GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    11/30/2008 3:57am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train at Vamos BJJ for BJJ and kickboxing. www.vamosjiujitsu.com
    Finest Fitness Gym for my lifting. There is also a PT there who does conditioning and boxing for me (he coaches/coahed wrestling and boxing elsewhere but is now soley a PT).
    I trained SKK at USSD, not currently there anymore lol.

I haven't trained however since my last two fights (almost 2 months! Getting back on the mats next week though). Fought a Friday night, then that same weekend on Sunday night. 2 wins (bringing me to 6-3) fortunately but I am totally burnt out with training and starting a new MA program at the Fitnest Fitness Gym for kids and adults.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 9:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kempo/jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see a lot of cross training from you guys, muay thai, BJJ, etc, etc. "Evolving of KEMPO!!!!"
    Did most of you start out in a Ke?po or an SKK Dojo?
    Has anyones parent style been something else and due to changes in the cirriculum it's now called Kempo.
    Kempo is such a general term (way of the fist). I've come to realize that not all Kempo Dojo's have sprung from a Kempo or SKK background.
    Li Guy 1 that is a bad ass head kick, I'd assume thats a picture of you delivering that kick?

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 3:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah that's me, getting the KO in a Vale Tudo fight.

I started at a SKK school, USSD. When we left (myslef, my brother GIJoe6186, and the instructor) we still were in no way done with MA, just political stuff made us leave/get kicked out.

So we kept training, even had a group of people who left with us, and we just brawled, trained our kempo, and fought each other in my back yard. Then I tried boxing for 2 months, it was OK but I left and took up BJJ. Been at ever since and got into MMA fighting.

Now we run a MA program for kids and adults, kids get Kempo as we tweaked it, and adults get Kempo and MMA (2 separate classes).

One day I will tape and upload the techs we tweaked up and show what we are trying to do, how we are playing with the system.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 10:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Kosho, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just talked to my sensei. apparenly for my second degree BB test i have to develop my own kempos for 31-35. that should be fun

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 3:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kempo/jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kempos for what???
    There are alot of basic and advance self defense juijitsu moves for say headlocks, bear hugs, arm grabs, etc, or even ground juijitsu's. Combinations of punches Lt gab,gab Rt hook punch, Lt jab jab, head kick or just shoot for a take down. I never understood the whole kempo sets of combinations. All martial arts teach and train a certain set of skills, punches, kicks and or grappling. I guess if you are making a set of "kempo's" that are good for you then its good stuff, but everybody fights and defends differently. What you use in a fight is going to vary depending on the situation. How can you make skill sets for situations that are so chaotic and unpredictable! It comes down to basic skills in a skirmish and conditioning. When I retooled the orginal 26 combinations for myself I made them so much more different than what they were originally. I incorporated the same basic concepts, but only 3 to 4 actions/movement much like what is taught in boxing and MMA. Mostly how I know I would react if I was hit with a stike or a type of attack. I know others wouldn't react the same, but you all would recognize the moves, strikes or techniques.
    Last edited by Dmachine; 12/11/2008 3:33pm at .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345