Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 8:56am

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai (MMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im currently working as a bouncer right now, my first night ended up a brawl involving 20 drunks and 8 of us bouncers, a bloke ended up in a coma and the **** went on even after the cops arrived. Still doing it right now for a living, but lets just say that there is a lot more action than i ever imagined, even after years of clubbing I never realized how many drunken fights occur until i was actually sober and being paid to end them.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 11:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by codo3500
    Im currently working as a bouncer right now, my first night ended up a brawl involving 20 drunks and 8 of us bouncers, a bloke ended up in a coma and the **** went on even after the cops arrived. Still doing it right now for a living, but lets just say that there is a lot more action than i ever imagined, even after years of clubbing I never realized how many drunken fights occur until i was actually sober and being paid to end them.
    Is the ghost of Jeff Heally playing in the background?

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was an excellent read, thanks Danno. It fortified my resolve to never be a bouncer or have to work with drunk/high people in any capacity.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 5:02pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringHeeledJack
    I found your experience a lot different from mine in that you said after that incident you got less reluctant to touch anybody. Over the time I've been doing this work, I've only gotten more violent and aggressive. I guess it just gets harder and harder to put up with people's ****.
    it got easier to be physical at first. but the event i described was a kind of turning point. i still felt incredibly angry for the next few weeks that i was working, but i really didn't want to be there and deal with that stuff any more. i didn't care for the safety of others, didn't care if they were trying to kill each other.

throughout the job my friends were noticing a change in me. even at training i was getting more aggressive in a bad way, finding it hard to hold back on the new guys and so on. i think that when you're getting to this point, it's harming your mind.

good luck with your work though. stay safe and sane, everyone who does this kind of job.

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 12:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing, jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deep story.
    They make elastic work boots in Australia??

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishLuck422 View Post
    Deep story.
    They make elastic work boots in Australia??
    i thought they were common everywhere?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2009 2:21pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From one ex-guard to another, deep respect, the job is quite shitty for the amount we get payed to do.

I worked at embassies, parties and stores.

Thankfully the number of nut jobs i met was far less, except at the parties because of alcohol and women. However the party makers wanted me to just stand outside for 6 hours, making sure people saw me and didnt try anything funny. Some things were going on inside and there was some crying, fighting and emotional drunk break ups but they decided to handle it themselves, for which i am thankful.

However i hated, and i mean HATED working at the embassies, those things fucking sucked. First part was that diplomats and politicians always treated you like dogs, you were a $10 / hour slave (yes, $10, you thought you got payed well, **** no). Their attitude was very abusive and snobby, the problem was that unlike a drunkard being a **** to you that you could just reach a boiling point and after restrain with some accidental ooops elbows and knees, these faggots had political protection and couldnt be touched.

For the most part the visitors and people seeking visas behaved quite well, problem is that they are still citizens of the country the embassy represents, as such you still couldnt go off in their face if they acted stuck up too, and the occasional actual looney bins who did come in saying they are long lost princess's of that country, are usually so old that forcefully removing without harming them wasnt possible. Although we had many other guards, the underpaying and treatment made everyone reluctant to help unless ordered to, so we werent watching each others backs, nobody really wanted to be there.

Some of my friends worked as bouncers at night clubs, they got shot and stabbed, and would tell me stories about how they would take people to the back door and throw them out after a beating or would stomp drunkards down the stairs, when i was new to the proffesion those stories shocked me and i wanted to be the good model guard. 8 months later i would "accidentally" fall on my elbows at someone when taking them down to restrain, it just reaches a point where all that anger and frustration either eats you up on the inside or you start eating other people, i chose the 2nd for a while. Later on i quit and felt like a huge weight got off my chest.

Now its summer time and tuition fees still need to be payed for next year, it has been 2 months and i have yet to get a job. If i dont get a call next week for a job interview as an office clerk or something, i will have to go back to my old job .... sadly .... **** **** **** **** ****.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 12:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** aussie's are some savage mother fuckers....

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 8:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now we know what happens when you give the lower classes protein.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 8:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, great story, danno, glad you're working something better.

ps: i also find myself using caps less.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast