Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back to RUSSIA, not to PUTIN. You think Putin is the only evil ************ in Russia? Russia IS an evil ************, with tons of corrupt bureacrats and gangsters. Yet for political reasons, Putin is blamed for all of it.

And incidentally, many more journalists were murdered in Russia under Yeltsin. Food for thought.

You have to work the look.

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right first things first:

Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Putin ... [is] barely ever blamed for the mass murder of at least 100.000 Chechens, most of them civilians. He actually DID kill them.
    This might be true, but I'd like you to acknowledge that I did point out his involvement in Chechnea and his callous lack of regard for it's people. I stated this before I talked about Politkovskaya, here I'll quote it for you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    In 1999 he went on record saying "If we catch them in the **** house, we'll whack them in the **** house," and then went on to carpet-bomb Grozny till there was practically nothing left.

Torture, murder? Why bother with extraordinary rendition when you can do it in the convenience of your own home. How about what was going on under Ramzan Kadyrov, the Kremlin-backed Prime Minister of Chechnya?
    Now, why did I even mention Politkovskaya? Is it because I value her life above those of the anonymous dead Chechnyans? No! I'll tell you why I mentioned her: F4n4n had said that Putin had justified his actions in Chechnya as part of the war on terrorism and so were no different to Bush's actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. Anna Politkovskaya's execution provided a concrete example as to why Putin is on a whole other level to Bush.

Now, can I prove Politkovskaya was ordered dead by Putin. Of course not, but it's not exactly a fringe belief, is it?

1) She was trying to expose his boy in Chechnya. She had written a critical book about Putin, the FSB and the Second Chechen War. She hadn't given in to previous threats, including a mock execution during the Beslan School Siege. Killing her was the only way to shut her up.
    2) Several high profile critics of his regime have been kidnapped or killed, often using resources that would be beyond ordinary criminals.

Now I can't be sure that he called in some comic book assasin and said "hey you go kill Anna Politkovskaya", I wouldn't be surprised if it was something more along the lines of "Oh, won't someone rid me of this troublesome reporter?". After all, plausible deniability one of the first things you take care of when you do these kinds of things.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 4:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Yet for political reasons, Putin is blamed for all of it.
    He's the one in charge*. Them's the breaks.

*Not officially top of the chain any more of course, but he still seems to call the shots.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 5:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So anyway, three men were charged with Politkovskaya's murder, and her family's lawyer was due to travel from Strasbourg to Moscow tomorrow for a preliminary hearing.

Thing is, yesterday, she found a substance like mercury in her car and now she's too ill to travel. How strange.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7670518.stm

Achievements:

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 5:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reporter whose name I can't be arsed to spell again really wasn't much of an issue. She was largely unknown in Russia outside of the, what, five liberal democrats they have and her coverage of the Chechen atrocities, while commendable, wasn't ending the career of anyone or even putting a dent into Putin's iron-cast popularity. She was not much threat to Putin, and she stepped on the toes of a lot of dangerous people with her reporting. I'd say it's a lot more likely a military person had her liquidated out of revenge, or it could be for something entirely unrelated to Chechnya entirely.

I feel sorry for Anna. A brave reporter who has gone into history as a useful corpse, prostituted by western media fags and cold warriors in order to blame Putin for all the evils of Eastern Europe.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 5:33pm

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this thread still going?

I find it interesting how some people reflexively start ranting and raving about the "evils" of American foreign policy (sometimes with justification, other times demonstrating a complete lack of objective knowledge of the subject matter) every time the actions of Putin, Kim, Mahmud, and the other usual suspects are called into question.

Its like a person who denounces his wife-beating neighbor being told by the rest of the neighborhood that he has no right to criticize because his father kicked the dog a few times.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 8:15pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775

I find it interesting how some people reflexively start ranting and raving about the "evils" of American foreign policy (sometimes with justification, other times demonstrating a complete lack of objective knowledge of the subject matter) every time the actions of Putin, Kim, Mahmud, and the other usual suspects are called into question.

Its like a person who denounces his wife-beating neighbor being told by the rest of the neighborhood that he has no right to criticize because his father kicked the dog a few times.
    Generally speaking, people in america are more able to influence the behavior of their government than they can, for example, russias on the other side of the globe. So when your government does fucked up things, your obligation to make sure people know about those fucked up things is greater. I would expect morally responsible russian citizens to spend more time bringing russian evils to light than american ones, for example.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 8:54pm

Style: Taijutsu, Hsing I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this thread still going?.
    Lessee, we've got:

1) Putin (Russia) = judo

Other countries?
    2) Luiz Inacio da Silva ( Brazil ) = BJJ or capoeira?
    3) Prime Minister Koizumi ( japan ) = judo or....?
    4) George W. Bush ( US ) = F-104 fighter or crude oil wrestling?
    5) Prime Minister Wen Jiabao ( PRC ) = shiau chiao or....
    6) PM Gordon Brown ( UK ) = Irish bare knuckle boxing or....
    7) Prime Minister Han Seung-soo ( ROK ) = TKD or...
    8) PM François Fillon ( FR ) = savate or...
    9) PM Angela Merkel ( GE ) = messer kombat or...
    10) PM Geir H. HAARDE ( Iceland ) = glima
    Last edited by vaquero de las nalgas; 10/14/2008 8:59pm at .

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 10:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You know I don't justify his actions, I am pointing out that the same **** is going one in the US. On another level? Sure, here and there the US lead, here and there Russia is ahead. That was my point.

On a side note, didn't the Timemagazine had Putin as "Person of the Year" in 2007? So much for your critical jurnalism :bootyshak
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Achievements:

Posted On:
    10/15/2008 3:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    On a side note, didn't the Timemagazine had Putin as "Person of the Year" in 2007? So much for your critical jurnalism :bootyshak
    Time Magazine pick Person of the Year based solely on who they think has done the most to influence events that year. It does not mean they think he's a nice guy in any way.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast