Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 6:18pm

Style: Hapmudo &other randomness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Arnis/Escrima/Kali in Boca/Ft Laud?

I know, ATT Boca, ATT Boca. It sounds great, I have looked into it before, but I just plain don't have enough time to devote to training BJJ to do credit to it and my wife and baby don't really feel like grappling with me just so I can practice when I am at home.

I do just about cream myself over A/E/K but I don't really see any down this way. Tampa has some, but never got to try it there. Now I am in Deerfield and want to look into it. Anyone know if there is any down here and more importantly, know if they are any good. I seem to recall finding some mention of one before I moved here, but when I checked the website it looked more like it had closed years ago.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 10:42am

Style: fma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't know about deerfield or boca, but there are garimot arnis practitioners all over that area, from west palm to pompano to ft. lauderdale and miami. the man himself is in pembroke pines.

http://www.garimot.com/

tim

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 6:20pm

Style: Hapmudo &other randomness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, ok, I did see that one before. It looks like it is more focused on grappling than weapon work. If I were going to grapple, I WOULD just go BJJ. Also it doesn't really talk about any class schedule except for mentioning a school in WPB. Maybe I will contact them and see if they have anything regular down this way other than the seminars the website pimps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2008 12:58pm

Style: fma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnustampa
    Yeah, ok, I did see that one before. It looks like it is more focused on grappling than weapon work. If I were going to grapple, I WOULD just go BJJ. Also it doesn't really talk about any class schedule except for mentioning a school in WPB. Maybe I will contact them and see if they have anything regular down this way other than the seminars the website pimps.
    i can guarantee that they're not more focused on grappling than weapon work.

tim

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2008 4:49pm

Style: MT noob, BJJ even noober

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Magnustampa:

I'd be interested to see what your follow-up led you to. A buddy of mine had asked me about FMA down my way in Miami and I wasn't sure what direction to point him to.