I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 4:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very interesting story well written.

Did you ever consider giving the guy $5 of your own money and asking him to leave?

I would never do security cause I would end up either killed or killing someone.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 4:46am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    Very interesting story well written.

Did you ever consider giving the guy $5 of your own money and asking him to leave?

I would never do security cause I would end up either killed or killing someone.
    yes, i did actually consider doing it. i've seen it done before and it will work occassionally. things just got heated really quickly after i said he had to go.

but some people don't care even if you do offer that, they just want a reason to cause trouble.

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 4:49am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can relate I was a bouncer for just two weeks. (pretty much just did the training at a shithole of a club on the South coast, it was enough to put me off.)

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 4:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man that's why I could never do that job. If I was reasonable and offered someone my own money to leave like they were asking for and acted like a prick I would be extremely angry.

It's why years ago I stopped going to bars and places like that.

Ughh glad you found a better job.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 4:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    Sadly, in this World you don't have to do anything wrong to have some horrible person try to take advantage of you because he feels aggrieved at some personal slight in his life. You know, he was late for Work and got told off; his gf would show him certain affection; he got fired, it goes on....such people are often looking to expiate their ire and hoping for a soft target or someone to test themselves against - and at a time of their advantage.
    yep. people who look to fight usually make sure that they have an excellent chance of winning. they go ou tin numbers, choose soft targets and so on. that's why i have no respect for "street fighters". you don't need an ounce of skill to rack up wins in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    There is a common denominater, in that once they start to lose, they want to call the fight off or alternatively when they get caught by the Police and are looking at Prison time, they start to feel contrite. But this is dishonest, 'cause the only person they feel sorry for is themselves.
    it often goes something like this - they first try to intimidate you. then the physical stuff starts and you restrain them. they threaten to hurt you if you don't get off. finally they realise they can't do anything and play the victim. when the police arrive they act like total bitches and pretend that you've injured them and so on...

the first guy i choked out in the story was telling the cops that i injured his spine. as they were putting him in the car he let his legs dangle out the side like he was paralysed from the waist down. so the cop moved like he was gunna slam the door, and dickhead quickly pulled his legs in.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 5:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one thing i'll say, is that if it didn't feel so understaffed and unsafe all the time the job would have been a lot easier.

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 6:12am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only worked one place where there was only one other doorman and once worke done place solo (a MacDonalds in the Trongate of Glasgow). I worked plenty of other places where the doorman was as much use as a man short ( shitebags, rockets and pissheads all fucking useless). Big places we would have over 20 guys and bus more in from other venues if it was going to kick off. I would work on my own in any venue other than a restaurant.

MacDonalds burger place in Argyle St glasgow always had 2 guys at weekend ninght (none the rest of the time)and we would train new guys there for our team, I got jailed there for fighting three arseholes in the street, I knocked them back, they went to other door where tit lets them in, they verbaly sexualy and racialy abused staff and I put them out, they came back to sort me out and I managed to thump all three of them - unfortunately for me there was a beat cop watching me do it. Even after that I would have got away with a weekend lie-in in the cells if they had not found my blackjack down my boot. The guys who I had fought were lifted as well and when they complained to the sergeant at the charge bar that I had battered them he said they had deserved it becaue it was 3 on 1 and they were fannies for letting me beat them. After that the job started to lose it's attraction.

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 6:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for sharing your story danno, it was a good read.
    "It has often been said that power corrupts. But it is perhaps equally important to realize that weakness, too, corrupts. Power corrupts the few, while weakness corrupts the many. Hatred, malice, rudeness, intolerance, and suspicion are the faults of weakness." - Eric Hoffer

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 8:19am

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a good article for anyone who thinks being a bouncer is glamorous.

Thanks, danno.

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 8:31am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno
    one thing i'll say, is that if it didn't feel so understaffed and unsafe all the time the job would have been a lot easier.
    Exactly. I'm fortunate enough to work at a bar that has a whole gang of loyal, street-tough locals (a lot of bouncers and ex-bouncers mainly) who are there nearly every night. If the bouncers are having any sort of difficulty with some asshole there;s usually someone there to help out. ****, a lot of times we have to keep the locals from stomping the **** out of people who give us problems.

I found your experience a lot different from mine in that you said after that incident you got less reluctant to touch anybody. Over the time I've been doing this work, I've only gotten more violent and aggressive. I guess it just gets harder and harder to put up with people's ****.

Anyway. Good read Danno.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast