Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    10/04/2008 5:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice, Asriel.

My happiness you got the blue has almost made up for the disappointment I felt when I found out this thread wasn't really about masturbation *deletes attachment*.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    10/04/2008 5:50pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    Pauli - Was that your best Miyagi impression?
    alright, i'll spell it out:

it's not about which style you learn, it's about who you're learning it from. the instructor matters more than the material.

but you're a blue belt now, so you should know this.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/05/2008 4:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    alright, i'll spell it out:

it's not about which style you learn, it's about who you're learning it from. the instructor matters more than the material.

but you're a blue belt now, so you should know this.
    Yeah but he's not a blue belt under teh real Gr4c0r lineage.
    you can tell immediately.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    Good job Asriel!

(phhs they give anyone a blue belt these days...)

:-p
    Do you have one?

Seriously?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 10:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    Do you have one?

Seriously?
    no way.
    im just training and learning my positions.
    the blue belts at my class can fold me up easily.
    there's testing in November so someone from the rickson gracie association will drop by, only 2 guys are being considered to be somewhat ready for a stripe test.
    i heared the stories of the last testing Vaghi gave when he was overhere and it sounds like pure fucking horror.

no sir no blue belt test for me for the next 5 years.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 10:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stigander - Thanks and why is your name in Red?

Sochin - We can do that via PM

Pauli - I get ya loud and clear. My old Judo teacher was an aggressive old bastard and although he'd show me the throws according to his curriculum, he'd also tell me which ones I should and shouldn't use due to body size/weight etc. As i said, he only charges 4 a class so I think I'll go back there when I can.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 12:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats on the Blue Belt! Good job.

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 1:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheers Dude!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123