Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 4:24pm

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My first mma training

Hi guys:)

I am going to have my first mma training tomorrow.. I am not sure how "hardcore" it will be I visited the club earlier this week and they told me that they focus on boxing and wrestling.( I think they tried to simplify it, I suspect that they didn't think I had heard of bjj)
    The guys seemed all right.

A problem.. I have been really really sick the last 6 months.. and I have lost alot of weight.. I have tried to train and eat right but it has been almost impossible. not sure how it is going to affect my fighting em "skillz" I am probably going to suck even more..

I have bought a double tooth protector(it covers my upper teeths and my under teeths).. It covers all of my mooth... but it is almost impossible to breath with it because it shuts the airways.. I didn't think about this when I bought it.. I am probably going to buy a new singel mooth guard tomorrow.

and now the main point. I want to video tape it.. but I am abit shy.. what will they think of me if I pull out a video camera on the first date? seriously.. I will have enough problems adapting..

I need motivation/courage to bring that cam to training. or was to avoid freaking people out so much.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 4:49pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, you do not need to videotape your first class.

Reasons:

it means you got some serious problems

noone wants to watch it(it'll suck more than my sparring videos)

we are people from the internet

????

PROFIT!

but in all seriousness, run a bit and don't bring a camera with you on the first class, everybody'l bust your balls for it and noone will want to spar with you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 4:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    it means you got some serious problems
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    but in all seriousness, run a bit and don't bring a camera with you on the first class, everybody'l bust your balls for it and noone will want to spar with you.
    I think that I am going to do what you say.. and then later on when I have adapted alittle I will start talking about em...marketing:D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 5:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fadfad
    lol 299 posts on bullshido and you're first class. GJ
    I have been sick.. + I have trained alot of other crap just so you know;)

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 5:51pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell have you been sick with to have been ill for 6 months? Malaria? Meningitis? Ebola? SARS?

Oh, and do not even ask about videotaping your fist class. Worry about listening and learning.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 5:52pm

Style: Yoshi orc + Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, you have GOT TO come back here and write about how you pwned everybody at the class. Trust me on this.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 5:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol.

Double mouth guards usually have a space in the middle, to allow for air.

Mine does, i love it. it rocks.

Or get a single.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 7:23pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please bring your camera. Let them know it's so you can show your internet friends what you're made of. They'll understand.

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 12:25am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6 months??? What'd you do brake 6 bones consecutively?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2008 1:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am home from my first training now.. I basically got my ass handed to me severly several times. There where actually a newbi there.. but he was like 40 pounds bigger than me.

I am not gonna whine so much about size and stuff.. the other guys where better at this than me:) I got kneed in the face one time(accident).. damn it made me pretty:D

We did grappling the hole training. no stand ups or anything. We worked on methods for getting out of full mouth. the instructor could do it very easy but I couldn't do it.. I am not sure why yet.. gonna let it sink in. We also worked alittle on ground control and then it was straight into sparring.

I noticed that everybody was good at something. This one guy was really good at submitting people from under them.. he caught one arm and then it was either armbar or the chooke hold(triangle maybe) I had to give up "favorable" positions many time with him because I noticed that he was going for one of them and I didn't know how to deal with it.
    I found out how to do the RNC on one of the guys and I did it multible times because he didn't know how to defend against it.

I had decided to not be a spazy newbi.. and it backfired.. one of the guys said that I should put more of a fight in it and not tap out so fast.. so denied to let me go when I tapped out and said that I had to fight my way out.. I could actually do it to my surprise.. I suspect that he went easy on me;)

The double tooth guard.. It sucked I had to take it out because I could not bread. I almost had to vomit because It chooked me. I am getting a single tooth guard.

some issues.. It actually hurt when somebody lays their weight on my chest.. I am exstremly skinny right now but this is straight out riddicules.. one of the guys said that I have to relaxe more when I am in a disadvantage and that I hurt myself because I am to tense...I think he is right.

strength.. that is a hugh issue.. I have been sick but I am actually so weak that I can't manipulate my opponent's arms.. while my opponent's can manipulate mine as they please.
    I actually had a hard time making the RNC work because the other guy was to so much stronger than me.. and that was when I had his back. -_- I am going to eat more and if the problem don't solve it self then I will try to find a good way to ask for advice.

I have a request. Could somebody write a really simple text on how to behave in a mma dojo? and sticky it. there was a hugh cultural shock.. and I am absolutly sure that nobody liked me:D

Note to myself: I have to shut up more and lissen to advices..

Right now I am bruised.(knee in face+ I got a cut in my lip) also I am really dizzy and I feel that I have to vomit. I am pale.. my neck hurts. I am shakeing. there is something wrong with my arms.. it hurts when I grab something.. and I am exstemly happy:D I would choose mma before anything I have trained before any day of the week. I just have to find out how to fit in because I really don't:D
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast