Sponsored Links Spacer Image

is badder than you

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 11:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $6 for 0.3oz? Man, I've been getting hosed. Need to start buying that stuff in bulk.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much have you been paying for that good ****????
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

is badder than you

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 4:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Local pharmacy's charging $10 for, IIRC, 0.1oz. Might not be directly comparable by volume, I dunno, but I burned through two tubes (Krazy Glue format) really quickly.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 4:47pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No way dude. Change pharmacies or brand. I've never paid more than $7 for a 0.3z bottle.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

is badder than you

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 4:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll keep looking. Was hoping I'd find a jumbo package of it at Costco, but no joy. Maybe Wal-mart?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 6:31pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reply guys.

I'll rule out the showering issue, because firstly the rash appeared immediately after training (not enough time to have a shower before it appeared). Secondly, I always shower after training!

I'll look at the rashguard - it's generally frowned upon in judo though! I have 4 gis which I cycle and obviously wash after each session (who doesn't?).

I've always had eczema and to be honest this looks the same, but it doesn't itch/cause any discomfort. I think it's just a case of rashguard+gi from now on!

Thanks guys.

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 7:09pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, did you just change laundry detergents or fabric softeners or anything? It could just be a bit of an allergic reaction.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 3:30pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    I hit up the pharmacy while grocery shopping today. Swung two 1oz (not 0.1oz) bottles of that same brand, brush-on, for $17.58 total with tax. The price spread is stupefying.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/17/2008 1:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So maybe this is obvious to everyone here and this post is a dumb necro, but I felt like Archimedes in the tub when I figured it out.

PROTIP #1: The stuff takes a long time to dry on its own. For faster drying, use a source of hot, dry air - hairdryer, electric hand dryer, or if you don't have access to those, a furnace vent works a treat.
    PROTIP #2: Fresh wounds ooze fluid that screws up the adhesion and sealing process. Dabbing it off irritates the wound and causes more to be secreted. Solution? Dry it off before applying the liquid bandage in the same manner as given above.

Again, maybe everyone else has already figured these out, but they made a world of difference for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    12/17/2008 7:15am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do rashguards also help with nipple iritation? I'm like the virgin Mary of Judo, my nipples are crying blood.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast