Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2008 9:52am

Style: bjj brown belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke
    Mat Hughes is a BJJ white belt.
    Umm...Are you sure about that? Because last time I checked Matt was promoted to Black belt after he walked throught Royce Gracie.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/07/2008 10:09am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gandp1120
    Umm...Are you sure about that? Because last time I checked Matt was promoted to Black belt after he walked throught Royce Gracie.
    Link please.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/07/2008 7:06pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I'm not sure, I was just pointing out the semantics. As has everyone else. The only thing I was wondering was how the guys skills are on the ground. I've seen BJJ white belts at tournaments that were beating blues and purples. Then you talked to them and they had college wrestling backgrounds. So the skill level gets a little hazy when you just mention someone's belt color.

I looked on that guys site and I saw that he mentioned jiujitsu in the description of what they are teaching. So you would think he had trained in it a little. He didn't claim to be teaching any Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. So that is how he will probably defend it.

I did see the pictures of two people on the ground where one was in the other's guard. But it looked like both were white belts.

If the people wanted to teach Gracie Jiu-jitsu at their school and they had any since. All they would have to do is go to one of those teacher certifications that the Gracie Academy is doing for school owners. They certify you to teach Gracie Jiu-jitsu without being a Black belt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 4:52pm

Style: kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :pottytrai [quote=CJJScout]Rock Solid Karate

] I would like to know of this " shute fighting " that they speak of !

Is it like Shoot fighting ?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I don't see where they say "shute" on their site. Also, this has nothing to do with the original question. It adds nothing to the investigation. Read the rules before you post in MABS. You might end up having your posts moved and if kept up, a temporary ban. Why does thin nOOb have to keep teaching the new nOObs? :sad7:

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 6:01pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone ever contact these folks about their MMA credentials or did this fade away?

Edit: Ok, I'm looking into this.
    Last edited by Kintanon; 11/04/2008 6:05pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 8:48am

Style: kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog
    Sorry, I don't see where they say "shute" on their site. Also, this has nothing to do with the original question. It adds nothing to the investigation. Read the rules before you post in MABS. You might end up having your posts moved and if kept up, a temporary ban. Why does thin nOOb have to keep teaching the new nOObs? :sad7:
    Hey there fella, take it easy, if you look on the instructor page you will see they have there training and comp background. He says he is trained in Shute fighting, a combo of striking and ground defence. Now, i know of shoot fighting, ie Bart Vale, the promotions of Shooto, hook n shoot but never shute fighting, mabey he got it mixed up with Chute box, witch is a School and fight team. I first entered the dojo and steped on the tatami in 1984, so i have been around awile and all i was getting at was if i see on a web site that some one does judough, jew jitzu or carroty, be a little weary. I googled shute fighting and came up with only one refrence and it also mentioned " Gracy " jujitsu.

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 1:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj, muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basically, they had their instructor start training with a legit Black belt and professional fighter in the area in January. By june/july, this prodigy began teaching MMA and judo/jiujitsu whatever. The reason the guy couldn't give CJJscout any kind of lineage is because he is a whitebelt and is horribly inexperienced in MMA. If pressed, they will comment that they have some kind of certification via MAUI (Martial Arts University International, I think).

Before they started the mma program, they had a traditional japanese jiujitsu instructor for several months. I'm not sure if the current instructor was awarded any rank via this guy but I have a sinking feeling that he wasn't. prior to that, they had contacted me (pedro sauer purple belt) about possibly teaching bjj which fell through. Looking back, I'm glad I am not involved with their school. I know this via people who trained at the legit figher/blackbelt's school confirming the prodigy's training and from first hand experience.

edit: for additional info
    Last edited by cdcolquitt; 11/05/2008 1:24pm at .

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 2:24pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, what's up cdcolquitt :)

So this place is the next in a line of McMMA clubs...great.

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj, muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey sambosteve, seems we traffic the same sights, eh?

i've been a lurker here for a while. I really like the purpose. Too bad we're fighting an uphill battle. This is probably the second place I've encountered in my hometown but I've not been searching. The other was a Gold's gym guy that was teaching MMA out of the gym (someone originally posted on MMA.tv). I'm afraid it will only get worse.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast