Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2003 5:38pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Peede, could you defeat Shannon Logan

if you were to meet her back then in the NAGC tournament instead of the asian guy she defeated, you think you could of beaten her if you fought her first:confused:

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/16/2003 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats a good question man! Based on the way the guy she fought looked and rolled I would say no. Thats because her cardio was strong enough to wear him down and her skill neutralized him. Shes got great technique too. And that guy looked stronger than I was too. So she beat a guy who was stronger than me and who looked like a pretty capable wrestler. So I think I would have lost lol. No shame in that either man I'm sure she would tap out ALOT of people. Why anyone would want to pass her guard is beyond me though. I would fight to stay there.

She did good against Nick Cottone in the finals. I think I wrestled him in a NAGA one time and he made me his biitch embarassingly. He's small too but a sick wrestler who never gets tired. She gave him HELL to pass her guard. The only reason he submitted her is because he's got insane cardio.

He was kind of rough and then during the match Joe Scarola from team Renzo Gracie walks right across the mat while the match is in progress and shoulder butts Cottone on his way to sit ringside and watch lol. People made a big deal out of it but I thought it was funny. Cottone was a little rough but you had a very tense situation: A guy who truly NEEDS to use all of his ability and advantages to beat the person in front of him; she just happens to be a girl.

I think shannon fought Laura D'August from team TSK and lost in MMA. Shes a tough cookie also and is undefeated in MMA with a record of like 6-0. She'll be a big name after 1 more win because the only people left for her to fight are people like Debbie Purcell. She's beaten everyone else.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2003 5:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think Cottone needed to do what need to be done to defeat Shannon Logan. So mostly he was in her guard through out most of the match??? For what i have beeing seeing is that Team Renzo keeps coming up on TOP in the teams points. Are they the best school in the east cost

Laura D'A did fought Shannon Logan 3 times. one time was the MMA match where she destroyed Shannon hands down. No excuses, she took Shannon out of her game and neutralize Shannons grown game and made her pay for it.

the other two times was during the Grappling contests in NAGA. Shannon won the first meeting by armbar. Laura didnt know where she was and what she was doing and just stood up and made the armbar secure for Shannon Logan to apply. She that in an interview. She also said in that interview that she never practice in getting out of an Armbar because she never had that experience while trainning. I had to admitt that she was impressive in that showing agains Shannon

The second time was different, it was battle between the two ladies but Laura was the more agrressor and took it to Shannon, and won by Advantage points. it was crazy cause she admitted that she didnt know she was fighting shannon after she defeated her. Damn that Laura is a quick learner

I couldnt find any info on her in beating the men. Do you have any info

Shannon Logan is doing wrestling in oregon as we speak, she is trying to go the olympics!!

Um one more thing, how are your skills now, are you a purple belt.? Do you think you could defeat both Shannon and Laura?