Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2008 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting Ronin, I only searched for a link between Clive and Inosanto. My google search for Clive, JKD, without Emil ("clive mckenzie" jkd -emil) turned up nothing but youtube clips:

"clive mckenzie" jkd -emil - Google Search

Now Clive does have a youtube channel with hundreds of videos on it. A search of "JKD" reveals 34 videos, most of which I haven't really cared to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...arch_query=jkd

So we've seen that there really is a Clive McKenzie claiming to do JKD, but no solid connection to Inosanto other than that martial arts rag.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    10/04/2008 2:06pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I at least have a picture of myself with Dan Inosanto, now it was taken at a seminar in 1993, but I can show a closer connection to Inosanto than this Clive character. I make no claim to be certified by, a student of, or a practioner of JKD or any of the arts taught by Dan Inosanto, yet I have photographic proof of having met him(once).

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2008 12:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by Law; 10/05/2008 5:32am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 3:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is from his film "Reckoning Of The Dragon".

Reckoning of the Dragon is an explosive kung fu adventure like no other action film of the modern era.
    Showcasing a nostalgic quality with its directing and choreography not seen since 1973, when the late great Bruce Lee left us his final cinematic masterpiece: Enter the Dragon.

Reckoning of the Dragon brings back an age of martial arts cinema that has been lost to the ages. Until now.
    wtf!?!?!?!?!?!!11111oneone

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 4:02pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Theory
    Here's a little gem for you all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GngCvxbzF9U
    Fixed.

And broken.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 4:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - JKD Sparring Session

YouTube - JKD Sparring Session

And what the hell is this?? He's slapping him!
    Last edited by normaengage; 11/09/2008 4:39pm at .

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 11:17am

Style: Jeet kune do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi
    i used to go to emils classes in hove. he isnt to bad but has some serious holes in his approach to fighting. for 1 thing he claims to no longer teach jkd but instead he calls it urban combat. i was there in the crossover period so i experienced urban combat and jkd and ill tell u there is no difference other than ego. and boy is it an ego. he also has a saying that 'anything can happen in a street fight, anything..' but he refuses to teach or infact learn any form of grappling calling it gay and claiming if he wants a hug he will call up his girlfriend. also some lessons i always got the impression he was teaching self defence tactics on the grounds of that they will look cool in a movie(knife defence with jumping kicks, 5-10 step combos...etc) but being that he is a struggling actor you can forgive that. no sparring aswell. only non contact sparring, which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to being punched unexpectadly. but, if u want that sort of thing then emil's is the place.

so yeah, he is a bit of a joker

oh and the ego, boy the ego

sorry for the long reply/terrible grammer

thanks
    Last edited by bobob; 11/11/2008 11:22am at .

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 12:30pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobob
    hi
    i used to go to emils classes in hove. he isnt to bad but has some serious holes in his approach to fighting. for 1 thing he claims to no longer teach jkd but instead he calls it urban combat. i was there in the crossover period so i experienced urban combat and jkd and ill tell u there is no difference other than ego. and boy is it an ego. he also has a saying that 'anything can happen in a street fight, anything..' but he refuses to teach or infact learn any form of grappling calling it gay and claiming if he wants a hug he will call up his girlfriend. also some lessons i always got the impression he was teaching self defence tactics on the grounds of that they will look cool in a movie(knife defence with jumping kicks, 5-10 step combos...etc) but being that he is a struggling actor you can forgive that. no sparring aswell. only non contact sparring, which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to being punched unexpectadly. but, if u want that sort of thing then emil's is the place.

so yeah, he is a bit of a joker

oh and the ego, boy the ego

sorry for the long reply/terrible grammer

thanks
    Don't apologise - you've brought light into this thread with personal experience. In fact, you might have saved this thread from getting to YMAS...

Do you happen to have any videos from your trainings with E.M.?

Could you describe in more detail, what a typical training session looked like?

How much he charged?

What was the grading like, if there was any?

We'd greatly appreciate any more details you could give. Thanx.

Also, I think you can forgive a struggling actor in a theatre, trying his role. Not acting like a MA instructor...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 12:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have any information on where he trained JKD?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 12:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast