Posted On:
    10/05/2008 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, AJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Strikeistan Website Homepage is up

hey guys.

i have the home page for the strikeistan site up. only the homepage is published. i will finish setting the domain up tomarrow. can some of you give me an honest opinion of what you think so far and i would like ideas on what the strikers would like to see.

i also want to thank phrost for his continued help and advice while starting this venture.

please be honest cause i wont break

http://strikeistan.xbuild.com

thanks again

Posted On:
    10/05/2008 8:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it looks pretty good. I'll definately check it out when it's up and running as I'm much more of a stand up guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2008 10:36pm

Style: Torn rotator cuff rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, I'm not sure what sort of feedback you're looking for but I'll give you what I found on the main page without even clicking anything (please note I am a software tester in my real life -- read as "nit-picky asshole" -- and if you don't want spelling, punctuation, and grammatical help then please disregard the following).

This website is dedicated to all the strinking arts. (Remove the n from strinking.)

if you would like to contribute something to help perpetuate the site, please feel free to do so. Again we wlcome you and thanks for checking us out. (Capitalize the I in if and add an e in the word wlcome.)

This is where we will post a few newer items that we come across. If you want to read more on these particular items you can click the links and go to those particular page. some things we will be featuring will be: (The word page should be made plural to be consistent in the sentence. Capitalize the S in some at the beginning of the second sentence. Also, the first bullet point under this has nothing associated with it.)

Again, if you're looking for feedback on more substantial items then, oops sorry.

Posted On:
    10/05/2008 10:43pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two things which would keep me coming back are:

* Weekly standup fights added via stream.

* Articles written by coaches on tricks for ring fighting, training techniques, whatever.

Also a minor thing, the contender ended a long time ago and most of the people who'd visit your site are big enough MT fans to download the series.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 1:18am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The hell?
    Last edited by Stick; 10/06/2008 1:20am at .

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 2:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...ditto to what the ****.

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 5:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please tell me this endeavor was undertaken with the blessings of Bullshido and you didn't just steal the Strikeistan idea from them.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 7:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    phrost is a good friend of mine and gave me the some advice when i was forming the idea. i put the contender thing on there to go in conjunction with the vs channel showing it (the season aint over yet on the channel)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 7:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by folkhero72
    OK, I'm not sure what sort of feedback you're looking for but I'll give you what I found on the main page without even clicking anything (please note I am a software tester in my real life -- read as "nit-picky asshole" -- and if you don't want spelling, punctuation, and grammatical help then please disregard the following).

This website is dedicated to all the strinking arts. (Remove the n from strinking.)

if you would like to contribute something to help perpetuate the site, please feel free to do so. Again we wlcome you and thanks for checking us out. (Capitalize the I in if and add an e in the word wlcome.)

This is where we will post a few newer items that we come across. If you want to read more on these particular items you can click the links and go to those particular page. some things we will be featuring will be: (The word page should be made plural to be consistent in the sentence. Capitalize the S in some at the beginning of the second sentence. Also, the first bullet point under this has nothing associated with it.)

Again, if you're looking for feedback on more substantial items then, oops sorry.
    thanks for he spelling correction. my spelling does suck at times..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2008 10:26am

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    Please tell me this endeavor was undertaken with the blessings of Bullshido and you didn't just steal the Strikeistan idea from them.
    Agreed.

Bullshido should have a link from the homepage as a nod to its greatness.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast