Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2008 2:56pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Weight cutting help

I have a Jiu-jitsu competition coming up at the end of November, and I need to cut from 164 to 149. Right now I'm on a high fiber diet, and I'm practicing jiu-jitsu 4 times a week with one day for wrestling and one day for MMA. I'm also running twice a week (about 4 miles a week) and weightlifting once a week.

I'm new to weight cutting, and I need an exercise/training problem that will help me lose the weight I need in time for the competition.

My diet consists of:
    Oatmeal
    salads with chicken twice a day. With regular salad dressing
    diet soda
    water
    milk (chocolate milk in the morning).

Thanks

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 10:53am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Definitely cut out the diet soda. It is slightly better than regular but still not a good thing. How long have you been on your diet and how much have you lost so far?

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really a cutting tip but look at adding interval training to your cardio
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 11:06am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.thedailyplate.com

Track your calories and measure your portions as exactly as possible. Input your height, weight, activity level and weight goals and it will calculate a ballpark of how many calories you should eat every day to meet your goal. Don't forget to input your various excercises daily with your food to account for calories burnt in training.

There are lots of good websites, too, and I'll find some links for you.
    Remember, you will lose 5-10 lbs EASY the last two days by running and cutting out your water intake dramatically to get rid of water weight, so you shouldn't drop all 20lbs right away. If we can get you down to 155-158 walking around, the last 6-9 pounds shouldn't be an issue on cutting day.

Important question- do you know if weigh in is the day of the event or if it is the day before?
    Last edited by BudoMonkey; 10/09/2008 11:09am at .
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 12:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm trying to cut weight as well. As of this morning, 191 lbs and looking to get to 179 lbs by next Saturday. I'm sure its possible with a lot of training and cardio.

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AA, when is your wiegh in?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 1:27pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't advise trying to cut a lot of weight if your weigh-in is on the same day of your fight/competition. You need at least a day to rehydrate your body.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 1:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Day of tournament - Saturday, the 18th.
    Last edited by AA_Punk; 10/09/2008 1:40pm at .

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteel
    I wouldn't advise trying to cut a lot of weight if your weigh-in is on the same day of your fight/competition. You need at least a day to rehydrate your body.
    Indeed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 2:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm new to cutting weight, so I'm just going to go by what I learned from Grapple Arts.

http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast