I like your style!!!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 12:23am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That front kick with the toes outward to the knee is common enough in savate. I like swinging it to the shin or stomping above the knee to stop a kick or to disrupt their momentum. Its a perfectly good kick that could only break the knee under certain circumstances with the intent to break the knee.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 2:09am

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    about destroying teh knees,

i used to have to train with a guy when i still did sanda.
    this guy came from traditional kf background in which he was a high ranking instructor, nowadays he has his own school.

anyway, he would do those ´inward stamps´ on my knees, you see them a lot in kungfu forms.
    it hurts but it never snapped my knees, it only pissed me off and motivated me to hurt him even more.
    he also had more weight on me and his stamps were full on.
    so much for the stamp the knee theory.
    How bent was your knee when it was struck?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 7:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bit
    How bent was your knee when it was struck?
    ehr...i guess just mt stance bent, so not 90 degrees curve but also not too hight.
    the trick is with those inwards stamps to time it correctly.

why you asking?

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 7:24am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    That front kick with the toes outward to the knee is common enough in savate. I like swinging it to the shin or stomping above the knee to stop a kick or to disrupt their momentum. Its a perfectly good kick that could only break the knee under certain circumstances with the intent to break the knee.
    Yeah some kneekicks when timed correctly (which i feel is hard enough already) can really frustrate someones movement.
    but its damaging to the knees.
    when that guy did it on me i wasnt out of the fight, but my knees would hurt for 2 days sometimes.
    he was an asshole for doing it.

personally i prefer lowkicking the inside front leg just above the knee.
    you bend over a bit backwards slam it up and see how strong his stance is or how light and at what speed he reacts.

my fav. combination: inside leg kick, switch in one movement to jab, then whatever depends on how open he is.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 7:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: HKD+MT+BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MMA is one of the strongest Martial Arts ever .. thats for sure .. but for it to win every match agianst every martial art is pure redicilous .. its not about the martial art, its all about the fighter

and I am the biggest example on what i just said .. back in the days when i was practicing pure Hapkido I fought against a veterian MMA fighter who trained for 6 years and claimed undefeated .. at the time i was knowledgable of the real power of muay thai and brazilian jiu-jitsu but i was eager to fight this style and check it out , its true that there is no way i can proof it but i beated that guy to the pulp and he couldnt even reach me with a single punch (he did pass my gaurd with a sudden spinning elbow close to my nick but it didnt reach thankfully) .. what im trying to say is training hard every single day will make you beat strong martial arts .. and again i say its not about the martial art, its all about the fighter.

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 7:43am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    Of all things why a "heel kick to the kidneys"
    Er, um, we teach that as part of our syllabus. It's a variation of Outer Reap of the leg when you feel resistence, heel kick the kidney and then reap the standing leg.

Not sure if I'd have the whit to do it for real outside the dojo. I'd probably just apologise and move on.

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 7:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by skyrage
    MMA is one of the strongest Martial Arts ever .. thats for sure .. but for it to win every match agianst every martial art is pure redicilous .. its not about the martial art, its all about the fighter

and I am the biggest example on what i just said .. back in the days when i was practicing pure Hapkido I fought against a veterian MMA fighter who trained for 6 years and claimed undefeated .. at the time i was knowledgable of the real power of muay thai and brazilian jiu-jitsu but i was eager to fight this style and check it out , its true that there is no way i can proof it but i beated that guy to the pulp and he couldnt even reach me with a single punch (he did pass my gaurd with a sudden spinning elbow close to my nick but it didnt reach thankfully) .. what im trying to say is training hard every single day will make you beat strong martial arts .. and again i say its not about the martial art, its all about the fighter.
    ehr....maybe the mma guy was just lying?
    i find it really hard to believe what you just posted.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 7:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by skyrage
    and I am the biggest example on what i just said .. back in the days when i was practicing pure Hapkido I fought against a veterian MMA fighter who trained for 6 years and claimed undefeated .. at the time i was knowledgable of the real power of muay thai and brazilian jiu-jitsu but i was eager to fight this style and check it out , its true that there is no way i can proof it but i beated that guy to the pulp and he couldnt even reach me with a single punch (he did pass my gaurd with a sudden spinning elbow close to my nick but it didnt reach thankfully)
    What was his name?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast