Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 4:44pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shall we move this to the Product Review section?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 11:28pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah that spring or similiar that bsk found it works well.
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 11:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by billy sol hurok
    Presumably, something like this.
    Hmm, $13 and shipping and handlin seems a bit steep for what looks like a pretty basic extension spring. I wonder how much more heavy duty it is than this one I can pick up down the street at the local hardware store. Unfortunately, they don't list any of the tech specs for the Century spring (or really many for the Ringside, either), so it's kind of hard to compare them.

P.S. Thanks for moving the thread, Pizdoff.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/31/2008 8:19am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    Hmm, $13 and shipping and handlin seems a bit steep for what looks like a pretty basic extension spring. I wonder how much more heavy duty it is than this one I can pick up down the street at the local hardware store. Unfortunately, they don't list any of the tech specs for the Century spring (or really many for the Ringside, either), so it's kind of hard to compare them.

P.S. Thanks for moving the thread, Pizdoff.
    well since the spring at your local hardware store is so much cheaper, you can afford to experiment and see what works.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2008 9:05am

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    well since the spring at your local hardware store is so much cheaper, you can afford to experiment and see what works.
    True enough. For that matter, buy it from some big-box like Lowes or Home Despot so you can return it easily if unsuitable.

NB: The one I linked to is rated for 150#; they carry a cheaper one rated for 70# bags too. I only point that out because the length & strength of the DIY spring will be a factor (guessing, for instance, that a garage door spring wouldn't be appropriate).

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    10/31/2008 6:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by billy sol hurok
    True enough. For that matter, buy it from some big-box like Lowes or Home Despot so you can return it easily if unsuitable.

NB: The one I linked to is rated for 150#; they carry a cheaper one rated for 70# bags too. I only point that out because the length & strength of the DIY spring will be a factor (guessing, for instance, that a garage door spring wouldn't be appropriate).
    As per the original post, I now live in BFE (actuall, Bum **** North Texas), so the only choice is to local hardware stores or Walmart.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12