as it hit the pad. It was kinda like hitting a giant spring - not good and NOTHING like a heavy bag! That said, straights to the "less padded" part weren't too bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 6:08pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Oh c, but how the hell would you do that ?

Oh like that , I bet I could safely make a set up like that if I can't find one .

They don't seem to have the hardware by itself .

and I can't seem to find whole set up on the site either .

I will google it later .
    SugarRays sell those 'sideways bags' (I think they're called barrel bags)...

www.sugarrays.co.uk - they're made by Ampro (and I think everlast too). Dunno much about them but it's somewhere that sells them!

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They seem to have some great products .

I like this angled type bag personally a little pricey but I bet it would wear nicely .

Quote Originally Posted by JabCrossHook
    SugarRays sell those 'sideways bags' (I think they're called barrel bags)...

www.sugarrays.co.uk - they're made by Ampro (and I think everlast too). Dunno much about them but it's somewhere that sells them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 7:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really don't see the need for all these different bags just so you can throw an uppercut. I've never had any trouble practicing uppercuts with just the plain ol' heavy bag or someone holding mitts. The bag BFM posted is kinda cool though since it's still still a heavy bag and you can actually work combinations on it. I've never really cared for the sideways "uppercut" bag.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 7:20am

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Oh like that , I bet I could safely make a set up like that if I can't find one .

They don't seem to have the hardware by itself .
    Hardware, shmardware. Piece-o-rope FTW! Okay, plus a couple heavy-duty screw eyes in your ceiling joists. Total cost: ~$10 at the local Home Despot.

I did just that with a nasty old Everlast canvas bag when the straps (inevitably) ripped. Rigged properly, it's easy to change the height if you want to work different types of knees, downward spiking elbows, snap kicks etc.

Yeah, it's hard as a rock . . . but that'll keep you from getting lazy with wrist alignment.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123