Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 8:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    You know I do have a 2nd dan in TKD right? Yeah...showed you bitch...
    That's you? I thought you wrote that you were the one filming. You need to work on your spin kick a bit. Of course, the only video I have of myself doing a spin kick sparring is one in which I totally whiff the target, but then that's why it's called "the lottery kick." Also, my hands and footwork totally suck in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[yt]wdIMTzgo-rY
    Last edited by TEA; 10/01/2008 8:35pm at .
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:01pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mean work on my spin kick where I'm pulling it and not trying to make contact? (I'm holding up 1 finger. You want to guess which one?)

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (I'm holding up 1 finger. You want to guess which one?)
    Your thumb? :angel2:
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 5:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mean work on my spin kick where I'm pulling it and not trying to make contact?
    No. I don't mean being off ballance because you were pulling it. At 2:05 in the first video, you rush the initial part of your spin kick so it swings wide. Your kick had already reached the peak potential in its arc when it was two to three feet in front of Bobby's face. It's a pretty common mistake, especially when under a bit of stress with having to worry about somone entering in and punching you in the face before you launch the kick. For some reason, I tend to have this same problem more often with my right leg spin kicks than with my left leg spin kicks. In fact, looking at the video I posted, my kick is a bit wide, too.

Feel free to make fun of my crappy footwork, lack of head motion, lack of follow up, and shitty punches in exchange for my critique.

Oh, and I appreciate the thumbs up. :icon_thum
    Last edited by TEA; 10/02/2008 5:09pm at .
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 8:25pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This just in for

Omega, I just got a new heavy bag and was testing it out for the first time today. Since I really I am trying to point out a matter of technique and not trying to bust your chops (bad idea anyway, since you could most probably bust mine harder) I am willing to set myself up for further ridicule with this video my wife shot this evening. I actually threw a couple of spin kicks at 0:27 and 0:30 just to try and illustrate this point. If you can bear through my crappiness to get to those points in this clip, you can see that the kick at 0:27 (my right leg spin kick) peaks before it hits the bag. This robs it of power and gives my opponent more time to react and counter. The one at 0:30, while not great form, does peak at the correct time, when it makes contact with the target. This optimizes power and reduces the amount of time my kick is in my opponent's peripheral vision, which means less reaction time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[yt]8ydJX-2_yqg
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 11:53pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TEA, try REALLY rotating those hips over on the round kicks. It will help. Push the hip through.
    On the side kicks it just looked like you were a bit jammed, and your upper body was still down, bring it up and get the hands up to keep from losing balance (The run/fall back after kick effect).

Nice bag :)

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    10/03/2008 12:04am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your punching sucks.

Also, I kick much better than you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2008 10:47am

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try and keep your hands in tighter when you spin instead of letting them fly out and try not to let your knee flare so much on the spinning rear kick.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2008 11:28am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    No. I don't mean being off ballance because you were pulling it. At 2:05 in the first video, you rush the initial part of your spin kick so it swings wide. Your kick had already reached the peak potential in its arc when it was two to three feet in front of Bobby's face. It's a pretty common mistake, especially when under a bit of stress with having to worry about somone entering in and punching you in the face before you launch the kick. For some reason, I tend to have this same problem more often with my right leg spin kicks than with my left leg spin kicks. In fact, looking at the video I posted, my kick is a bit wide, too.

Feel free to make fun of my crappy footwork, lack of head motion, lack of follow up, and shitty punches in exchange for my critique.

Oh, and I appreciate the thumbs up. :icon_thum
    First things first. You need to understand what was going on in that video before you criticize my spin kick. I have no problem saying when my technique is bad. I've stated many times over the years when it was. You're missing the part where he's kicking my hip and stopping the momentum of the spin. Bobby did a really good move that's why I duplicated it over and over in the video.

I except critique when it's correct. You're not correct in this case.

Posted On:
    10/03/2008 11:32am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that what happened? I'd wondered, but wasn't sure.

It's hard to tell in the video.

I assumed it wasn't just a clumsy kick or you wouldn't have replayed it, but I can see where he got mixed up.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast