Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 8:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

WT is way better for the street Gracie self defense tecniques I've seen are nonsense

. I like WT and I think it's effective for self defense and street fighting. I have sparred with some grappling guys who are not experts and they can easily take me down and put me on a chokehold or lock. I don't worship WT and I think Royce could have beaten Emin . I think Bjj is a way more effective for no holds barred sports fights . I don't know how street fights are there in the States but here people get killed very often in them, usually stabbbed or beaten to death by people that just get involved in the fights( friends or family of one of the fighters). I do know that fights often end up in the ground but staying on it to fight is not a chance here .You will only get killed, WT in my opinion, is better for self defense because It gives you the oportinity to run away (yeah you read that right...). Whatever people say, Sports are sports and street fighting is street fighting( I'm not saying challenge matches, I mean street fighting to save your life, not to prove how tough you are)However agree that I'd love to see some WT guys showing what they can do in a MMA fight, is not that they are so limited in their arsenal that they can't make the system work. And I do believe they have to prove it in the mixed martial arts arena although they will need grappling to have a fair chance
    Last edited by swordmasterfire; 10/02/2008 12:19pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 8:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello.

Welcome to MABS (Martial Arts BS, Fraud, Investigations, and Standards).

I have moved your post to newbietown because, you tried to resurrect a thread with your opinion. The opinion you added includes _ing _un lineage, Street debates, anecdotal stories, and silly statements like:
    I don't know how street fights are there in the States but here people get killed very often in them. usually stabbbed up to 35 times or beaten to death by people that just get involved in the fights( friends or family of one of the fighters).

Please read the stickies. I'm giving you a chance but, I have a sneaky feeling this will end up in YMAS.

Also, you added nothing to a basically three year old thread.
    Challenging Emin Boztepe - No BS Martial Arts
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/01/2008 8:48pm at .

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it's the MMA fighters' fault for not using WT? Not the WT fighters faults' for not competing? That is so fucking retarded I want to **** my pants.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:20pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We all know since _ing _un doesn't work in the ring, where people hit hard, it will work better on Teh Str33t, where people hit hard.

Oh man, this is going to be a great thread.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, I missed that part in the jumbled mess. Welcome to YMAS.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by swordmasterfire
    I just think this is really stupid. I like WT and I think it's effective for self defense and street fighting. I have sparred with some grappling guys who are nor experts and they can easily take me down and put me on a chokehold or lock. I don't worship WT and I think Royce could have beaten Emin but I don't care. I think Bjj is a way more effective for no holds barred sports fights , but I live in a very dangerous country in South America. I don't know how street fights are there in the States but here people get killed very often in them. usually stabbbed up to 35 times or beaten to death by people that just get involved in the fights( friends or family of one of the fighters). I do know that fights often end up in the ground but staying on it to fight is not a chance here .You will only get killed, WT is way better for the street specially Ebmas in my opinion. Besides the Gracie self defense tecniques I've seen are nonsense., I challenge you to try them in my country. Whatever people say, Sports are sports and street fighting is street fighting.( I'm not saying challenge matches, I mean street fighting to save your life, not to prove how tough you are)However agree that I'd love to see some WT guys showing what they can do ina MMA fight, is not that they are so limited in their arsenal that they can't make the system work.
    Just in case you go the delete route. This post has every cliche I have heard concerning Sport vs Street.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:29pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Just in case you go the delete route. This post has every cliche I have heard concerning Sport vs Street.
    I hope he doesn't delete it, it's more fun when you catch these threads early.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think what he says has some merit I mean with one on one in the ring I can't bring three of my jiu jitsu buddies to beat his ass even more and also simultaneously armbar, kimura, and knee bar him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:31pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, you're a fucking troll.

Second off, it's hilarious that you are from South America and are saying BJJ doesn't work in the streets, even though it was developed by street fighting Brazilians.

The irony is deliciou.s

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:38pm

Style: Getting less fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Swordmasterfire, your level of awesomeness is difficult at best to recreate in a laboratory setting.
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast