Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 8:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Striking Bullshido (story thread)

We've all heard stories about the no touch KO's, the anti-crapplers, and teh pressure points.

Anyone ever encounter stand up striking bullshido? Crazy stories of lightning fast punches? Kicks that can break steel? The ability to perform the deadly "nose bone in brain palm strike"?

The worst striking bullshido I ever heard was from a Pua Kwa/Shotokan school my friend Nick used to go to as a kid. I was told that his sensei used to threaten people who didn't listen by snatching their eyes out (literally). Other crazy **** about how he used to fight bare handed with just gi pants in Kumite torneys back in Japan to the death. Whatever typical douche baggery.

The best part was when he started to go in detail about how he could beat up any MMA guy with just his kata because in MMA the fighters are so used to fighting with their hands up and their chins tucked (you know, fighting smart) that they wouldn't know how to deal with someone NOT doing it (because leaving your self OPEN confuses the **** out of people... yeah... I wish I was making this up). So yeah... watch out competent strikers! Keeping your hands up is bad! Don't you tuck that chin! Lets see some chambered punches damn it!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 8:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well there is such thing as competent strikers, but normally their name is Cung Le...

I think the biggest holy grail of shotokan while I was with those folks was the "one punch kill". I would practice rounds on a heavy bag (*GASP*) to build up endurance and combinations. Of course according to sensei numb nuts, if I needed combinations then my one punch kill wasn't good enough.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 8:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing Chun

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I well for striking Bullshido. When I was stationed at Fort Sill and training and competing at a Kyokushin gym we pulled our money together to buy almost all John LaTourrette's (aka The Speedman) tapes, which came with xerox copied "books". They were a huge pile of ****. We returned them for a refund.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:19pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From my time in Kyuki-Do, I can pull out a lot of things I would consider "bullshido". For example, doing punching drills while standing in the horse stance. There's just something about doing 100 punches in a faux Bruce Lee fashion while standing still. Not only is there ridiculous telegraphing (a word I didn't see until I read a Loren Christenson novel 3 years ago) it doesn't provide a very strong punch and there was no guard. Hands were put to the side parallel to the ground. It took years to deprogram myself from punching like that.

There was also the perennial favorite: the flying side kick or as we called it "the dragon kick." Why I was forced to run at the hanging punching bag, jump and kick at it is beyond me. It's completely useless in a real fight, although I have seen it pulled in "teh street" (if you consider the hallways of my high school "teh street".) Basically some Bruce Lee nut rider dragon kicked a Greaser (leather jacket and all) in the back. The Greaser promptly got up and broke the kid's nose. Sad part was the Greaser ended up with back issues yet he was the one to get suspended from school. So, the only time a flying side kick works is when you use it on someone with their back turned.

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good stories so far, just a quick note. I just finished making veal with jerk sauce, and my pieces came out a bit pink in the middle. It's tastes fine but one piece was really chewy and since it was small I didn't have to cut it and see how much pink was in the middle.

Is veal more prone to give you a worm?

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kyuki-Do! Now there's a name I haven't heard on here in a while...

(lol, it sounds like "cookie dough," geddit?!)

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:25pm

Style: RBSD, brazilian ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DunkelAnanas
    From my time in Kyuki-Do, I can pull out a lot of things I would consider "bullshido". For example, doing punching drills while standing in the horse stance. There's just something about doing 100 punches in a faux Bruce Lee fashion while standing still. Not only is there ridiculous telegraphing (a word I didn't see until I read a Loren Christenson novel 3 years ago) it doesn't provide a very strong punch and there was no guard. Hands were put to the side parallel to the ground. It took years to deprogram myself from punching like that.

There was also the perennial favorite: the flying side kick or as we called it "the dragon kick." Why I was forced to run at the hanging punching bag, jump and kick at it is beyond me. It's completely useless in a real fight, although I have seen it pulled in "teh street" (if you consider the hallways of my high school "teh street".) Basically some Bruce Lee nut rider dragon kicked a Greaser (leather jacket and all) in the back. The Greaser promptly got up and broke the kid's nose. Sad part was the Greaser ended up with back issues yet he was the one to get suspended from school. So, the only time a flying side kick works is when you use it on someone with their back turned.
    it also works on WWII veterans. go to the VA and try it out.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    Good stories so far, just a quick note. I just finished making veal with jerk sauce, and my pieces came out a bit pink in the middle. It's tastes fine but one piece was really chewy and since it was small I didn't have to cut it and see how much pink was in the middle.

lol, no.

and any worm you'd get, you wouldn't really be able to taste, anyway.

Microscopic, the eggs are.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:30pm

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli

If you mean a parasitic worm, then yes you now have one; it's what you get for eating veal.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast