is badder than you

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 1:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigander
    Could somebody write a really simple text on how to behave in a mma dojo?
    Here's my contribution:

1) STFU and listen to what the teacher tells you.
    2) No really, STFU and listen.
    3) When rolling and/or drilling, tap early, tap often, and don't spaz out.

I'm sure there's more, but that's done me pretty well in a few different environments.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 1:31pm

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    3) When rolling and/or drilling, tap early, tap often, and don't spaz out.
    That was what I was thinking to but I actually over did it. I am absolutly going to work on my "shut up" skillz .. because I think they will do wonders for me:D

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 1:54pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigander
    I am home from my first training now.. I basically got my ass handed to me severly several times. There where actually a newbi there.. but he was like 40 pounds bigger than me.

I am not gonna whine so much about size and stuff.. the other guys where better at this than me:) I got kneed in the face one time(accident).. damn it made me pretty:D

We did grappling the hole training. no stand ups or anything. We worked on methods for getting out of full mouth. the instructor could do it very easy but I couldn't do it.. I am not sure why yet.. gonna let it sink in. We also worked alittle on ground control and then it was straight into sparring.

I noticed that everybody was good at something. This one guy was really good at submitting people from under them.. he caught one arm and then it was either armbar or the chooke hold(triangle maybe) I had to give up "favorable" positions many time with him because I noticed that he was going for one of them and I didn't know how to deal with it.
    I found out how to do the RNC on one of the guys and I did it multible times because he didn't know how to defend against it.

I had decided to not be a spazy newbi.. and it backfired.. one of the guys said that I should put more of a fight in it and not tap out so fast.. so denied to let me go when I tapped out and said that I had to fight my way out.. I could actually do it to my surprise.. I suspect that he went easy on me;)

The double tooth guard.. It sucked I had to take it out because I could not bread. I almost had to vomit because It chooked me. I am getting a single tooth guard.

some issues.. It actually hurt when somebody lays their weight on my chest.. I am exstremly skinny right now but this is straight out riddicules.. one of the guys said that I have to relaxe more when I am in a disadvantage and that I hurt myself because I am to tense...I think he is right.

strength.. that is a hugh issue.. I have been sick but I am actually so weak that I can't manipulate my opponent's arms.. while my opponent's can manipulate mine as they please.
    I actually had a hard time making the RNC work because the other guy was to so much stronger than me.. and that was when I had his back. -_- I am going to eat more and if the problem don't solve it self then I will try to find a good way to ask for advice.

I have a request. Could somebody write a really simple text on how to behave in a mma dojo? and sticky it. there was a hugh cultural shock.. and I am absolutly sure that nobody liked me:D

Note to myself: I have to shut up more and lissen to advices..

Right now I am bruised.(knee in face+ I got a cut in my lip) also I am really dizzy and I feel that I have to vomit. I am pale.. my neck hurts. I am shakeing. there is something wrong with my arms.. it hurts when I grab something.. and I am exstemly happy:D I would choose mma before anything I have trained before any day of the week. I just have to find out how to fit in because I really don't:D
    Ok bro, I have never been kneed in the face, but I have gone to an introductory MMA class.

I hated the MMA class, mostly beacause of the school teaching it focused on kata, indian karate, and blackbelts....but that's a different story.

Now I go to a more self defense oriented gym run by a former kickboxing and shootfighting champion focused on cross training.

so instead of an MMA class, I take a muay thai and a BJJ class.

It makes a world of difference, but I'm sure your MMA class is, unlike mine, legit.

I'm just saying MMA classes tend to be towards "being tough" in my experience.

It looks like you have trouble socializing, I would ask for advice on that in the Ladies liquor and loot forums or get a shrink/therapist.....no seriously, I don't know what to tell you to improve your behavior, maybe the guys you train with are assholes.

I'm fat, it doesn't do **** on my strenght, it just hinders my cardio and makes me heavy. I'd recomend finding someone who knows how to lift weights, get as much information as possible, and lift at your house some 15-20 pound dumbbells for each hand. go online and reasearch exercises....go to your barnes and noble and research exercises.

if I knew who you were I could teach you some calistethics...there are so many different push ups you can do and so many more ab workouts you can do man....seriously, go on youtube.

and eat some spinach, acai suplements, fish, get that implemented into your diet. if you lack energy and are skiny as hell, eat some good carbs, just watch out you don't get fat.

EDIT: and regarding the rear naked choke, I would watch this video. It's really not about strenght.

YouTube - Eddie Bravo On: The power of the Sqeeze
    Last edited by tharuz; 9/27/2008 1:56pm at .

is badder than you

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 2:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    I'd recomend finding someone who knows how to lift weights, get as much information as possible
    Yes. See: Physical Training, Diet, and Health Forum - No BS Martial Arts

and lift at your house some 15-20 pound dumbbells for each hand
    No.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 2:04pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not? thanks for the link, but do you think everybody has the money for balley?

just buy some dumbbells at wal mart, what's wrong with that?

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You only have 3 months of training under your belt. On top of that, you're fat and out of shape. You have no business advising people on their training.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 2:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not? thanks for the link, but do you think everybody has the money for balley?

just buy some dumbbells at wal mart, what's wrong with that?
    1) Brainstorm some broad, long-term goals.
    2) Determine your time, money, and geographical restrictions.
    3) Come up with specific, quantifiable short-term goals.
    4) Find a dietary and training program that meets the above goals and restrictions.
    5) Do it.
    6) Assess your progress.
    7) Repeat.

Dumping money into equipment/memberships/supplements goes somewhere around step 4 or 5. Any money he spends on stuff now is money he can't spend later on stuff he may actually benefit from.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 2:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, can you explain what 'grappling the hole' is? Are you sure you went to an MMA gym and not a men's bathhouse?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 2:48pm

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAHA.. ;) probably alittle spelling error:D they use grappling in the club name and the guy said that they do mma. anyways.. my short term goal is to fit in and give the guys a better fight so they will enjoy sparring more:) hit me with the gay jokes:D but no picks plz.

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 3:35pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the RNC you can also try squeezing a plastic bottle /the bigger ones/. That usualy gets you to involve the sholders more.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast