Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 6:05am

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    yeah its like someone's dog takes a **** in front of your house and you can sue the owner for emotional damage for let's say...ehr..one million dollar.

this really happened in the usa: some woman got coffee on her and it didnt say on the cup the coffee was hot.
    she won the lawsuit and got a hefty sum of money.

buahaha
    What I read from the above is => STUPIDITY + CRYBABY X will to SUE = Excellent survival skillz in tha states.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 6:50am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The krotty instructor looks awfully familiar...hmm.... where have I seen him before....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 7:39am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    I woyld like to hear your oppinions on the video, beacause it not only has a fucking TV Judge, a Krotty instructor, and a bitch ass, it's just......

I don't know what to make of this, your thoughts?
    Wow. Well, I think it's safe to assume there's no sparring at THAT school. If the kid was so squeamish he couldn't even get yelled at without being embarrassed to the point of quitting, could you imagine what'd happen if he took a smack to the face?

There was definitely the stank of McDojo'ism on that school, too. Three Black Tips for a Red Tip. Belts and Advanced Belts. Annual contracts paid in advance. That said, $1300 for a year's worth of training isn't a bad price, compared to a lot of the McDojos out there.

Altogether, the fat kid doesn't need martial arts-- he needs to stop being a pampered mama's boy.

--Joe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 7:47am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some people have a higher expectation that their children will be treated well. I'm sure that if this guy had acted like he had for 4 years there would have been no problem. The teacher is in the wrong and probably should have apologized and explained why they didn't get their stripes, or whatever the fark they call em. My guess is he was upset about life and decided to be a douche bag on this particular night.

If the kid was a serial whiner, he probably wouldn't have lasted 4 years, don't you think?

That being said his mom should have tried to mediate better, between her son and the teacher, but damn right she should be able to get her tuition back. Was there talk of damages? I didn't get that....

This BS the McDojo world tries to continuously lay on people about not getting their money back, by saying it's customary, is just crap. Even if the contract states it, it's not always what the laws of the land will support.

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 8:54am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    this really happened in the usa: some woman got coffee on her and it didnt say on the cup the coffee was hot.
    she won the lawsuit and got a hefty sum of money.
    You need some more facts:

Stella Liebeck, 79, received third-degree burns over 6 per cent of her skin, and lesser burns on 16 per cent. She required skin grafts, and a further two years of treatment.

During the trial, it was revealed that McDonald's policy was to keep their coffee at 180190 F (8288 C), which would cause third degree burns in two to seven seconds. In a 10-year period, McDonald's had received 700 reports of scalding injuries from their coffee.

The parties settled out of court, for less than $600,000.

Just ain't such a fun story when you actually have some facts, eh?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 8:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hollpwnt

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper
    You need some more facts:

Stella Liebeck, 79, received third-degree burns over 6 per cent of her skin, and lesser burns on 16 per cent. She required skin grafts, and a further two years of treatment.

During the trial, it was revealed that McDonald's policy was to keep their coffee at 180190 F (8288 C), which would cause third degree burns in two to seven seconds. In a 10-year period, McDonald's had received 700 reports of scalding injuries from their coffee.

The parties settled out of court, for less than $600,000.

Just ain't such a fun story when you actually have some facts, eh?
    Actually, it's still quite a fun story, because even considering the extent of her injury, and even considering that other morons had done it before, the woman still got more than a half-million dollars because she was stupid enough to drive with hot coffee between her thighs.

The woman acted foolishly and irresponsibly, and earned herself $500,000 and international acclaim for it.

--Joe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:09am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He claims to be a BJJ blue belt under Cesar Gracie...

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:20am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by retrograde
    He claims to be a BJJ blue belt under Cesar Gracie...
    Bob Langley and his wife Tracey were married Aug. 17...
    He was married on my birthday.

Just thought I'd share that. :angel7:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast