Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/04/2008 10:06pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Creatine monohydrate will cause you to retain water.

Creatine ethyl-ester (or any other type), will generally not unless it is consumed at more than 7 grams a day or so. A loading stage isn't really necessary. (from what I've heard)
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2008 10:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing/MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey

Creatine ethyl-ester (or any other type), will generally not unless it is consumed at more than 7 grams a day or so. A loading stage isn't really necessary. (from what I've heard)
    Have you ever tried CEE? It really doesn't work any better. In my experience. Micronized creatine monohydrate is all you need.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2008 10:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave
    Have you ever tried CEE? It really doesn't work any better. In my experience. Micronized creatine monohydrate is all you need.
    In pretty much every experts opinion that ISN'T working for one of the supplement companies.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2008 11:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003volusia
    In pretty much every experts opinion that ISN'T working for one of the supplement companies.
    What?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/05/2008 12:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey

Creatine ethyl-ester (or any other type), will generally not unless it is consumed at more than 7 grams a day or so.
    Nope. If it increases the concentration of phosphocreatine in your cells (which is the whole point of taking creatine products), it'll increase the volume of sarcoplasm in your muscle cells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/05/2008 8:19am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    muscle cell hydration - the extent of fluid inside the muscle cell.

The more fluid inside the muscle cell, the larger the muscle cell will be. Muscle tissue is approximately 70% water. Increasing fluid volume just a few percent can have a big impact on muscle size, tone, strength and theoretically protein and amino acid turnover. This leads to short and long term muscle growth.
    The weight gain is all intracellular water. This results in an increase in cytoplasmic volume, and mechanical leverage. I am most intrested in the effect this would have on gene expression and protein production. The cell will attempt to maintain a constant concentration of transcription factors (for gene expression) and total protein levels. The extra water (and volume) would tend to encourage increased production of gene products (to maintain the desired concentration) If this is the case, your muscle cells would become structurally bigger over time, and not just swollen with water. That would tend to make you stronger, and not just in an ATP-energizer bunny kinda way.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2008 8:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What?
    pretty much all the experts in supplements will tell you that creatine monohydrate is the most effective of any type. With the exception of the ones that have been hired to SELL the other types!

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/05/2008 11:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleSoft
    I am most intrested in the effect this would have on gene expression and protein production.
    Not sure if anything like this has been demonstrated. Have you seen anything to indicate this?

My back-of-the-envelope reasoning leads me not to expect increased rates of myofibril synthesis unless the number of ribosomes in a particular cell increases as the sarcoplasmic volume increases. Without knowing the limiting factors in the synthesis rate, though, I can't say for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    12/05/2008 11:47am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by H TO THE IZZO
    My back-of-the-envelope reasoning leads me not to expect increased rates of myofibril synthesis unless the number of ribosomes in a particular cell increases as the sarcoplasmic volume increases. Without knowing the limiting factors in the synthesis rate, though, I can't say for sure.
    You think you can just come in here and trick us into thinking you know what yer talkin about by arbitrarily throwing around your big fancy university words?

Someone go get a dictionary, so we can prove this fool is just talking nonsense.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2008 12:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003volusia
    pretty much all the experts in supplements will tell you that creatine monohydrate is the most effective of any type. With the exception of the ones that have been hired to SELL the other types!
    Okay so your saying what i'm saying. Tracking.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast