Thread: What to do...

Style
    Wrestling,Thai Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What to do...

So... wrestling season is coming right around the corner (I'm in high school) and i've also been training in Muay Thai/ Thai Boxing since the end of August. During the summer months, I studied some Judo in hopes that it would compliment my wrestling. Now that the season is starting, it's going to be a hassle commuting from wrestling practice to MT (since i live approx 1 and a half hrs away from school and MT place -.-) in addition to all my schoolwork... Should I suspend MT training and concentrate solely on wrestling? Go back to my local Judo place and wrestle too? Just wrestle...?:help:

TKDBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, cheesymac417, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ... Join us... or die
    Style
    KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, hi at BS :icon_salu
    Second, you should know what you want, do you want to wrestle or train MT? Get your priorities straight.
    Third, I doubt that there is no MT school closer to you, in NY you find those schools like rats in the subway. So you might have to change your MT school.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrestling is often hard to find as an adult, not so Muay Thai.

Focus on wrestling now, but don't let anyone pressure you into consistently cutting a lot of weight. That is definitely not good for young people.

Style
    Wrestling,Thai Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    First of all, hi at BS :icon_salu
    Second, you should know what you want, do you want to wrestle or train MT? Get your priorities straight.
    Third, I doubt that there is no MT school closer to you, in NY you find those schools like rats in the subway. So you might have to change your MT school.
    Well, I live in a residential neighborhood where there's no subway stations... the closest MT place to me is Progressive Martial Arts. Apparently at PMA it is mandatory that all students 16 and under take the teen class. To learn MT (which is reserved for the adult students,) I must pay a fee in addition to the normal program, that is, when I'm over 17... Now that doesn't sound very appealing. :XXchicken
    Last edited by cheesymac417; 10/11/2008 1:20pm at .

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As said above, wrestling is harder to come by for adults, whereas muay thai (and especially) judo are easier to find.

If you can keep up the occasional judo class too or find a closer muay thai school, all the better, but i'd focus on wrestling (and school work!) for now.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah man enjoy wrestling while you really can in high school. Then get out of high school and do your Muay Thai hardcore.

Style
    Boxing, Combatives, KSW
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where do you practice judo?

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like MT, Judo is also easy to find as an adult. Also, if you have goals you would like to hit as a wrestler, i.e., win districts, states, go to nationals, etc, etc., all that will come to a sharp end if you are hurt by landing wrong from a throw in Judo.

Focus on your wrestling while you can. Welcome to BS.

Style
    Wrestling,Thai Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Fist
    Where do you practice judo?
    mm... in Queens, New York? Do you know of any places here?